ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AKIRIK30
    Original poster 1 posts

Hello,

can anybody help me after the last update far cry 6 wont start it shows black screen and then a message appears a game crashes report

any suggestions?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there,

As there have been a couple of Title Updates since TU3, and we haven't had any new reports within this thread for some time now, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved" and locking it.

If you are encountering trouble with crashes whilst playing Far Cry 6, I recommend that you check out the following Megathreads:

If you feel neither of these Megathreads match the issue you're encountering, please can you create a new thread? This will allow the team to investigate your issue further.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • lolffgiu
    2 posts

Everything except black market was working fine before the december 7th update, now my game crashes on the blackscreen. Tried verifying files, reinstalling, and disabling overlay. Just breaking the game every patch.....

• Totti1407
    1 posts

sobald ich auf spiel fortsetzen drucke kommt kurz ein Ladebildschirm und dann stürzt das spiel ab.

• RaithVizla
    1 posts

@akirik30 I have the exact same problem but I don't know if it was updated today since I turned on my system and was doing other things. I was playing it fine last night. I tried verifying all files, same crash report screen after it tries to load. I'm trying to re-install the game now. Ugh

• ScrubLord1008
    2 posts

@ntzimba Same here after DLC update. Whenever I hit play the game crashes.

• DaffyRoth
    10 posts

So after deleting other games to make 100gigs worth of space for a 12 gig dl......the game crashes on startup after the 1.06 update. Been running fine up till now. I even updated my graphics card (2080ti) to the most recent driver. Yes I reinstalled the game. Yes I verified Files. No I will not re install windows. Here is my stuff....

-----------------
    System Information
    ------------------
    Time of this report: 12/7/2021, 19:13:05
    Machine name: DESKTOP-8D4NLVC
    Machine Id: {4C83D0D1-EE54-468E-A2EB-B2D287E67A99}
    Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 19042) (19041.vb_release.191206-1406)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: ASUS
    System Model: System Product Name
    BIOS: 3801 (type: UEFI)
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor       (24 CPUs), ~3.8GHz
    Memory: 32768MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 32680MB RAM
    Page File: 10473MB used, 47551MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
    DirectX Version: DirectX 12
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    Miracast: Available, no HDCP
    Microsoft Graphics Hybrid: Not Supported
    DirectX Database Version: 1.0.8
    DxDiag Version: 10.00.19041.0928 64bit Unicode

Something happened today. This patch.

• battlefrog89
    3 posts

Same here. Crashes on launch after Title Update 3.

Ubisoft, was there any QA on this update?

• sktok
    4 posts

@daffyroth Same here. Downloaded the new patch, and the game crashed whenever I ran it. The initial black "loading" page appeared (before all the warnings and credit rolls) then crashed.

Verified files and was told all good.

• DaffyRoth
    10 posts

@sktok Yep same here. Exact same issue. Like the only thing that changed was this patch.......

• battlefrog89
    3 posts

@raithvizla Any luck with re-install?

• DaffyRoth
    10 posts

@battlefrog89 Re installk does nothing

• alexanderwaz
    2 posts

Same issue - haven't played in a week, tried to tonight after the title update and it crashes at the "attempting to sync achievements with the cloud" step of the launch screen. POS QA testers should maybe backtest this stuff.

• garymills7399
    2 posts

@akirik30 Same here - just did update and now FC6 just crashes - real frustrating. How about it Ubisoft, what's going on?

• DaffyRoth
    10 posts

@garymills7399 I have a similar thread as well.

• garymills7399
    2 posts

My Far Cry 6 updated this morning and now just crashes every single time. And there appear to be quite a few with this problem.

• sktok
    4 posts

Just curious. Is everyone here using a Nvidia GPU? Mine's a RTX3070.

• Head_Native
    16 posts

Apparently Montana is fine this time of the year, so until Yara reappears after being sucked into a black hole at start up (yes have verified Far cry 6 files etc), I'll be chasing some cultists...

• revanmj
    1 posts

It seems they still haven't fixed issue from November patch/hot fix where game crashes if keyboard layout is not English. So, if you used workaround with replacing files from /bin folder with ones from /bin_plus folder (instead of chagning keyboard layout), you have to do it again since patch reverted them to default versions.

At least that's what fixed crash for me after latest patch.

• Anubis616
    6 posts

Same here.
    Mine was running fine on PC until this morning's update.
    Now, all my weapons and gear have flags on them, as if I haven't inspected them yet...and it doesn't change once I do inspect them.
    I'll get about 30 minutes in, and CTD without fail.

Imagine buying something in a shop, taking it home and enjoying it...and then the people from the shop coming into your home and breaking it.
    That's what it is like with this game. 😕

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2677 posts

Hey everyone, thanks so much for reaching out about this. I understand you are facing crashes since yesterday's update, and I'm really sorry to hear about this. I'd certainly like to help, and the first step will be to collect some information about how these crashes are manifesting for you guys, so we can try to narrow down what is causing the issue. With that in mind, can you answer the questions below for me? I understand many of you have already answered a few of them, but if you can follow the template below, that'll really help us out.

• Has this crash only started happening since the update yesterday, December 7th?
    • When does the game crash? Is it at the black loading screen? How long is it on that screen before the crash? If it's not crashing on the black loading screen, please be precise in your description of where and when the crash happens.
    • Is any error message shown? If so, what does it say? It'd be ideal to have a screenshot - here's our guide for taking screenshots.
    • Which troubleshooting steps have you tried? Here's our troubleshooting guide - please make sure you've verified your game files, and you've checked for updates to your GPU drivers and Windows install.
    • Please see this guide, which describes how to generate a Dxdiag file and an MsInfo file. These two files allow us to collect some further crash information, and some system specifications. Let me know once you've got those two files ready, and I'll open a support case on your account so you can upload them to us.

Let me know if I can clarify any of these questions and steps at all. Thanks so much for your help and your reports - it'll be really helpful for us to have this information to get to the bottom of the issue.

Official Response

Suggested Topics