ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AsdHighLander
    Original poster 3 posts

Good evening,
    I write in this forum hoping that some of the developers will be interested. I've been playing this great game for a few years now. I wanted to bring a collection of some game notes.

Since the last update it is no longer possible to change the firing mode of weapons, why?

In the last period, the differences between the various operators have been flattening out and some game features are being eliminated, favoring a frenetic and less and less tactical game.

Fixed cameras especially those of the operator should light up only during the red ping. What is the point of promoting their traceability?
    I read that hitting the opponent no longer causes him to wince or tremble or tinnitus which instead made the game more realistic, is it true?

Flash bangs have always been unreliable making the tactical weapon useless and disadvantaging the use of some operators such as Ying, it is not possible that it is enough to turn around so as not to be blinded with a flash that illuminates perhaps a small room, it would be useful to work on the timing of restore that have no glare.

Jackal's detection should leave some uncertainty especially if the opponent is far away.

Hitting an opponent on the foot or hand should lead to a different handicap and damage, instead during or after being hit they aim or walk as if nothing had happened, even worse the operator dies after being hit in the foot several times perhaps through the passage of the drone vents. I believe that in reality whoever strikes first has an advantage over aiming.

A small drawback is the audio, there is no distinction between front and rear sound, in reality the sound coming from the shoulders should be attenuated in the high frequencies, since the hearing is full range only from the front; I verified this defect by listening to one of the radios inside the rooms and it is practically identical if listened to from the front or with the operator from behind.

I believe that the game should focus on tactical and cooperative simulation and not the 0 handicap fast war. The more experienced players now no longer play in groups and only aim to make kills precisely because there is no handicap when you are hit, in practice even if with 2% of life they remain at 100% of the performances, it would be fantastic if at least they were slowed down after taking so much damage.

I hope it will be useful to further improve the gameplay.

Greetings.
    _______________________Translation
    Buonasera, gioco a questo fantastico gioco da alcuni anni. Volevo portare una raccolta di alcune note di gioco.
    Dall'ultimo aggiornamento non è più possibile cambiare la modalità di fuoco delle armi, perché?
    Nell'ultimo periodo si stanno appiattendo le differenze tra i vari operatori e si stanno eliminando alcune caratteristiche di gioco favorendo un gioco frenetico e sempre meno tattico.
    Le telecamere fisse a sopratutto quelle dell'operatore dovrebbero illuminarsi solo durante il ping rosso. Che senso ha favorire la loro tracciabilità?

Leggevo che colpire l'avversario non gli reca più sussulti o tremolio o acufeni che invece rendeva più realistico il gioco, è vero? 
    Le flash bang sono sempre state inaffidabili rendendo l'arma tattica inutile e sfavorendo l'uso di alcuni operatori come Ying, non è possibile che basti voltarsi per non essere accecati con una flash che illumina magari una piccola stanza, sarebbe utile lavorare sui tempi di ripristino che non avere abbagliamento.

Il rilevamento di Jackal dovrebbe lasciare un po' di incertezza sopratutto se l'avversario è lontano.

Colpire un avversario su un piede o una mano dovrebbe recare un handicap e danni diversi, invece durante o dopo essere stati colpiti mirano o camminano come se nulla fosse, peggio ancora l'operatore muore dopo essere stato colpito al piede diverse volte magari attraverso il passaggio delle bocchette dei droni. Io credo che nella realtà chi colpisce prima ha un vantaggio sulla mira.

Un piccolo neo è l'audio, non c'è distinzione tra suono frontale e posteriore, nella realtà il suono che viene dalle spalle dovrebbe essere attenuato delle alte frequenze, poiché l'udito è full range solo frontalmente; ho verificato questo difetto ascoltando una delle radio all'interno delle stanze ed è praticamente identico se ascoltato frontalmente o con l'operatore di spalle.

Io credo che il gioco dovrebbe puntare alla simulazione tattica e cooperativa e non alla fast war con 0 handicap. I giocatori più esperti ormai non giocano più in gruppo e puntano solo a fare i kills proprio perché non c'è alcun handicap quando si viene colpiti, in pratica anche se con il 2% di vita restano al 100% delle prestazioni, sarebbe fantastico se almeno venissero rallentati dopo aver subito tanto danno.
    Spero sia utile per migliorare ulteriormente il gameplay.
    Saluti.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Lie-nus
    130 posts
    Since the last update it is no longer possible to change the firing mode of weapons, why?

My two theories on why they removed it, in addition to what they said during the season reveal:

1. Cheaters used single fire and shooting macros (strike packs on console) to circumvent full auto recoil
    2. Players either did not know about the feature, or did not utilize it often enough to justify keeping it in the game. Why? Probably because both per shot damage is balanced tor auto, not single fire, and firing in single fire takes training or a significant amount of attention to make quick repeat shots.

Fixed cameras especially those of the operator should light up only during the red ping. What is the point of promoting their traceability?

You can still make call outs on a cam, even if you aren't red pinging, and even if you aren't red pinging or everyone is silent, you can still yellow ping in the cam. Red pinging is pretty much the worst thing you can do in a cam since it almost always gets shot out afterwards.

I read that hitting the opponent no longer causes him to wince or tremble or tinnitus which instead made the game more realistic, is it true?

It got toned down from what I recall, but don't quote me on that.

Flash bangs have always been unreliable making the tactical weapon useless and disadvantaging the use of some operators such as Ying, it is not possible that it is enough to turn around so as not to be blinded with a flash that illuminates perhaps a small room, it would be useful to work on the timing of restore that have no glare.

What?

Jackal's detection should leave some uncertainty especially if the opponent is far away.

This is pretty much the wrong way to approach a Jackal nerf.

Hitting an opponent on the foot or hand should lead to a different handicap and damage, instead during or after being hit they aim or walk as if nothing had happened, even worse the operator dies after being hit in the foot several times perhaps through the passage of the drone vents. I believe that in reality whoever strikes first has an advantage over aiming.

That's too detailed for me, entering "just why" territory. I don't think anyone would notice a detail like that, let alone appreciate or even like it. Details like that were in Rogue Spear, but were absent in Vegas IIRC.

A small drawback is the audio, there is no distinction between front and rear sound, in reality the sound coming from the shoulders should be attenuated in the high frequencies, since the hearing is full range only from the front; I verified this defect by listening to one of the radios inside the rooms and it is practically identical if listened to from the front or with the operator from behind.

A good audio setup can already to this, and sound has been screwed up for the longest time, so I would be hesitant to add another point of failure in that chain. Mostly the same sentiment as the last point applies here as well.

I believe that the game should focus on tactical and cooperative simulation and not the 0 handicap fast war. The more experienced players now no longer play in groups and only aim to make kills precisely because there is no handicap when you are hit, in practice even if with 2% of life they remain at 100% of the performances, it would be fantastic if at least they were slowed down after taking so much damage.

It's hard to explain, but getting damaged is enough of a handicap in and of itself. And it's possible to not play in a group, but more likely than not, the other team is going to take advantage of that.

• AsdHighLander
    Original poster 3 posts

@lie-nus Thanks for your reply. About the single fire i didn't know about cheaters, but I disagree with their removal.Could you remove the use of macros and reactivate the full use of weapons? it was fun...
    Some weapons such as single-shot CAV's were faster because the car has a latency time before the hit, while some weapons without burst or single-shot are unusable due to their strong recoil! For example, ELA's weapons were strong in burst or single-shot, while with the automatic it is unmanageable.
    The damage (handicap) is important because if you think about it, when you hit the opponent he doesn't lose his aim one bit, hitting you without problems even if he shoots afterwards.
    In reality, if you are hit you should at least get a little stunned during the bursts of bullets. For the rest I have read that the flash bombs are improving.

• Slyrr7
    120 posts

@asdhighlander Yeah, eliminating the cheating would be better than eliminating game features being exploited by cheaters. But we've been pressing UBI to fix the cheating since Day 1, so far to no avail. All they ever do is promise that they're working on 'something big' that never materializes, and telling the people at BattlEye to fiddle with their knobs occasionally.

• Lie-nus
    130 posts

@asdhighlander

Could you remove the use of macros and reactivate the full use of weapons?

Hard maybe, it might have been theoretically possible to make single shot slower than the fully automatic fire effectively removing any benefit of cheating, but since I'm not on the dev team, it's extremely hard to speculate if it was possible. Theory #2 of mine still applies.

The damage (handicap) is important because if you think about it, when you hit the opponent he doesn't lose his aim one bit, hitting you without problems even if he shoots afterwards.
    In reality, if you are hit you should at least get a little stunned during the bursts of bullets.

There are 3 C's of game development: character, camera, and control. Remove those elements from the player, and it detracts from the experience. Removing a little bit of aiming control in a heated gunfight? Probably not fun for neither your opponent nor you.

And yes, flashes are greatly improved now.

• Lie-nus
    130 posts

@slyrr7 There's a 90% chance you blocked me, but the cheating going on here can occur at hardware level, especially Strike Packs on console. I bet I can prototype an auto clicker board in an afternoon (or more realistically fail and pay someone on Fivrr to do it for me) and BE will never know about it. That's the level of cheating happening here.

Being free from cheaters is never a guarantee unless you are Riot and install a Trojan horse on your customers' systems as a feature.

Suggested Topics