ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello.
    When I set up my gameplay back when the game 1st came out, I turned Off Tobii Gaming.
    Now, it is turned On, but grayed out, but the sliders under Tobii Gaming go from grayed out to Yellow when I mouse over them, making me believe that Tobii Gaming is NOT turned off.
    I do not have Tobii. I do not have a Controller. I do not have VR.
    So, why did it turn from OFF to ON but grayed out (but still turns different colors when I mouse over the Tobii options) ?
    It SHOULD be turned OFF, like I had it since the day the game came out.
    Sigh.
    This 'could' be why I am getting micro-stutter since todays patch?
    Maybe.
    Thanks.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Hey @dave3d07 ,

Thank you for reaching out to us and reporting this!

To start, could you please try verifying the game's files? Just to ensure no local files are preventing the settings from working properly.

Should there be no change, if you could please capture some screenshots or a clip and share them here so we can take a look?

Thank you!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Hello.
    I got the updates, I verified the game files, and I still have Tobii set to On (and, even 'Controller' in multiple places is actually not only On, but I can set settings, they are not grayed out, and I have never, ever, ever had a controller on any of my computers, let alone my latest one that is running FC6). As of today, 12/31/2021 ( Happy New Year everyone!! ).

I have no idea how to upload the screenshots though?
    I am using a computer browser, and usually there is an Upload option somewhere, but I cant find it on this site.

(I have the save screenshots in .jpg format, but I dont use twitter,facebook, or any of the 'social' media, and a search through the @ubisoft forum and trying through UConnect doesnt show anything about uploading screenshots). THANKS! 🙂

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2246 posts

Hey @dave3d07 ,

For screenshots, you can upload them in the posting window, using the last icon above where you type your message.

Once we've got those screenshots, we'll be able to report this issue to our teams to investigate. As far as I can see, this hasn't otherwise been reported, so I'm certainly keen to have this looked into!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

O M G am I dumb! (really, I am old and blind and colorblind, lol, and in Dark Mode it just looks all gray to me).
    Thank you. Very much.

And Yes I have a compatible Corsair product, No I dont have any MSI product (even Afterburner was only on my system while troubleshooting a graphics card issue long ago, then it was Uninstalled), and No I dont have a Controller (never have, never will). I Do have Colorblind mode on. No Tobii or any other tracking, no VR anything, and no bluetooth anything..
    🙂

Here are the shots:

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2385 posts

Thanks for getting back to us @dave3d07 and sharing those images, appreciate it and sorry for our delay!

Something further I'd like to check is the config file.

If you could please go to \Documents \My Games \Far Cry 6 and delete the gamerprofile.xml file?

This file basically contains your in-game settings ( so some may need to be reset when you next launch the game) however deleting it and allowing the game to recreate the file when you next launch it will help ensure nothing in this file is forcing the Tobii settings.

Please let us know how you get on!

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

So, does that file contain my KeyBinding settings also?
    If so, no way am I going to delete it and spend upwards of 3 hours trying to re-create them so I have the exact same bindings again, when I could be playing.
    If not, then I will try it.
    But, I know the Tobii is connected to the Controller (which I dont have, never have. KB/M only here) and unless the devs can make the Controller totally OFF, instead of half on half off (Auto-Aim, Snap to Target, etc), this will not solve the issue.
    😞

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3635 posts

Hi @dave3d07 apologies for the late response.

If you deleted the gamerprofile.xml file then I'm afraid that it would reset all of your settings. It is very strange that this option is toggled on but then is greyed out.

I am unsure if this will be having any impact on the micro stuttering that you mentioned.

I would recommend going through the PC troubleshooting if you haven't already done so to see if that helps in anyway with the micro stuttering.

For the issue with the Tobii Gaming settings, I can create a support case for you to gather your system files and then we can report this to the development team to investigate. Would you like me to do this for you?

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Sure, but I just finished the game earlier today, so probably wont be playing it again, except for the next/last dlc.
    Thanks.

• Ubi-Nacho
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1479 posts

@dave3d07 Thanks for getting in touch to let us know!

Should you wish to continue any troubleshooting when you pick the game back up again, please be in touch. We'll be happy to help.

Official Response
  • Dave3d07
    Original poster 76 posts

Yeah, some help.
    Just the same questions over and over again.
    After I play the last dlc, I am deleting the game and never coming back to it.
    Fix the user issues before your laundry list of what AMD wants, or what egs wants.
    NOT buying your next game (this from a LONG time supporter of both Ubi games and Uplay), Take both AMD's and egs' money and run, huh? Try going back to being a good dev studio again w/o taking anybody elses money, and make another good, quality, PC game, like the last 2 Ghost Recon's (Wildlands and Breakpoint), and Farcry's all the way up to 5, and stop taking money and making promises to do what the money men ask, and decide for yourselves again. IE: Go back to making fun, playable "PC" game again, for PC users (ALL of then, not just your target demographic console kiddies who play on PC with controllers).
    When you do that, I will be back. Otherwise, goodbye Ubisoft.

Oh, and the answer is yes, it still does it after the patch, and it will continue to do it no matter how many times you reply. And no, I am done wasting my time both with the videogame and the tennis game you people are playing on these forums.

Suggested Topics