ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• voli1o
    Original poster 4 posts

After the seasonal event started the longboat disappeared when in England. It can be summoned, but it's invisible along with the crew. When summoned in port it's stuck and can't be moved even though player can take command. Regardless of the summoning position, the sail fold/unfold order does not work. When starting a raid - still possible with invisible longboat - crew does not join the fight. Problem persists in England, despite fast travel, sleeping, modifying the ship or progressing the game. It does not affect the ship in norway or the river raid boat.
    The problem concerns multiple save files. Reloading very old save made the longboat appear again, but it's always invisible on all newer ones.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3614 posts

Hi @voli1o apologies for the late response.

I am also sorry to hear that you have experienced issues with your long ship in-game.

Can you confirm if you are still experiencing this issue after the latest game update (1.4.1) that was recently released?

If you are could you please provide a video demonstrating the issue so that I can report it to the development team.

Official Response
  • voli1o
    Original poster 4 posts

@ubi-keo the problem still persists after the last update and with updated graphic drivers. What changed is that this time sail unfold option worked. You can check the video under the link: '>

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3614 posts

Hi @voli1o apologies for the late response and thanks for the video provided.

I have reported this issue to the development team to investigate.

Official Response
  • voli1o
    Original poster 4 posts

Can we expect an asnwer from development team any time soon? It's been almost a month and still no word. This is a game breaking bug and it still persists.

• Ubi-Peach
    Ubisoft Support Staff 208 posts

Hello @voli1o! The development team is still investigating this issue. I understand this is taking longer than expected and I apologize for the inconvenience.

Official Response
  • voli1o
    Original poster 4 posts

Another month passed without a single update. Is the development team even investigating the problem or did they just give up?

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Ubisoft Support Staff 878 posts

@voli1o Hey there, I am sorry for the frustration this issue has caused. Rest assured our teams are still actively investigating this problem.

As soon as there is an update, it will be posted here on our News & Announcements page, as well as the Assassin's Creed Twitter.

Official Response
  • MightyEagle02
    2 posts

I'm so glad that I found this discussion. I'm having the exact same problem. Longboat is invisible, and when I press "e" to take command I become invisible too and I'm unable to do anything but press "tab" or "esc" to fast travel or load a different save. On older save files the boat still shows. The thing is that this was my only save file of this playthrough in which I'm trying to get 100% completition with almost 100 hours of gameplay with fully completed 11 regions (including Asgard and Jotunheim) and every mastery challenge with gold medals. I really hope this can be fixed.
    (I'm sorry in advance if I butchered the English in my comment it's not my native language)

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

@dirkrenes02

Hey there

Thanks for reporting this to us.

This issue is under active investigation at the moment. We hope to have a resolution soon so please keep an eye on the forums for updates.

Official Response
  • MightyEagle02
    2 posts

I found a solution! It's a bit tricky, because I did it with my PS5, but it was pretty simple: I got AC Valhalla on the PS5 (it was a bundle, so it was basically for free). When I launched for the first time it told me my pc and playstation accounts were syncronised. I loaded the save file from my pc (the one I talked about in my previous post), and to my amazement the longship actually appeared. Then I turned off my PS5, and loaded the save file on my pc and it was fixed.

I know this isn't a great solution for other people like @voli1o, since you need to buy the game again, but this might be helpful to find a solution in a future update.

• Ubi-Mark.
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2140 posts

Hello @mightyeagle02,

Thank you for sharing this workaround with us!

I also checked with the development team and it seems that this issue should be already resolved with the latest version 1.5.1.

If you have any additional questions, please let us know!

Official Response

Suggested Topics