Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Macs1209
    Original poster 3 posts

The bleed effect is a very powerful effect agains players (especially in PvP, but in PvE too), the only thing I miss is the effect impact on NPCs.

All other status effect have some impact on NPCs behavior:

• Confuse slow down enemies and they fully stop shooting
    • Burn is same, slow them down and they cannot shoot
    • Blind is same to previous ones. Only legendary chungas can blindfire while blinded.
    • Napalm (with DOT) and foam lock them to ground, and they can shoot only in a small angle
    • Distrupt stagger NPCs, apply one-time damage on electronics, and robotics/skills stop working normally

Bleed is the only exception, for NPCs it looks like a weak dot tool instead status effect.

There are some possible change which keep the atmosphere and not break any rules. Under bleed effect, NPC would:

• loose accuracy
    • stop shooting for a second or two on bleed apply
    • avoid more bleeding bullets: higher chance to go/stay in cover instead rushing on players

Is there any chance/planned change to see some changes related to bleed effect impact on NPCs in the future?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• DutchLMB4ever
    161 posts

@macs1209
    They should up the bleed damage in PvE
    The more status effect the more AND longer bleed damage.

For pvp, keep it how it is I guess.

• Noxious81
    487 posts

Hello agent and welcome to the forums!

(...) Bleed is the only exception, for NPCs it looks like a weak dot tool instead status effect. (...)

Yes, it's true that some Status Effects confuse or immobilize enemies, some deal damage, and some do both. And of course Status Effects that in some way handicap the enemy and deal DOT seem to be superior to Status Effects that only do either of both.

Usually, when incorporated into a good Status Effect build, you can benefit a lot from for example the foam, because it really immobilizes enemies for a long time. In this case, the duration of this hindrance is what makes it so powerful, although it doesn't deal damage. The other way around, this is also true for applying bleed to enemies. But here it's the pure damage dealt by the Status Effect that makes it powerful. For example a Stinger Hive at Skill Tier 6 can completely wipe enemy reinforcements.

Most probably Bleed seems a bit underwhelming when used without any Skill Tiers or without the attribute Status Effects, because its impact can't really be noticed. Whereas when applying Blind or Burn, one can see the impact on the enemy. Although all Status Effects will last equally long, seeing an enemy burn for a very short time can be noticed better than an enemy just loosing some HP.

(...) Is there any chance/planned change to see some changes related to bleed effect impact on NPCs in the future?

Maybe with the new update coming in February 2022. But until today I didn't hear anything about the devs planning to rework Status Effects.

• Macs1209
    Original poster 3 posts

@noxious81 The stinger hive microdrones explode on enemies, apply explosive damage and bleed. This is why they escape from hive radius as quickly as they can, and that's why it can wipe a spawn easily.
    But there are another bleed sources like sadist, ongoing directive etc. When skill tier not counts, base duration is 6 second (scales up with status effect attributes and down by enemy HZP), but they only suffer some minor DOT and nothing change in their behavior. Basically the status effect target is to manipulate enemy behavior, which is true except the bleed. That's why I miss this part of effect. Without HZP, on a player, bleed can be very annoying, and nearly sure change the player's gameplay/behavior during the effect.

• xcel30
    414 posts

An odd suggestion that i had was that the dot damage should be bigger if the enemy is moving and smaller if standing still, so against rushers, tanks (since they never stay in cover and always walk towards you) or other agile NPCs they would take drasticly more damage but against granadiers and snipers it would be less useful, you could possible also increase duration in general for PVE so it becomes the status effect to trigger skills and benefits talents more.

I made so many suggestions to bleed at this point i lost count: increase health damage the enemy tank, damage be based on enemy be moving, let players stack bleed multiple times, let players re-fresh bleed duration or extend if they keep shooting the enemy, slow the enemy movement (i mean you wouldn't if you were bleeding), make enemy stagger/flinch more easily from being shot.

But yeah currently just use burn instead since it does better damage AND stuns most enemies

• BT3241
    98 posts

I use a status effect build with grenades I have a grenade build using the Madbomber for even greater effect. I use grenades all the time with the build..

The flashbang is by far the best.
    The Fire grenade is great but does not work well on Black Tusk elites and Bosses
    Pulse works great on Black tusk and Rogues
    Foam is great for certain battles and works great in tandem if another player throws a grenade on the same spot.
    Regular grenade is the most powerful with more damage but with much less status effect.
    The Frag grenade is by far the least effective they bleed a little but if doesn't slow them down.
    In between battles you can reload all your grenades simply by switching load outs.

Suggested Topics