ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 38 posts

I turned off most hud elements for my 2nd playthrough- including tag and enemy outlines- and was enjoying a surprizing rize of immersion compared to before- but the red wallhack outlines still appear on enemies?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• closedmouth
    49 posts

@borkaman87

its a dumb glitch Ubi added to the game a month ago and say they are "investigating" what is there to investigate? It's literally there and untoggable lmao. It hasn't been fixed yet because no one is bothered by it apparently so its a [censored] up ubi made thats low on their list of priorities to fix because as it appears no one is bothered by it other than a small number of users on their message board. Other than a few other people here I've seen post about it have actually gotten quite annoyed by it as well. I made a post on reddit about it and was told that "why would you want to play with it off" pretty hilarious. Speaks volumes about who plays these games unfortunately.

• Law-II
    160 posts

@closedmouth
    I for one am bothered by it, enough not to part with any more money for this or any other Ubisoft title now or in the future, they really dropped the ball with FC6 it's a mess.

• TheMercsOutfit
    2 posts

Hey everyone, I found a fix myself since the devs can't be bothered. Unfortunately it only works on PC, but it very quick and easy to do. Be sure to have your game closed before doing this: 

1) Open the Far Cry 6 folder in your My Games folder. You'll see the game's .ini file which stores all your settings like which graphics and HUD options you select.

2) Open the gameprofile.xml file. 

3) Look for the line "TaggingEnabled" and change it form "1" to "0".

4) Save the file and run your game. Profit. 

Here's my youtube video I made on the issue, i also posted the fix in the description and comment section. Please spread the word around. It is shameful and pathetic that the devs haven't put a literal few minutes into fixing this obvious and obnoxious issue. Game was near unplayable for me because of this, it just breaks the sense of immersion too much and looks too ridiculous.

*adding this text because of the stupid bots that think me posting this solution to multiple threads is spam because the message is the same. Why is everything about Ubisoft so annoying these days, even the forums don't work right. Company has really gone down hill since the good of days pre-AC Origins.

• closedmouth
    49 posts

@themercsoutfit

Thanks I remember seeing this before but unfortunately I'm on the xbox version

@law-ii

Same, I shouldve learned my lesson with WD Legion. I've never heard of a company adding new glitches to their game, and then threaten to ban you for wanting for them to hold themselves accountable. An "investigation" on something that is clearly happening and is their fault. Hilarious!

• Borkaman87
    Original poster 38 posts

@themercsoutfit oh great, big thanks! guess I should burn through FC5 abit sooner than I expected, again 🙂 I'm sure those couch crawlers are fine btw..

• DV20Katana
    181 posts

@Borkaman87 Its such a dumb feature, I really hope they fix it. Utter immersion killer.

@closedmouth That is really telling that you got that response "why would you want to play with it off", what a face palm moment geez. Those are the kind of gamers who love the hand-holding. FC7 will have glowing lines on the ground showing you the way to a waypoint which will have a giant arrow hovering over it.

@TheMercsOutfit Thats a great fix, I need to remember that one when I buy the complete edition on PC (playing on friends PS4 atm)

The easy way out of course is to just provide a comprehensive menu to kill the HUD and let people pick the elements they want. I hate the HUD in Ubi games but would like just one element - the compass. What is it with devs slacking when it comes to game menus?!

• closedmouth
    49 posts

@dv20katana

yes ive give up on them fixing it when a month later they're still "investigating" just playing better games and never giving ubi another dime.

Suggested Topics