ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JustinCase82
    Original poster 2 posts

Hej,
    I have a huge problem with my trade routes: if the target port is completely stacked with the transported good, the ship will just leave the good on the ship, go back to the original port and load more of this specific good into other slots - thus blocking them for other goods.
    This leads to my routes blocking up and not delivering what they should deliver and thus slowly driving me into bankruptcy if I don't do micro management all the time (e.g. dropping the good or adjusting the routes continuously).
    It would be great, if the good would only be loaded in the pre-determined slot and not any other slots (example below).
    Also, I find it really hard to adjust the correct load of the goods according to the consumption. Is it really just trial and error or does any statistic cover this? I mean, you can read the tons/min-statistic. But I can't see how many minutes it takes a ship to travel from one port to another or can I?
    Were these problems fixed in some update that I didn't receive? Hard to believe that the game has been out for more than two years and players still have to fiddle with this... it really drives me crazy.

Example:
    If I transport wood, bricks and steel in Slot 1, 2 and 3 on a frigate (3 slots) from port A to port B, then the following happens:
    Ship loads 50 wood in Port A and brings them to Port B. At some point, Port B is full with wood and cannot take in any more. So 50 wood in Slot 1 stay on the ship and travel back to Port A. Ship wants to load more wood and loads them in Slot 2, thus blocking this slot for bricks and/or steel. Now the ship can unload 43 wood in Port B. So 50 wood stay in Slot 1 and 7 wood stay in Slot 2. Ship goes to Port A and loads another 50 wood but no bricks and no steel. Arriving at Port B, it unloads 12 wood. So now it has 50 woods in Slot 1, 7 in Slot 2 and 38 in Slot 3 and will load no bricks and no steel but just drive around completely stacked with wood.
    This - of course - also happens with bread or sausages and thus leads to my people being unhappy and me going bankrupt.
    Easy solution/suggestion: every good will only be loaded in the pre-determined slot and if the slot is full, it will NOT be loaded into another slots.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Asterix201252
    379 posts

@justincase82
    Absolutely agree with you. I originally thought goods could only load in their pre-determined slots, but it certainly seems that this is not the case. As you say, sometimes it overflows into other holds. I think, but I'm not sure, that this tends to happen (maybe only happens) in a multi-drop scenario, but it really messes things up.

• Humility925
    92 posts

Yikes, I thought it's not supposedly add spot than you put in there in trading route settling, It's look like bug or something, if player set goods on that spot, not take over any spot as it's should be as design that way.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

Hi @JustinCase82

Thanks for this post, sorry to hear you're seeing cargo remain on the ship, and subsequently blocking other goods from being loaded.

Would you be able to let us know if you're using any mods at the moment? Some players have reported a similar issue in the past, and certain mods may interfere with how the ship is loaded.

If not, please let us know so that we can forward this onto the game team for a closer look.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • JustinCase82
    Original poster 2 posts

Hello @ubi-nacho

As far as I know, I have no mods running.

Automatic updates are enabled.
    The version is 12.1.1036020.
    OS is Windows 10 and all of this runs on an Acer Nitro 5, Ryzen 5800H with GeForce RTX 3070.

The game is being launched by Ubisoft Connect.

Happy to hear that this issue is not the common behaviour of the game 🙂
    Hopefully, we'll find a quick solution!

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1736 posts

@justincase82 Thanks for getting back in touch with this info.

Could you take a look at our PC troubleshooting article here and let us know if this helps at all? Most notable here would be verifying the game's files, to ensure nothing is missing or corrupt.

If the problem persists, we may need a clip of the cargo issue happening, to forward to the team. You can upload this clip to a video/file sharing site like YouTube or Google Drive, and post the link in your reply to share the video with us.

Thanks again!

Official Response
  • Asterix201252
    379 posts

@ubi-nacho

I just saw this happening again. I had a trade route in the Arctic, using a Cargo Ship, taking farming products from a production island back to King William Island. It also takes Sleeping Bags and Oil Lamps to the production island on the return journey. I set these to pick up at both ends, to maintain a fairly constant small supply at the production island and the bulk of stock at the main island. However, I made a mistake setting it up, and actually picked up Parkas at King William and Sleeping bags at the production island. As a result, the production island stores and the allocated ship's hold (hold 6) filled up with Parkas. What then happened, is that the ship started to pick up more Parkas, but loaded them into other holds (3 & 4). These holds were set to carry Feathers and Bear Skins. The problem is, of course, that the intended goods aren't taken to King William Island, so eventually Parkas and Sleeping Bags stop getting made and people get cold.

I have a save file for you. Unfortunately, chat is currently unavailable in my country. I will attach it to a ticket as soon as I can, probably tomorrow morning.

The only time I have seen this problem is when I use different trade items on the outward and return journey, and when the Trading Post at the destination is full. The only other times I have seen it was when I have a trade route configured as a double routing taking both Explorer and Technician products to Gas Islands on two journeys. I only do this right at the beginning of expanding the Arctic, before I get my 3rd Airship. I haven't seen this manifestation of the problem recently, because I usually only have small quantities of goods in stock at that stage of the game. By the time I gat large enough quantities to matter, I have re-configured my trade routes to separate Explorer and Technician goods.

• Asterix201252
    379 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3961 posts

Thanks for getting in touch with us with this @Asterix201252 !

I've deleted your case ID post for security reasons, but I've since pulled the save file and passed it to the team along with the rest of your report for investigation.

We'll let you know if we hear anything back!

Official Response

Suggested Topics