ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• rickidoo2010
    Original poster 127 posts

To me, a FC game is about immersion. Immersion in the story, in the open world environment and in the combat. In the run up to game release and since release, we have heard a lot about the story from UBI, the Yara world and in weapon customization. Even about all the effort that went into the music. These are indeed areas that FC 6 excels at.

But when it comes to the main reason all of us play FC games, that actual combat, this was hardly mentioned other than the "resolver" stuff and customization, which was drilled into the public over and over.

The actual combat in "Action Mode" is way too easy. Between both you and the enemies being bullet sponges, far too often it simply lacks challenge. Even when the special forces show up.

You know what I think happened? I think they tried to have a self leveling system which would automatically ramp things up if the player was good. But it's just not tuned right. It's not working well.

Was combat done right anywhere in the game? There was one place where it was... and in retrospect it was obvious a lot of time and effort when into this: the battle to destroy the two ships at the end of the tutorial island. When I did that mission (and have done it several times now) - EVERYTHING was so spectacular - down to the rising crescendo of the music. I came out of that thinking "My God, this is going to be the best FC experience of them all - and maybe the best gaming experience of my life!". And then....

plop. Bullet sponges and uninspired combat for the rest.

Don't get me wrong - I want to love this game and i am hoping either by patch or mod it can be brought to its full potential.

I am just thinking that the UBI team put all the effort into story and open world, and appeasing the 14 year olds who like arcade combat and crazy weapons like surpremos but just did not take a swing at total greatness for this game. In the case of FC 6, 2 out of 3 *is* bad.

This is 2021, and by this year, we should have the option in preferences to give veteran players the challenge we hoped we were getting.

I like the game. But I don't love it.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Hexagon12
    34 posts

@rickidoo2010 Totally agree. I won't bother replaying this whereas I do all the others from the original to New Dawn. The sandbox and the variety of terrain was great, the storyline ok but not great, the characters mainly unlikable, unlikely and lame apart from the one's who got killed off (Jonron and El Tigre). The writers tried to hit too many woke boxes with the two rap dropkicks and their fat lemon of a side kick and the crappy roller dog amigo - they are the one's who should have been killed off as they wouldn't last a minute in a real life conflict.

The bandidos ops were ok, as were the special ops but not great enough to replay, and while I had high hopes for the Vaas Insanity pack I found the lack of ability to save and the rogue-like gameplay very annoying and frustrating given I haven't got 20 hours straight available to play. The less than subtle joke of doing the same thing over and over again is a definition of insanity got lame pretty quick even if the concept of fleshing out Vaas was great. And I hated dropping into 3rd person in the camps, especially when trying to find letters etc. Its a FPS for crying out load - keep it that way.

All in all it is not really a great addition to what has been a fabulous franchise. I only hope the Pagan Min and Joseph Seed packs deliver a more entertaining experience.

• khirabahira1822
    1 posts

@rickidoo2010: (https://www.olansith.com/) No issue if you are disappointed with that then it's your own opinion, every one has its own taste and review...!!!

• Aazhyd
    71 posts

The game itself is OK, but it's a clear step back from previous episodes. Numerous things have been done worse than FC5. Most striking issues for me are the fact that leveling up is meaningless (no skill tree) and replayability is very limited.

Immersion is also an issue. In FC5, you were never safe. You could always be chased or bump into enemies. In FC6, in most area's you are totally safe. And the socalled special forces are gone in a wink. The times I fought them are few and far between. Whereas in FC5, you were often fighting them.

The idea of having red "non-safe" area's and the rest is safe is a failure. Having no skill tree and no meaningful upleveling is a failure. Combat is much easier than before. Plus: only 2 difficulties is really an insult to the player. Add to that the Insurgencies which are finished in an hour or so. Just plain bad.

Suggested Topics