ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• S5yn3T
    Original poster 89 posts

So the time has come when game server began to degrade again.
    Symptoms this time is non existent to very sparse traffic
    Taking forever for the in-game chat to appear
    No connection with any other player in free roam, let alone with friends
    (haven't played long enough yet to notice if police is missing as well)

So it would be great if the team could reboot the server and clean dust from it... especially as we're nearing new year, where everyone who has non base version of the game will end up locked out of the game for 2 weeks.

And before anyone trouble the "Connection Guide", yes i have my connection set up properly with static ip (as support has evidence of me going through the whole "connectivity troubleshoot")

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2427 posts

Thank you for reaching out @s5yn3t .

May we please if when experiencing this performance in-game if you're seeing any additional warnings / error messages or codes?

Such as a NAT warning in the main menu or any errors when attempting to connect?

Official Response
  • S5yn3T
    Original poster 89 posts

Update:
    It takes 5 minutes for the traffic to spawn in after loading into the map for the first time, after that when you fast travel to another state it takes about a minute for traffic to spawn.
    It's not normal as usually traffic spawns immediately when you zoom in into map in map view, or in about 10 second when you spawn into the map

It took me 42 minutes to see a first police car appear in freeroam.
    Crate runs have them spawn immediately, so that functions well so far and reward server isn't busted yet.

After an hour i still didn't see a single soul in most populated hubs of the map.

PVP is functioning partially.
    I can see people in queue for the pvp game, but its only one other person at a time... after a whole hour of waiting and re-queueing a couple of time, the game didn't engage us into PVP.

• Ubi-TheBerry

Thanks for the update @s5yn3t .

Are you able to capture any screenshots / clips of the lacking traffic and game queues so we can advise the team so they can take a further look?

As everything appears to be running as normal here, examples of the degradation you're encountering would be appreciated and a big help in getting this looked into.

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Inpronunciabile
    14 posts

@s5yn3t la faranno o no la manutenzione ?

• S5yn3T
    Original poster 89 posts

@kingoftheb They seem reluctant on doing it.

• Inpronunciabile
    14 posts

@s5yn3t Non ci fanno una bella figura ...... o tutti i giocatori se ne sono andati o sono in crash, ma sembra difficile ammeterlo. Be visto che continuano a venderlo sto gioco una seria e completa manutenzione ci vuole

• S5yn3T
    Original poster 89 posts

a week later, no response... classic.

Small update, now i can sync up with friends in a crew... but only if a crew consists of 3 (me included) people, otherwise it all stays as it was... A ghost town.

• UCHIHASASUKE_
    1 posts

I was playing crew 2 . when i finished the race it showed server error and i didnt receive my rewards. i was grinding the newyork race for money. then i restarted the game the same error occured. i replaced host file , flushed dns and nothing fixed it. i need help.

• S5yn3T
    Original poster 89 posts

@uchihasasuke_ It's a The Crew thread, not The Crew 2.

• flipbill
    1 posts

@s5yn3t
    I agree with @s5yn3t

No connection with any other player in free roam, let alone with friends

It takes 2 or 3 minutes for the traffic to spawn in after loading into the map for the first time, after that when you fast travel to another state it takes about 2 minute for traffic to spawn.
    It's not normal as usually traffic spawns immediately when you zoom in into map in map view, or in about 10 second when you spawn into the map

So it would be great if the team could reboot the server and clean dust from it.

MAINTENANCE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• marcantoinegt1
    5 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry

Hello guys,

Sorry that there's been no responses here in a while!

Thanks for the clip and extra information @S5yn3T - appreciate it.

This has been passed onto the team but at the moment, no further information is available.

When there's news or should maintenance be planned, we'll let you know so please watch this space.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused and I hope you've all had a pleasant holiday!

Official Response
  • S5yn3T
    Original poster 89 posts

almost a month has passed

• Ubi-TheBerry

Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay!

Some server maintenance did take place on the 29th December.

Just checking in to see if anyone has noticed any changes in performance in-game recently following this?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Inpronunciabile
    14 posts
    And you're still crashing this time with the network (unstable network) the tests are all out of order only the transports work

• marcantoinegt1
    5 posts

@bv-2001-mk4-zg

Server degradation for 1 week.
    Any challenge or mission available.
    Is it vacation for Ubisoft staff ?

• Inpronunciabile
    14 posts
    they are starting to destroy the balls

• Libor_KTM
    2 posts

@marcantoinegt1