ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SinfulDanTheMan
    Original poster 63 posts

Hey guys, need help. So I have FC6 installed on an external SSD. Ubisoft Connect was giving me low storage space errors before updating, so I cleared up some space so I had 30GB free. According to Ubisoft, the PC update with HD textures is 12GB. Cool, I should be good to go.

So I click update, and now the update actually begins. Good, right? It goes for about 3 minutes then stops. Now it says there is not enough space again 🤨. I checked on my SSD and it says there's only 8GB left free space.

This doesn't make sense, has this happened to anyone else? How can the update be 12GB, and my free space go from 30GB to 8GB and then run out. Please help.

Also, I checked the FC6 download folder immediatly after clicking "Download" and it fills with a massive folder that is way more than the patch size///

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• NuclearBoyScout
    2 posts

@sinfuldantheman I have the exact same problem here. It allocates almost all of the free space (101 GB) except for 15,6 GB and then NOTHING happens.

• SinfulDanTheMan
    Original poster 63 posts

@nuclearboyscout thanks, at least i'm not the only one. this sucks because now I can't play the game. they need to say exactly what size the update really is so people can prepare. i wonder if this is a bug.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3351 posts

Hey there @sinfuldantheman , thanks for reaching out about this issue of running out of space to update Far Cry 6, despite the patch being much smaller than the space you'd cleared. Hello also to @NuclearBoyScout - I understand you've faced a similar issue. I'm sorry to hear about this, and I'll be happy to help.

Sometimes a patch needs more room than the eventual install size to install, but I'd be surprised if it was more than twice the size of the install. @SinfulDanTheMan , can you try verifying the game files for me? This should patch the game after checking for errors with it. Here's our guide describing how to do that.

Can you both send me across a screenshot of what you are seeing on Ubisoft Connect when trying to update? Even if it doesn't seem to show anything at all, please send a screenshot across showing what happens when you click update. Here's our guide for taking screenshots, just in case, and the resulting images can be uploaded here on the forum thread.

Thanks again for posting, and let me know if I can clarify the above directions.

Official Response
  • Jayzerinator
    2 posts

I have a 128 GB ssd dedicated specially for FarCry 6.  The latest update aparantly filled the SSD entirely, then discontinued the update and the game doesn't start any more. Ubisoft Connect suggests to ' download the game ' but there is no maintenance option to erase the update.  I tried updating again, but the updater just stops. 
    I am afraid if i uninstall I loose my game progress.  How do I get it working again? system specs requirements are 60GB  I have 128GB, yet, it breaks.  This is a very disappointing experience with my favourite game.

• Ubi-Dino
    Ubisoft Support Staff 105 posts

Heya @jayzerinator,

I'm sorry to hear your SSD was filled up after the latest update. Do you only have the base game, or do you have the season pass/expansion installed too?

Official Response

Suggested Topics