ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• namisme678
    Original poster 1 posts

I have been playing for 40 hours with no lag and stuttering issues and after 7 december update the game was broken

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• kendadj
    1 posts

@namisme678 Same here - no problems until 7th Dec update now get lag and stuttering after 10mins of play 😠

• ksl28
    6 posts

Add my name to that list!
    After i complete an mission, the game starts to lag massively - before that, its an 50/50 if the game lags when launching

• Mister-Deluxe
    18 posts

Add me to the list. I ran a benchmark (all settings on Ultra with vsync enabled) prior to the update and my FPS did not drop below 58. Now on the benchmark it drops to 11 in places. In-game I now get stuttering whenever I enter water and sometimes just randomly. It doesn't make sense that I have to enable vsync because of the tearing but I am getting stuttering.

On top of this I keep getting crashes. 3 so far today.

All of this is since TU3.

Specs:
    3080 Ti, 2X16G CorVen DDR5, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-F,  2TB M.2 PCIe4.

• Mister-Deluxe
    18 posts

Just put the FPS counter on and tried playing it again. FPS didn't drop below 60, I crouched and bam! Game crashes.

EDIT: Not sure if it is relevant but I have just crashed again at Codename: Guacharo . Game froze and then crashed.

• KWsuther
    3 posts

UPDATE:

I've possibly discovered a fix, but hoping some others can test and verify:

1. Go into the game menu
    2. Go to Options » Video » Quality
    3. Scroll to the bottom
    4. Set DXR Reflections to Disabled (If 'DXR Shadows' and 'FidelityFX CAS' are enabled, it's fine to leave them.)

So far, I've been able to play for 2 hours without a single instance of stutter / FPS dropping. 😀

Crossing my fingers this helps others too!

- - - - - -

Roughly the same issue here!

After the latest patch, I can start the game and play for about 5-8 minutes, and then the framerate drops to 10-20 FPS for no apparent reason, although it does seem to happen more after I open the game menu, access the weapons wheel, or visit a workbench.

~70 hours of game play, and until this last patch, the game has run near-flawlessly.

I've tried lowering my graphics settings, disabling advanced RTX-only features, completely removing & re-installing my graphics drivers, disabling background/startup programs and services, uninstalling the game and re-installing on a new SSD, and even blowing-out all of my system's heatsinks & fans.

The issue persists regardless, and Ubisoft's support so far hasn't been the least bit helpful.

PLEASE fix this Ubisoft! The game is absolutely unplayable because of this. 😥

Suggested Topics