ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Zengrath
    Original poster 3 posts

EDIT: I played for many more hours today and didn't encounter as many issues with switching agents, I guess I just had a lot of back luck in the beginning and its stressful getting jumped and attacked when switching agents when you only have a couple of them in beginning of the game and you're playing with perma death (permadeath mode is best new feature of this game! and i am loving resistance mode, i just learned this was added in a later patch and i feel like this is the way watchdogs is meant to be played!). I now have about 15 agents alive, did all fightclub missions and it's fun when it's I'm playing and not switching agents. It's hard to suggest a fix to this now so long after release as I doubt anything will be done about it now but i do believe when you switch agents there should be some checks in place to make sure agent is in a semi-safe area, like not right on top of a enemy where you get insta attacked and no inside closet like rooms that you can't leave.

Hi, i just started playing watch dogs legion today and I'm a bit frustrated with the switching operatives feature on the map. 3 times in a row i had an operative closer to an objective and so i switch to that agent only for them to be stuck behind an invisible wall or door i can't open. Once i was spawned in stuck behind a subway entrance and when i go down into subway it's just black walls and nothing down there, and when i try to pass through the checkpoint (not sure what they are calls, they are like metal detector things) i run into an invisible wall and i won't let me past. The other two times i was stuck in a closet sized room with no textures and 1 door which doesn't open, i am assuming this is where NPC's spawn in and then walk out into the world. Because of this, i just end up having to play one agent and driving all over the map rather than being able to switch agents which i doubt is the intention.

I'm hoping someone can tell me how to get out of these places that i get stuck in when switching agents, is there an /unstuck command like feature in this game that will teleport you to like nearest street or something so i can get out of these situations? Given that this happened to me 3 out of about 4 times so far when switching operatives, this seems like a way to common issue of like a 75% chance so far of getting stuck when switching agents. That's not acceptable if it's a bug. I wait for a while after the release of most games so major game breaking bugs like this can be fixed and I'm deeply disappointed to see so many bugs in a game that has been out for so long :(.

I really like the Watch Dogs franchise but it's hard to look past such glaring bugs like this one, not to mention other issues like when I first started playing early couple missions, after a mission ended it put me on side of a street and as game is talking to me about the mission a drone or something spotted me and almost near instantly a bunch of soldiers opened fire on me and killed me. I'm playing on permadeath mode so that's the end of that character. That makes 0 sense, I wasn't wanted or detected and i wasn't win a red area, yet I'm just starting game finished an objective in a main mission and killed second the game teleports me to a street. That's clearly a bug, why would a player just be put into that situation? I don't understand how just simply standing in a street getting a 1 star wanted level warrants the use of lethal force and killing my character permanently. I'm hoping maybe as i progress in the game i can fix deadsec's reputation and this won't happen anymore but seems super harsh for a new player with limited agents to play to just instantly kill us like that for doing absolutely nothing wrong.

Another frustrating situation was I kept getting chased and wanted simply for driving to one objective, i wasn't driving through those checkpoints and i wasn't in any red areas but for some reason a random Albion solder or something kept spotting me just as i'm driving slowly down the road towards my next objective which makes me wanted and have to outrun them until the wanted clears. This happened 4 freaking times in a row and i was even approaching the objective from different roads and directions, every time i wasn't in any red areas, i wasn't going through checkpoints or anything like that, it seemed random that i'd be spotted made wanted and chased, and on top of all that they instantly use lethal weapons putting that character at risk of permadeath too, all for simply driving down the road? I don't get that, but maybe there is a mechanic i'm missing on this one? I kinda wonder thinking back if somehow i had my gun out or game thought i had my gun out while i was driving in the car, in all for instances i never left the car once but i noticed when i tried to hit L1 to hack things while driving it was shooting a gun instead of allowing me to hack while driving, which made no sense but could explain why i kept getting wanted just driving down the street if enemies thought i had a gun out? This entire first few hour of this game has been a very wonky and buggy situation that i normally would only see in beta/early access games. Not a fully released game with many months of patches! Could explain when i briefly tried the online mode there was no one around, i guess game too buggy for people to play this? Sorry i really wanted to like this game and i'm just frusterated over all the issues i've run into that seem out of my control.

In this screenshot is an example of what keeps happening when i switch operatives. Stuck in this tiny room with a door that won't open.

So right after this i try switching to another agent since this one is stuck, i am instantly attacked before i could even move i was attacked! i wasn't wanted or anything. This is insane the level of bugs in this game is just mind blowing. This game is frankly in an unacceptable state. usbisoft doesn't normally have this level of bugs in a fully released game. I'm blown away how horrible made this game is. I would only expect this level of crap from an EA title.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@zengrath Hey! Thank you for getting in touch and sorry that you have had this experience with switching agents. Thank you for the image that you posted.

It is good to hear that switching agents is not as bad now. Personally, I have not yet played with Permadeath, I guess I am too afraid to lose my agents forever.

Thank you for your feedback and suggestions on switching agents, I will pass this on to the Watch Dogs team. If you do find that this issue comes back please provide us with a video showing it happening so we can investigate further with the game team.

Thank you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics