ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Pappydada
    Original poster 34 posts

everything except resolver weapons in arsenal list in inventory has everything marked with 'new stuff' exclamation point marker, unable to clear.

another weird thing... under my list of assault rifles, i'm missing one called '[censored] you castillo' (i think), and when i go to mouseover it, the mouse lags.

this is unacceptable! or at least mildly irritating! jk, just another day, and as my old friend louisiana tom says, "[censored] happens, don't cha know."

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts
    Best Answer

Hello there!

I'm happy to reach out to you all with an update! The development team have deployed a hotfix today, December 15th 2021, to address a number of issues following the latest Title Updates. In this hotfix, a fix for the permanent "!" in the inventory menus was released:

Fixed an issue that caused the “New Item” icon to not disappear when hovering over a newly acquired item. 

If you are still encountering a permanent "New Item" icon when browsing the inventory menus following this hotfix, please don't hesitate to update us within this thread. When sharing a new report, please can you provide us with a video which shows the following:

• You have the latest update installed on your platform. You can check this in the top left-hand corner of the main game menu.
    • That the permanent "!" icon continues to persist.

I'd recommend uploading these videos to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread. We can then forward these to the developers for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Pat_956
    3 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • rizz768
    177 posts

@jkap13 Try checking the appearance skins/charms of the each affected item, this should remove the new item indicator.

As for the lag when hovering over weapons, I can confirm this is happening to me as well. I have more than a few unobtained weapons and it happens to all of them when hovering over them, but here's a quick clip of it in action, mind the small FPS counter in the corner, might have to full-screen the video.

• Kormac67
    1068 posts

Yes, same here. All items have a "!" in the arsenal.

• Sgt_Howl
    2 posts

As of today, all weapons and clothing in my inventory as flagged as "new." Nothing I can do changes the "new" status - including inspecting the weapon, using it, etc. Running on Xbox Series X. Any tips on how to resolve this? Thanks!

• rizz768
    177 posts

@sgt_howl I was able to get around this by looking at the items different appearance options, and both charms and color tints if it's a weapon.

• Sgt_Howl
    2 posts

@rizz768 Thank you - works for me, too.

A bit of an annoyance, Ubisoft!

• Pappydada
    Original poster 34 posts

@rizz768 good call. got 'em all cleared. many thanks! 🙂

• Dave3d07
    76 posts

Hello.
    After todays update, ALL of my Weapons (Under Arsenal) have an exclemation mark on them, that will not go away.

Things I have tried to get rid of them:

1. Rebooted my computer after doing the below things (2, 3, 4, 5).
    2. Moused over the weapons and Gear.
    3. Clicked on each Weapon and Gear (selected every weapon and every clothing/gear).
    4. Logged out to Main Menu, and restarted the game (trying 2 and 3 again).
    5. Quit the game and re-launched the game (trying 2 and 3 again).

Thank you.

• flybyme
    197 posts

@jkap13 You have to move your mouse over each item to remove the !. I did a few.

• KopfSmertZz
    86 posts

@jkap13 : I had the same. Seems that all weapon paintjobs were renewed somehow. Just select the weapon and checkout the new paintjobs. Repeat for every marked weapon and the exclamation marks will disappear

• Truehart1977
    15 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • azullFR
    2261 posts

@truehart1977
    hello,

here is a tip given by @rizz768 👍

I was able to get around this by looking at the items different appearance options, and both charms and color tints if it's a weapon.

there are 2 other topics about this issue :
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/123891/all-weapons-clothing-flagged-as-new/?lang=en-US
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/123921/arsenal-weapons-are-marked-with-permanent-following-tu3/?lang=en-US

hope this will help a little 🙂

• heyscot
    59 posts

Hello Community,

Be well!

Scot

• Dave3d07
    76 posts

Hmmmm.
    I posted this bug yesterday, but now it is gone?
    Anyway, I found the solution.

1st, you go into Arsenal, mouse click on supremo/weapon/gear, then mouse over (mouse hover) the item and click F (Inspect) (do NOT mouse click, or it wont work), then mouse click whatever is showing an ! , then just mouse over (mouse hover) the items.
    Do this for EVERY supremo/weapon/gear, and it will clear them out. New supremo/weapon/gear will also do this, but now you know how to get rid of them.
    Ubi Devs, please revert this to the mouse over (mouse hover) like it was before the patch yesterday. Should be an easy fix.

• cskiller86
    109 posts

@dave3d07 Yes, it seems that, every time you unlock a new item, you also have to clear the "new" status from its skin in the Appearance menu. Issue occurs with backpacks, weapons, gear etc.
    This also occurs if you find a unique weapon for example, you would have to clear the "new" status from the Appearance menu of the base weapon.

The same occurs whenever you unlock a charm. To clear it, you have to select a weapon, go to the Charms menu and hover over that new charm.
    Luckily, you only have to do this once per new charm.

This is super annoying and I'm sure it will be fixed in the next patch.

• Kormac67
    1068 posts

@cskiller86 I'm very not sure about this getting fixed in the next patch. It could be intended behavior stupid as it sounds.

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6041 posts

Hello there!

I've merged together a couple of similar threads about the permanent "!" shown in the inventory following the release of Title Update 3. I apologise if any ongoing discussion has been disrupted by this merge. Thanks for taking the time to share your reports with us, as well as including additional videos (thanks @rizz768 and @heyscot!).

The development team have been notified about this issue and are investigating further. I've now shared the reports that have been posted within this thread to assist with the ongoing investigation. If we require any additional information from you, we will reach out within this thread.

In the meantime, @rizz768 has found a workaround that should remove the "!" notification in your arsenal that you could give a try:

I was able to get around this by looking at the items different appearance options, and both charms and color tints if it's a weapon.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • heyscot
    59 posts

@ubi-borealis Is there a possibility--however remote--that if I submit enough bug videos that the development team will consider my hamster pet idea?

• Truehart1977
    15 posts

@flybyme im on ps5 and no matter what I do that ! does not vanish but hopefully they fix it

Suggested Topics