ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• UNSOLVED PC: Map is only showing where I have been during coop now, not where I have been playing single player.

0 Likes/7 Replies/42 Views
    Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello.
    So, I had this issue before todays patch, but when my buddy left the game, and I quit the game then re-launched the game, the map would show both my single player gameplay (on the map, where I had been during both single player and in coop gameplay), so it wasnt that big a deal because all I had to do was quit the game and start playing single player again, and the map would show where I have been during both single player and where I have been during coop gameplay.
    But, since todays patch, I ONLY see where I have been during coop gameplay only! No matter if I continue my gameplay in single player, or playing in coop.
    That means I have missed about 12 hours of opening spots, or large areas, on the map. Those areas are all dark now, and I have been there during single player gameplay.
    All I see that is opened up on the map is where I have played during coop sessions!
    Very disappointing, and I doubt there is any way to get those areas back now.
    Frustrating.

Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2161 posts

Hey there @dave3d07, I'm sorry to hear this and I completely understand the frustration caused here. Can you let me know if you were the host of the co-op sessions or was it your friend?

Have you tried restarting the game to see if that helps?

Additionally, could you please provide some screenshots demonstrating certain things which are now missing from your map? Let me know if you have any questions!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello UbiSupport.
    I am the Host.
    I have tried restarting the game, rebooting my PC and launching, nothing works. The single player areas still do not show up anymore. They are gray/blacked out. Although all the Cache/FND boxes that I got in those areas dont show up (they shouldnt, because I already got them).
    Screenshots? ALL of my areas on the map that were 'lit up' (meaning I had gone there before, discovered those parts) are now gray/blacked out, like I have never been there (discovered) before.
    My buddy I coop with has finished almost the entire game, and I am only level 9. Also, he has his game on Normal and my game is on Story mode. Again, I am the Host.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Thanks for clarifying that for us, @dave3d07 - that's most helpful.

You mentioned that the areas don't get explored even in single-player. Do you mean that, during the coop session, if you go to an area that shows it is unexplored, it doesn't mark it as explored on the map, even during that same single player session?

Or, do you mean that each time you return to single player after playing coop, the areas now once again show as unexplored, and you need to explore them again?

We've asked for screenshots because it'd be useful for helping our teams investigate this issue - so, for example, if the areas weren't marked as explored even when you tried to explore them, this would be useful to see in a screenshot. Here's our guide for taking screenshots, and the resulting images can be uploaded here in this forum thread.

Can you also be sure to try verifying the game files for me? This step will check for any file issues that might be causing the issue. Does that change the issue at all?

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps 🙂

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts
    Thanks for clarifying that for us, @dave3d07 - that's most helpful.

Or, do you mean that each time you return to single player after playing coop, the areas now once again show as unexplored, and you need to explore them again?

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps 🙂

Yes, that is what I mean.
    During coop gameplay, the areas get unmarked (not gray).
    But, when I go back (either right after my coop buddy leaves, or after shutting the game off and turning off the computer, when I play by myself, those areas are grayed out again, like I have never visited that place, ever.
    This happens on islands as well as the main body of the big map.

I was thinking it might be due to my buddy being so far ahead me in gameplay, and him opening up way more of the map, that when he joins me the game the engine thinks 'oh, we cant show any of this', and when he leaves, the game is still set at what I opened by playing by myself the very last time I played by myself. And, I mostly only ever play the game in coop, so its a big issue. I can go 3 weeks not playing the game, then we decide to play together coop, and when he leaves, my game map reverts back to 3 weeks ago. Very annoying.
    Pretty bad, as I have had to re-open areas that I have been to at least 3-5 times over, and they still show as gray out/not visited.
    😞

There 'may' be an issue because I have the full game + season pass + early game items pre-purchase, and he only has the regular game (no dlc at all) ? Probably not related, but something the devs may think about.

I hope the devs can figure out whats going on.
    Also, both of us have crashed at least 1 time playing together since the (November? Early December?) update, and we just quit playing tonight because his game (he joined me) hung in the background with music playing, but even though he closed UbiConnect the game itself did not shut down, and he had to shut his computer down to stop FC6 from running in the background.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2262 posts

Hey again @dave3d07 , thanks for coming back to me about this, and my apologies for the delay in responding to you.

As far as I can see, this issue of the map areas explored during coop not remaining explored when going back to single player has not otherwise been reported, so I'd like to let our dev teams know about that. Before I do so, can you answer the two questions below for me?

• Please see our troubleshooting guide, and in particular make sure you've used it to verify the game files. Does that improve the issue at all?
    • Does this happen regardless of who is hosting the game? For example, if you host the game with your friend connecting to you, do their explored map regions also get reset? I understand this may be difficult to test with your friend having already finished the game, so no worries if this is not feasible.

Let me know if I can clarify either of those questions!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello @UbiSupportStaff.
    I have already verified the game files a couple/few weeks ago and updated my video drivers to the latest last week, and did the list of what-not's in that article, and it does not matter.
    As for me connecting to him, I was hoping to play with him today, but he was not available, so I just played the Pagan dlc by myself. I have all 3 of my major camps, but I still have not finished even the 1st area yet (not the 1st island, but the 3 major areas/land) according to my buddy. So it may be next year until I actually finish the game at this pace, and I dont want my game to crash and maybe get corrupted until I finish the game, so yeah it may be a very long time until I connect to him (but, I think I DID connect to his game one time when he 1st got the game and was close to where I was at the time), maybe thats when all this started. I dont know. I game so infrequently, and I had the game pre-installed the day before it go released. 😞

Suggested Topics