ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• msiloveme2
    Original poster 14 posts

Ostara festival totally broke my game, it is unplayable. There’s no dialogue audio during conversations. This effects all the cities and Ravensthorpe especially. All I can hear is Eivor’s echoing footsteps in Ravensthorpe and an occasional background sound. There’s also a massive screen tearing in the settlement. The only two places I can hear dialogue audio is in the vendor’s shop and the Hunter’s hut. The festival area and the DLCs are unaffected by this. Please fix this issue as I am no longer able to play. I’m on Series X. I’ve even reinstalled the game twice, cleared the cache to no avail.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Hi there, @msiloveme2.

I'm so sorry to hear that you're unable to hear the dialogue in-game. Thank you for letting me know which areas are affected, that's very helpful! If you follow the steps here, does anything change at all? This includes any issues with screen tearing as well, please let me know how it goes! If nothing changes, please take a clip of what you're seeing so I can see and hear exactly what's going on. If needed, you can upload it to YouTube and share the link with me here.

Official Response
  • msiloveme2
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubimint hi there, thanks for getting back to me. I’ve tried all the steps as you’ve suggested and everything seems to be the same. I’ve tried absolutely every possible way with no success. The game worked fine until the festival.

• UbiMint
    Ubisoft Support Staff 186 posts

Thanks for giving it a try, @msiloveme2! Were you able to take a clip so I can take a look? Also, please check to ensure your most recent saves are uploaded to the cloud. You can do this by just making sure you're connected to the internet and manually saving your game.

Official Response
  • msiloveme2
    Original poster 14 posts

@ubimint hi again, I often do manual saves so I have the most recent cloud saves. As for the game clip, unfortunately I was not able to access my clips and screenshots in my Xbox mobile app now for some strange reason. I’ve also discovered since yesterday that I’m crashing to desktop during raids and mastery challenges. Twice in 6/7 minutes in my first mastery challenge in fact but I’ve already submitted a bug report for that too. 😩

Suggested Topics