ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• RVL1993
    Original poster 3 posts

Hi fix the stealth system , it’s broken!!! Or make it like in ac Origins

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• tcarlisle2012
    170 posts

You've done an outstanding job of being the kind of gamer that devs will listen too. So much detail, they can understand what your player experi4ence is like, agree that the game is not working as intended, and they will usher resources to resolving.

Yeah, no.

What I think you might be getting at, is sometimes it happens where the NPCs detect you upon first glance. In other words, the visibility meter does not show they can see you at all, but then you are detected at the very instance the meter starts to show.

I am not sure this is a bug, but I can say it doesn't always happen. I am a player that prefers to play these games stealth. I've cleared quite a few levels completely stealth, so I can't say the blanket statement "stealth is broken" is even true.

But one context I notice the stealth visibility issue tends to happen, is when soling river raid fortresses. I think they may have designed those to not be stealth friendly, and making the visibility meter not really work well is how they did that. The net result is it is a lot harder, but not impossible to stealth this content.

Regarding that context, clearly the river raids were intended to be played run 'n' gun style with your crew. Unfortunately, they made id where your crew sucks. Hence I leave my crew in the boat and solo the raid level, and then get the crew when there are no baddies left.

But all that aside, I can't even begin to guess what it is abourt your gameplay that makes you feel the game is broken, so back top point #1.

• pesto.
    258 posts

To me the stealth is just not really there in this game. I mean you can use it but it’s missing so much, double takedowns only work if the second enemy doesn’t see you during the first takedown and by then anyone else near is immediately alerted because the system spreads alert to everyone in an area instantly regardless of them hearing or seeing anything themselves. So you can’t use double takedowns during a stealth approach unless the enemies are in total isolation.

That also It completely defeats the alarm bell system, ringing the alarm only wakes up sleeping enemies I found, but you can’t ring it yourself to bring in more of them if you’re going loud, at least in Odyssey you could light the pyre yourself.

Then there’s the detection. Sound other than the whistle doesn’t seem to be detected except within 3ft, you can swing your axe and smash pots all day no-one will come. Visual detection seems very erratic too an enemy may not be looking in your direction yet they’ll detect you, at other times you can be right in front and they’ll ignore you. You’d expect it to be lesser at night or require you to be in a light source, but no it seems they see you at the same distances as at daytime, which makes night just an ugly looking annoyance rather anything of value.

There are no stealth puzzles as there were in previous games either. No section where you must find a route through without being detected, no areas where to approach with stealth requires scoping out and figuring out an approach.

Which leads to very little environmental takedown opportunities, yes there are a few oil jars, chandeliers and crane loads you can shoot down, but that’s all archery. You can’t use spreading fire as a weapon both as a means to trap and kill but also as a distraction as they try to put it out, there’s little to no verticality, no crawl space to jump up from, few beams to dive down and retreat up to, no alternative routes to pick off enemies with. Then there’s few traps you can set, exploding bodies only stun so are really of use in combat not stealth, same for the arrow trap types. Everything is arranged around open combat and brawling, nothing around stealth play.

Suggested Topics