ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• gregorpl123
    Original poster 3 posts

Hello,
    I hope that I found the right place (if not I'm sorry).
    So I really enjoyed Far Cry 5 Arcade map editor.
    I spent about 400 hours in total creating maps (that was fun!)

However there are many maps that I would love to improve but I can't do it.
    SO my question is can you add option ''edit'' existing map / or to ''delete'' existing map?
    (these options are available only for original creators of the map)

I don't want to upload the same 10-15 maps again...
    Please think about it, I'm sure it's not hard and it will help me and other creators a lot!
    Thank you

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2428 posts

Hey @gregorpl123 ,

Thanks for reaching out to us with this suggestion!

We'll be sure to pass it onto the team.

As Far Cry 5 has since concluded development, we can't make any guarantee that an update will be released to implement any further suggested changes to the game, but we appreciate players reaching out all the same as they're always good pointers for the team to note when moving forward too!

Mad work on your maps though, 400hrs is a lot of time, glad to see you're mad so much use of the tool!

And you know where we are if there's ever anything more we can help with!

Official Response
  • Steve64b
    88 posts

@gregorpl123 You can already delete your map: head into the Arcade mode, find your map, then REPORT it for DELETION.

Also, you can already update your own maps, only if you keep your local map copy on your PC when you update & republish it. Do not change the gamemode or mapname, as that will create a copy of the map instead.

You can download other people's maps, update them, then upload them to Arcade under your own creator name. But downloaded maps from Arcade will always result in a map copy, published separate from the original map. That's why you need to keep your created maps on your PC if you want to update them later on - Otherwise you'll have to download them first, which won't update your map but instead creates a copy of the map.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1479 posts

@steve64b Hello!

Thanks for swooping in here with some information on the map editor and functions to delete any maps.

This is a really informative post, we appreciate the help. @gregorpl123 If you could let us know if this has answered your question for you, that would be great! If you have any further questions please let us know.

Official Response
  • paprik995
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

@paprik995

Hey there.

I have deleted your post as it's off-topic and not related to the rest of the thread. If you don't mind please create a new thread regarding this in the general discussion section here. Thanks.

Official Response

Suggested Topics