ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• vexxonn
    Original poster 2 posts

When I play Valhalla, the textures are loading slowly or not loading fully. Also, game often freezes with an autosave icon in the corner (especially in the settlements and on the river). Has anyone had such a problem?
    I play on high settings
    My PC specifications:
    GTX 1060 6gb
    i5-4440
    16gb ram ddr3 1600
    SSD Kingston A400 480gb

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4276 posts

Hi @vexxonn apologies for the late response.

There is a new update that has just been released today. Can you try installing the update and try the game again.

If you still experience issues with the textures and freezing then can you also go through the PC troubleshooting steps in the support article here as there have been known to help resolve issues such as games not launching, crashes, freezing, FPS drops and much more.

Official Response
  • Arne_iz_da
    2 posts

@ubi-keo I also experience these texture loading issues.

For Example the cape I wear sometimes goes from high quality to low quality as show here:

The weird thing about this, the level of detail changes when moving, changing camera angle, zomming in or out.

I've tried reinstalling the game, clearing the game cache in "%USERPROFILE%\OneDrive\Documents\Assassin's Creed Valhalla\cache", installing latest gpu drivers also tried older ones but the issue persists.
    Also I'd like to note I own the Xbox version of the game and on the Xbox Series X I do not encounter this issues at all. They seem to be exclusive to the PC version of the game.
    I also can provide a video showing the change of textures in their level of detail if needed.
    DxDiag: https://i.arne-iz-da.de/aUleMtR6.txt

Comparison
    PC

XBox

• Arne_iz_da
    2 posts

The last two images are in the wrong order. 1st is Xbox and 2nd is PC. Cant edit my post.

• NynzyLove
    9 posts

@arne_iz_da PS4 is having the same issues, particularly bad in Ravensthorpe, where, ideally, you would want it to be as smooth as possible to admire your cosmetics. Happens with pieces of Eivor's armour too~

Suggested Topics