ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• tcarlisle2012
    Original poster 170 posts

Yeah, the whole rat thing in paris is a bit laughable. Love your games (loved Origins and Odyssey6 a little more than this one so far) but I also loved "A Plague Tale".

The whole rat thing in Paris seems to be a bit of a rip-off. If it turns out being that you have to solve light puzzles to get through the rats, I'm calling you out. LOL.

In all seriousness, it made me happy to think of that other game. I might even go play it. I rank that game in my top three of all time highest. I might even put it higher than the Witcher 3.

I bet, if the next AC was to get back to the basics of being the best stealth game in the world, it would be something many would rank among those few notable games of the past.

I certainly understand why AC has morphed and is also a button masher, sword slasher type. But I do long for the kind of AC we used to play.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• pesto.
    258 posts

@tcarlisle2012 I’m just glad that it shows that some on the AC team play other games.

You want games to be made by gamers because they’re going to be the most critical, they’re going to know what works and what doesn’t work, they’re going to know where you come from.

I just wish they’d apply some more of that to their own games. Like greater depth to the RPG and world building elements (a step back from Odyssey), more in depth combat, nightmare mode that actually is up there with souls/Nioh, stealth that’s rewarding and batman-esque and it’s own puzzle element, bringing the extra dark night option from breakpoint over to Valhalla because the game is ugly at night with correct brightness for day (actually the current festival has better night in the settlement area because it desaturates things below a threshold and darkens in the distance which simulates how our eyes work at night more), more hard hitting stories that don’t do the classic Ubisoft “everything is over the initial intro hump and just got into coasting along gear and suddenly you’re at the final mission at around the halfway point in the book, waaay too early and unsatisfying in the narrative arc” thing.

• lemmie88
    289 posts

I agree that its not a bad thing to see elements repeated. Most games take elements that work and continue to improve them with each iteration. The shame is in copying and doing it WORSE. ACV fishing, anyone?

Speaking of rats, have you played Dishonored? Pretty sure those rat swarms precede A Plague Tale. But nature did it first.

Suggested Topics