ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• erau_Hatsune
    Original poster 4 posts

I played Division 2 before. I love the UI, but I hate the grinding. So what can I expect from this game in terms of grinding?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@erau_hatsune I did pretty close to zero grinding, as I play Immersive Mode. So it's totally up to you.

Definitely way less than TD2, even if you want to play gear score and chase down everything. The gear score stuff is just basic colors and bonuses - no real "builds" that require much thought or strategy - just "how much stealth/accuracy/etc" bonus you want to go for. Most of the Blueprints are at fixed locations, so they're not random drops - the rest are tasks/missions, outside of Raid exclusives.

• erau_Hatsune
    Original poster 4 posts

@latenitedelight It has raid as well!? How many raids do I need to go through?

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@erau_hatsune One, and I would say it's not worth it - but that's your call.

It's a string of annoying machine fights, though as a Looter fan, you might be more ok with it. Harder part is getting 4 people together [and for me, dedicating a block of uninterrupted gaming time].

• stdape
    34 posts

They do not Wiggle their behinds lol. DV2 was OK but like most boring after so long, same as BP. but BP does have the option to how you want to play.

• Church367A
    147 posts

@erau_hatsune If you are wanting to hit the level cap of a gear score of 300 then it will require you to go through the raid several times or more. Whether or not you play the raid is entirely your prerogative. Another thing to keep in mind from what I have heard is that you can still gain gear score levels while playing in immersive mode and still eventually reach 250 gear score.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@church367a I did just that, beat the game in Immersive mode, and I popped over at almost 250. Just ran some Elite Faction missions in GS mode to top up my score and grab two weapons I liked.

Started the Raid twice, but never pushed through it to completion.

• erau_Hatsune
    Original poster 4 posts

Can you remove the gear score in immersive mode? I would probably do that.

• LateNiteDelight
    1040 posts

@erau_hatsune yeah, you never even need to turn on gear score unless you decide to try the Raid at some point.

• erau_Hatsune
    Original poster 4 posts

@latenitedelight Can I turn off gear score universally in multiplayer? Or it's limited to single player.

• Steven527
    389 posts

there is definitely grinding in this game - example - with the new skill mastery points it takes a few playthroughs of OM to get your mastery levels up. That is just one example. How much it affects you depends entirely how you approach the game.

• N3ngrana
    27 posts

Playing the game with gearscore is a grind. Playing with out, still has grindy elements. Not as many but there are a few.

In immersive mode your player levels from 1-100. Ive got close to 1000hrs and im lvl 88-90? but all those extra levels were just added so I lost a lot of "leveling" during my time pre OP Motherland.
    There are also classes which level from 1-20. Each has rewards like cosmetics, xp, weapons etc and those are a pain in the [censored]. Theyre not like challenges that would be logical in the ghost recon universe but challenges like run over 3 enemies then rocket another in 2 seconds, or kill with 3 different types of explosives within a few seconds and eat a baby and im like medic class... Point being, theyre dumb and some are rather difficult and completely break immersion and game play style.
    The real grind is when they created "immersive mode" they didnt balance the games economy so you have MUCH less resources to scrap for $ so you have to do way more work. I still, with all my hours, havent bought every item available (only vehicles left) and to date ive made over 3million "skell creds" in game currency.) Not that i really use more than like 3 different vehicles because its fun to explore and a lot really arent that good (sound/handling/weaponry/seating).

If you enjoyed wildlands, you will more than likely enjoy immersive mode. Its a fun game but does have its draw backs like most titles that claim to know what fans want and then give them what they dont....

• Church367A
    147 posts

@erau_hatsune At any point while playing you can change from having gearscore or turning it off at will with a simple load screen in between the change. Your settings are for you alone though, so when playing co-op you could theoretically be matched with a gear score 300 person playing on easy difficulty with enemies marked up so they can essentially run and gun at the same time someone else is playing on extreme difficulty, gearscore off, with injuries set to always and no markers wondering how they were thrown into the same matchmade game.

Suggested Topics