ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Ubi-Heruhoss
    Community Manager Original poster 70 posts

Hi Ghosts,

If you are interested in sharing your thoughts and discussing Quartz being added into Ghost Recon Breakpoint, this is the right place for you!

If you don't know what is Quartz check our dedicated article.

Be sure to respect our forum rules before posting any messages, and if you have questions, be sure to first check our FAQs.

Official Response
  • Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

As the dedicated article link doesn't work at the moment: https://www.polygon.com/22822364/nft-video-games-ubisoft-ghost-recon-breakpoint-free

TL;DR - this is Ubi's copy of steam trading, only for in-game items (including weapons) with serial numbers attached. Artificial scarcity is also enforced to justify jumping on the NFT bandwagon.

Kinda sad that Ghost Recon has become the experimental vehicle for this.

[edit] and in case you weren't aware, the NFT hype is a money laundering scheme:

• CaptainCarmit
    22 posts

So your now bringing out limited items and that are only available for some regions. You really don't like most of your fan base. This is a really hard fall from wildlands.

• H3llKnightX88
    1 posts

Just when you think Ubisoft would stop defecating on the corpse of this franchise.

• CaptainCarmit
    22 posts

@h3llknightx88

I doubt they will stop, look what they did with frontline

• N3ngrana
    27 posts

@ubi-heruhoss So it just sounds like these NFTs are "less harmful" which is still "harmful" to the environment. So would it be even LESS HARMFUL to not make them NFTs!?
    See, we are already on another breakpoint royal trip not even a few months after breakpoint hyper ultimate royal was announced. Who is telling you guys that ppl, or better yet, FANS want this?
    Im never gonna buy an NFT for a game from you or any other DEV/publisher and I will ask my fellow gamers to boycott these NFTs as well.

• This is not making your game better
    • This is not adding playable content to your game
    • This is not extending the life of your game (which who is going to purchase nfts for a game in a stale state? one great update hasnt fixed the games rep or longevity.)
    • This is not solving bug issues
    • This is not what "FANS WANT"
    • This will not make me play or want to play more.
    • This is only for the $$$ and + its harmful to our environment, in a game that features a beautiful environment.....

Do you guys need help? It seems like some people over there are reeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaalllly out of touch with their player base and humans in general.
    Im sorry, I know youre just posting this because you have to but I care, the community cares, everyone cares but the people at ubi making these decisions.

• robc7622
    1 posts

@dagrommit what is more this totally excludes all the console players. I play on PC PS and Xbox. they are only counting the "global hours played" on PC not the 2500 hours I have on console.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@robc7622 be happy you can't participate. They should NOT be encouraged to continue with this. It's leading to a day where people will enter bidding wars for certain hard-to-get gear or weapons. @N3ngrana has it exactly right.

• Church367A
    147 posts

I think it is an extremely poor decision and absolute garbage addition. Stop trying to milk people with limited time FOMO trash. Can we please just go back to the days of trying to make a quality game for the dedicated fanbase that has helped make you who you are today and follow that up with more quality DLC? Instead of mediocre half-baked and half-finished ideas chasing fads and fanbases that already have games in established markets, go back to what made you actually unique and give people a reason to buy your games beyond just general boredom from the norm.

• BrotherO4
    8 posts

there is nothing that needs to be said.
    UBI once again showing you that when you thought we couldn't go any lower... you can always find UBI just digging away.

• zMattyPower
    4 posts

@ubi-heruhoss The Ubisoft Quartz website doesn't work for some reason in Italy.

• firekeeper203
    17 posts

@ubi-heruhoss why the console players can’t get the limited edition as the pc players? I spent 3000 hours like everyone else on breakpoint.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

In anticipation of newly created NFT shill accounts posting in support of this stupidity, rockpapershotgun made some great points:

https://www.rockpapershotgun.com/ubisoft-are-launching-ghost-recon-breakpoint-nfts-later-this-week: (https://rockpapershotgun.com/ubisoft-are-launching-ghost-recon-breakpoint-nfts-later-this-week)

Does anyone actually desire the right to sell their Ghost Recon trousers outside of the game? Is any of this more fun or engaging, or is it just wringing money from investors and, more troublingly, the percentage of the playerbase susceptible to gambling? And in what way do NFTs magically allow for "interoperability", or make it easier than having items tied to existing Ubisoft accounts? Do NFTs somehow make textures and skins created to fit one 3D model suddenly map cleanly onto another - not to mention resolving issues around different code, engine, art style and more? Isn't the promise of "longer term" interoperability just a hook designed to reel in investors hoping that their deathmask might increase in value when one day it can also be used in Assassin's Creed?

In short, people should be boycotting this unless they want a future where in-game items are only available to the highest bidder. Do you really want other players farming the most desirable gear and selling it back to you?

• Steven527
    384 posts

first new NFT item will undoubtedly be a serial numbered belt with a rhinestone buckle.

• Entbuchselt
    1 posts

This seems like perhaps one of the worst ideas Ubisoft has come up with, and that has to say something. Too be honest they are just following the trend of greedy companies selling us perhaps one of the worst ideas the internet has come up with as some new must have technology, that really could have been implemented any other way that makes sense.

NFTs aren't some weird magic thing that will empower the player or make the game more fun just by being in the game. It is just another incentive for whales to put a stupid amount of money into something which frankly has not a single benefit to the community, and Ubisoft knows this for sure.
    Just another excuse by a company to shove microtransactions, or rather an even worse form of it, down our throats which really doesn't make the experience any better.

• Killorio
    130 posts

I think Ghost Recon is the Ubisoft franchise that suffered the most worst inclusions from the company: overbloated open world, GAAS, Always Online, Gear Score, Battle Royale, and now subjected to be guinea pig of NFT (The Division would be a far more suitable franchise for this... thing). Why are we still here, just to suffer?

• StarlancePanthr
    6 posts

@ubi-heruhoss Why is UK not included in the beta? Is a legal thing? I looked at the FAQs etc and no mention of why.. If it is not a Legal issue then why exclude alot of the Breakpoint playerbase?

• xcel30
    927 posts

@ubi-heruhoss I don't see any benefits for this system, as it just appears to be a worse marketplace made to explore a new market that the core idea of decentralization contradicts the fact that a big company is behind everything constantly fiddling the number, it's adding uncessary steps to do the same as in game marketplace already does better of being a straight option of players paying to get items instead of relying on a blockchain that presents more issues than benefits for this scenario (once again if everything is going to have ubisoft keeping an eye on then whats the point of decentralization?).

This is all i could write without going on about morality, scams and the other nasty stuff that you guys are pretending to not exist

• Flanker1Six
    228 posts
    @Church367A "I think it is an extremely poor decision and absolute garbage addition. Stop trying to milk people with limited time FOMO trash. Can we please just go back to the days of trying to make a quality game for the dedicated fanbase that has helped make you who you are today and follow that up with more quality DLC? Instead of mediocre half-baked and half-finished ideas chasing fads and fanbases that already have games in established markets, go back to what made you actually unique and give people a reason to buy your games beyond just general boredom from the norm."

What he said! 👎 to Quartz!

• Red2smok
    38 posts

Ubi ubi ubi

Sure I would love to trade items with other players, or even with my other toons

Creating new items just for this seems unnecessary, once again more chase the pretty baubles

Had implementation been ability to trade current in game items, ie my 300gs M4 for your 300gs 416
    most would of been good with it

ubi took a simple idea and completely overthought it, much like bp
    wildlands 2.0 was all that was needed, after 2 yrs finally we get OM. Which is how game should of released

K.I.S.S
    ubi needs to fully embrace that mantra

Suggested Topics