ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ryccell
    Original poster 4 posts

Hello, Yesterday I started to play the seige of paris DLC and I noticed that in some instances the mouths of the characters are closed while talking, I googled the issue and found that it was a common issue a while ago and that it was supposedly fixed... well I can confirm that at least on the Paris DLC it has not, and I tried reloading the game during one of them and the same part of the custcene Eivor kept her mouth closed, so it was not random. Playing it on PC

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• RietN7
    16 posts

@ryccell i started the paris dlc a few days ago, same for me. most of the cutscenes have no mouth movement.

• wrkncacnterK
    7 posts

@ryccell
    PS4 patch 1.4
    I got same problem as you.

• Ryccell
    Original poster 4 posts

@rietn7 oh crap at least im not the only one, I do hope Ubi acknowledge this issue because tbh it is irritating

• Ryccell
    Original poster 4 posts

@wrkncacnterk good to know that at least is not an isolated issue and it does affect other plataforms as well so ubisoft can acknowledge the problem and make the proper adjustments, hope get fixed it asap >:I

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1479 posts

Hello there everyone!

Sorry to hear that you're seeing issues with the lip syncing in AC Valhalla at the moment.

Could any affected players let us know the platform they are on, and confirm that the most recent save has been made available on the cloud? We'd like to pass this information on to the game team for further investigation. You can ensure your save is on the cloud by:

• Creating a manual save before ending your session.
    Wait a minute or two after the save animation has finished.
    • Open the Main menu and choose Quit to Title Screen.
    • Choose Load Game
    • Check if the save you just created has a cloud icon next to the play time.

Thank you.

Official Response
  • JediSlayer05
    14 posts

I noticed recently as I was playing Siege of Parris, that lips consistently do not move in cutscenes during dialogs. Happens with several lines of dialog and nearly every cutscene.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2313 posts

Hello @jedislayer05 thank you for bringing this to our attention.

Are there any particular NPC's whose lips do not move, or any particular cutscenes?

If you were to exit the game without saving and then enter that cutscene again, does the same exact thing happen again in the exact same way, to see if this happens in the same place each time?

If this occurs at certain cutscenes, every single time, I would recommend verifying your game files by following this guide, in case there are certain files missing or needing updating that may be causing this. Verifying files may fix this > https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000060529

Official Response
  • Ryccell
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-nacho Playing it on PC and yes the latest save it is saved on the cloud

• jandraelune
    126 posts

@ubi-milky Many cutscenes in Wraith of the Druids have this issue, Barid is one of the main victims here.

• JediSlayer05
    14 posts

@ubi-milky It's only parts of the dialog and its all main characters/NPCs, including Eivor. I have verified all files recently for a different issue but I will possibly try again.

• dennis.tsir
    15 posts

@ubi-milky I have the same issue and i play on PS 4 , i didn't notice anything at wrath of the druids but in siege of Paris it occurs often and at all characters .

It happened since the last update dropped because before i hadn't any issue of the this kind.

• ArchPrime
    1 posts

I am intermittently getting at the same time mouths closed and no voice sounds during cut scenes (even though there can be background sounds still playing).
    When then presented with options at end of a cut scene, I am completely in the dark with no idea of the story behind them, and if I want to proceed with the game at all, I have to make completely random choices.

This is true for cloud saved games
    Thus far I have only played the base game - DLC is loaded but not yet played.

I have tried verifying game files - no issues found.

Restarting game, same issue recurs in same place, but sometimes one character can suddenly start both moving lips and making corresponding speech sounds - but only seems to happen when the camera is pointed at that specific character's face, and possibly only when I also happen to click random mouse and/or keyboard buttons (Possibly coincidence from my limited testing - is not consistently true).

Other times exact same cut scene has no audible dialog or lip movement at all.

Specs:
    Assassins Creed Valhalla Version 1.4.0
    Running on PC
    Windows 11 Pro
    RTX 3080
    i9-10900K
    32GB ram

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3624 posts

Hi @jandraelune @JediSlayer05 @dennis-tsir @ArchPrime apologies for the late response.

I'm sorry to hear that you are all experiencing issues with Eivor and NPC's lips not moving during cutscenes.

I can confirm that the issue has been reported and the development team are investigating.

Next time you encounter this issue could you provide a video if possible. To do this you can upload the video to a vide sharing website then copy and paste the URL into this thread.

Can you also try what Ubi-milky suggested above, if you do encounter the issue quit the game after the cutscene and try loading a previous save and go through the cut scene again to see if the same thing happens with that particular cutscene. This will help us to identify if there are certain cutscenes that have this issue or if it happens randomly.

Official Response
  • dennis.tsir
    15 posts

@ubi-keo I have reload a previous save and went to the cutscene and occurs again

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3624 posts

@dennis-tsir Thanks for the update.

Could you please provide a video of the cutscene and I can forward this on to the development team to see if they are able to reproduce it.

Official Response

Suggested Topics