Welcome to discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Canyonero_
    Original poster 1 posts

Please fix the crashes. Getting killed in hardcore mode from a crash time and time again is extremely annoying.

Fix the game please. It's been out for over 2 years and is in this terrible state. Unacceptable.

Maybe focus on fixing the existing game before working on the new stuff coming in February! And stop sending the copy and paste "we are sorry, thanks for patience" responses to everyone and fix it!

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SuspiciousPixel
    90 posts

@canyonero_ I think it's probably safe to say that the developers have swept this issue under the rug.

• III_Hammer_III
    40 posts

@canyonero_
    Think about it from the perspective of the person who's supposed to fix the issue... my game doesn't crash, at all. Yours crashes continuously as you say. What is there to fix?

It is not very different from going to the doctor or taking your car to a mechanic: you don't call the doctor over the phone and tell them "I'm sick" and expect the doctor to give you a diagnosis. You don't call a mechanic over the phone to tell them your car is broken, and expect the mechanic to diagnose the problem.

So, if you are having issues with game crashes, open a ticket with support and give them some general diagnostics of your equipment. Now, I am not saying that will lead to a solution to your problem, but I can guarantee you, posting here "fix your game!" is definitely not going to.

• XMdead
    135 posts

@canyonero_

There has been much discussion on the issue. The devs have been looking at it for a year or two with no success. And it is not only quote random but it affects div1 and Div2 equally. Finally, it happens not only to people with bad computers and bad internet but also to people with excellent computers and 200mb+ internet.

If you take those things together the conclusion is fairly obvious. The issue is:
    (1) Related to the communication from client to server. Either at the server side or between the client and server ISPs.
    (2) The code that handles such communication in The Divison is defective and it simply can't handle the communication issues (while other games do it just fine). Maybe it assigns you to servers that are too far away or maybe they have timeout values that are too low.

So, unless and until the devs fix the issue, assume that these problems will continue forever and don't play any mode where death has permanent consequences.

On the positive side, yesterday I played Div1 all day (to take advantage of the global event) and I had only one crash. It appears that the devs are making at least some progress.

• III_Hammer_III
    40 posts

@xmdead

Looks like you slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

How do you account for the majority of players, who don't experience issues? Luck?

• XMdead
    135 posts
    @xmdead

Looks like you slept at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

How do you account for the majority of players, who don't experience issues? Luck?

If you are physically in the US or EU the problems are minimal. In the rest of the world it is hit and miss depending on location.

This issue has been discussed at nauseum. The devs acknowledged it and have been working on it for a year or two. Just because you are a lucky one it does not mean that the problem does not exist. I suggest sticking to topics you understand.

• III_Hammer_III
    40 posts

@xmdead

That's funny. OS/cloud engineer since the late 1990's, so... by your conclusions and the language you use, though.... 😏

Anyway, what do I care, right? I have no issues.

• dagrommit
    780 posts
    If you are physically in the US or EU the problems are minimal. In the rest of the world it is hit and miss depending on location.

Nonsense.

People affected by the crashes are all over the world, including in the US and EU. What varies is how frequently people experience those crashes. Some have been able to mitigate it, while the same "fixes" did nothing for others.

Suggested Topics