ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Church367A
    147 posts

As long as we're sharing news coverage of this ridiculous Ubi scam in the works I figured I'd add this vid I stumbled across.

• DarkDragoonKing
    13 posts

I think it's funny, how people are freaking out about sales.
    QUARTZ just started, and most want to keep the skin to use as aesthetics. They were free on a first come, first serve program.
    Let UBI be UBI, just enjoy the limited run skins.
    They might be useless now, but we are getting ready for the world of RP1.

• EN075
    281 posts

@darkdragoonking I think what is really aggravating the whole idea is that for all the things that need to be fixed, tweaked, revisited, reformatted... THIS is the thing they spit out? Community engagement is abysmal... so it's just another thing that contributes nothing to the aspect of Ubisoft games that needed to be improved-

I mean to your point yes- it's a "new thing" and the only two things gamers hate are change and the way things are... So there's going to be some pushback no matter what.

But what is this? Is this poor execution on a good idea? Good execution of a stupid idea? Poor execution of a stupid idea? Good execution on (what will eventually be) a good idea?

I've been clinically diagnosed with being an idiot so be patient with me- but how is ubisoft envisioning that this will generate engagement from the gamers much less make money off of it? Honest question. I don't get it.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1534 posts

Even at $120.00 for a digital toy is mind boggling. Well, at least for this mind it is. Man how easily people throw away 120.00 bucks

• H0BBS-
    15 posts

When the president of Ubisoft compares them to DLC & Loot Boxes, you know it's gonna be GREAT for gaming! 👎 👎

• Church367A
    147 posts

More great news about how wonderful the future of NFTs can be within gaming! This is such a pathetic joke... I miss the days companies tried to actually make great games.

• EN075
    281 posts

@church367a Yeah no kidding.

I was pleasantly surprised to see one of the developers who was quoted in one of the many articles that's come out on the subject... words to the effect: "I'm here to make entertaining games that people can enjoy, and this does not help me achieve that."

I understand there's a bottom line but if they returned to the core concept you mention here- making great games- instead of trying to pioneer integration of fads into poor games I'd be curious to see how much this deconfliction would help everyone from the gamer to the developer to the CEO to the shareholders win.

• BrotherO4
    8 posts

UBI wet Dream is NFT and looter shooter combine. If you dont see UBI end game here. oh man if it works... it's a money-making wet dream to no end. Game be damn let the money rain.
    the gameplan is very simple. do it once, do it twice, do it 3,4,5,6,7,8,9, how many time it takes... consumer will sooner or later bend/break into accepting it. than GG. it worked for every single thing. Pre order, DLC, microtransactions, skins, PTW, seasons passes, battle passes, and soon to be NFTs

• CanQuartzNFT
    59 posts
    UBI wet Dream is NFT

Samsung just announced NFT in Gaming TVs and Square Enix president knows people who 'play to have fun' dislike NFTs, but he wants them anyway 👿
    At least those NFT will probably work, meanwhile I'm waiting for my Ubisoft NFT whole year since 2021 👎
    @ubi_plush @ubi-froggard

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

With all the distaste for NFTs, I'd rather they just stuck to the individual game stores (like the ones on BP or FC6), Ubi Connect, or at least the PSN store and it's counterparts. If Ubisoft wants to keep trying out Quartz, let them. But there would most likely be more people using the aforementioned stores more often.

• IllyriusWarrior
    28 posts

I have commented in the previous page and expected it.
    I do daytrading as a passive revenue, yet I don't trade cryptos and never plan to because is speculative market and has to much volatility
    but I'm studying for quant finance, so I know few things.

The prices don't reflect market demand, and crypto trading it is a market that many avoid[ not the crypto itself], and I have said it before. The same concept without "quartz" was done in another way from Planetside 2, 8 years before, where Sony took a % on community creation [made with Player Studio] that made into market.

https://www.planetside2.com/news/be-a-creator-build-make-believe: (https://planetside2.com/news/be-a-creator-build-make-believe)

UBI won't make significant sales until prices are stabilized to be acceptable because in the end of the day is a digital product in a game and people won't make a purchase unless the product is appealing enough that justifies it or decent creativity and time went, on top keeping in mind crypto market is not exactly a gamers niche and the volatility of crypto markets in general is not exactly known to keep people interested in long run let alone to attract common gamers that have limited budgets, and keeping in mind what is the economy right now, so the "Quartz" direction is not the best of call for myriad of things despite that everyone wants a part of the crypto pie trend...

• Killorio
    196 posts

Just call Ubisoft Quartz a FAILURE already and make its 3 items available to sell at in-game store of Ghost Recon Breakpoint!

• CanQuartzNFT
    59 posts
    Just call Ubisoft Quartz a FAILURE already and make its 3 items available to sell at in-game store of Ghost Recon Breakpoint!

@ubi_plush @ubi-froggard Too soon, my Ubisoft Case about missing Quartz NFT since December 12 need MOAR TIME, they keep asking about screenshots I already sent (26 SCREENSHOTS), so maybe another 6-12 months?

• Merykh
    4 posts

Welp, I was on the fence about buying another Ubisoft product, but that crap show that is FarCry 6 and this Quartz nonsense has sealed the deal for me. I'm out, Ubisoft. They're your IPs, so do what you wanna, but I'm not giving you anymore of my $$$.

• Steven527
    400 posts

backlash on crypto and blockchain is escalating. Maybe Matt Damon will figure out he shouldn't be doing ads for it. @Ice-Quinn can you talk to him about being more socially responsible?

Wikipedia Faces Pressure to Stop Accepting Crypto Donations on Environmental Grounds (coindesk.com): (https://www.coindesk.com/business/2022/01/12/wikipedia-faces-pressure-to-stop-accepting-crypto-donations-on-environmental-grounds/)

• Lolt6
    86 posts

@steven527
    There will be always skeptics for NFT Crypto when comes into video gaming section, and wiki too (Not for digital art, I don't mind)
    Somehow, there gonna be land sales for NFT too (I did saw on news, and looks promising for them).
    In coming of years, people are gonna get used to it, and few are still hate it now until their existence (NFT Crypto on other things) is ceased to exist.

@killorio
    Friend, I think I get what you mean, but Ubi will intent to keep us using Quartz NFT as they have no interested for making a fanbase happy, let alone milking their cash cows to the death.
    Rn, they still keep doing it despite the backlash they have made.

• Lolt6
    86 posts

@steven527
    There will be always skeptics for NFT Crypto when comes into video gaming section, and wiki too (Not for digital art, I don't mind)
    Somehow, there gonna be land sales for NFT too (I did saw on news, and looks promising for them).
    In coming of years, people are gonna get used to it, and few are still hate it now until their existence (NFT Crypto on other things) is ceased to exist.

@killorio
    Friend, I think I get what you mean, but Ubi will intent to keep us using Quartz NFT as they have no interested for making a fanbase happy, let alone milking their cash cows to the death.
    Rn, they still keep doing it despite the backlash they have made.

• Steven527
    400 posts

@lolt6 there will always be skeptics because it is environmentally insane and a scam.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    1534 posts
    I miss the days companies tried to actually make great games.

I believe that we all do. Well, most of Us, I don't want to speak for the Lemmings.

But I also feel that WE, not them, WE have lowered the bar to the point where now THEY dictate what we want. How, well, it is my personal opinion that we do this when we give them a pass for mediocre, when we say, well, it is only this much (each one of us has their own ceiling), I spend this much on a bad movie or night so spending it for so many hours of agony, annoyance and some fun is justifiable. Also when we purchase half churn games at full price, mediocre and/or broken garments for 10 dollars or more when a whole game is 60?

All those things have help them figure out that we don't really want a good, grounded and proper shooter. No, what we want is mediocre crap tagging along mediocre garments and a whole lot of exploring crap to come along with.

I could be wrong of course.

• CanQuartzNFT
    59 posts
    Also when we purchase half churn games at full price, mediocre and/or broken garments for 10 dollars or more when a whole game is 60?

Quartz NFTs are already selling for more than 60 on NFT marketplaces, meanwhile I still cannot use my Quartz NFT in Breakpoint, WEEKS after drop, because of Ubisoft bugs make them "Special Edition: Invisible" 👻 @ubi_plush @ubi-froggard

Suggested Topics