ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Locked Solved [RESOLVED] [16 Nov, 2021] [PC] Crash or cannot start the game since Nov 16 hotfix, and problem persists after Dec 7 update | POST HERE

3 Likes/88 Replies/1958 Views
    IHATEFOOTBALL
    Original poster 9 posts

Anyone having the same problem following today's (Dec 7) fix?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Gizmo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2297 posts
    Best Answer

Hey everyone, as we have not received any further reports of these crashes persisting in quite a while we will now be locking this thread. If you are still experiencing issues with this, please don't hesitate to create a new thread so we can investigate this further.

Official Response
  • RaylonnGaming
    7 posts

am getting annoyed aswell rly for almost a month and nothing changed and they dont even seem to feel bad about it since they just "apologised". but why would they since they already have our money

• Smooth-M
    10 posts

@ihatefootball yess man, really thougt they fixxed it but no

• DangerTickles
    7 posts

The massive update that landed on Dec 7th did NOT fix this issue for me.

• Smooth-M
    10 posts

@dangertickles same for me

• Smooth-M
    10 posts

@ubi-thrupney fix youre game man i cant play this [censored] for over a month. getting tired of this bs

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2657 posts

Hey there @raylonngaming , thanks for your post. My apologies for the frustration while we looked into the issue - it was, as we'd announced, our top priority. I'm unclear from your post - can you clarify if you've installed the update and still faced the same issues? If so, please be sure to follow the linked troubleshooting I've recommended in my post, here, where I've said what to do next if the steps don't solve the issue. Thanks 🙂

Hey there @Smooth-M and @DangerTickles , thanks for reaching out. I'm sorry to hear today's update seems not to have solved the launching issue for you. Can you be sure to run through my recommended troubleshooting, in my post above? This is particularly important after an update, as it checks for issues that could have cropped up during the install. The post also says what to do next if the troubleshooting steps don't help - in that case, it'd be useful to have more information about what happens when you try to open the game. Please let me know if I can clarify my post at all!

Official Response
  • RaylonnGaming
    7 posts

@ubi-thrupney even after the update yes. everything is up to date and it still doesnt work the same crash. getting into the blackscreen with the loading icon in the bottom right and after a few sec it just crashes. dont know how many crash reports i already sent in. verified the game and even reinstalled it before but nothing works

• cms1320
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney still doesn't work and this is getting ridiculous. I've owned every far cry game going back to the first and have never been so disappointed. I think it's getting to that time where we all start demanding refunds if something isn't fixed.

• roberto020304
    9 posts

Such a disappointment again Ubisoft!

Your game just does not start! I spend hours already with your support channel!

Don't blame my system for it, fix it!

Every other software works fine on my PC also every other Ubisoft game!
    Shall I say it again: Every other software works fine on my PC also every other Ubisoft game!
    One more time: Every other software works fine on my PC also every other Ubisoft game!

So 1 + 1 = 2!!! not 3!!!!!!!!!

Put the hand in your own pocket and fix it please!

• Schother12
    72 posts

Oh my..this is just sad..
    I also tested it and..for a few seconds I actually thougt it's fixed as I got past the initial loading Window and the game started loading but then again..crash. So i'm afraid thanks for nothing.

Not that they made so many other bad decisions and this game is technically just so bad (compared to the great previous games) and so far didn't listen or seem to be willing to improve like for example the following simple things:

• 30 fps cap in cutscenes
    • Forced black bars in cutscenes
    • Forced chromatic aberration and Depth of Field
    • Blurry texture issues (potentially better after todays patch but I couldn't test yet as the game crashes)
    • Story seems to be not that great either (can't judge yet as I didn't play it much due to all the technical issues but heard from others)

I mean that they don't seem to care for these things is already more than sad..but if they don't even manage to make their game playable after 3 weeks..I don't know what to say anymore..

• friendlyfascist
    4 posts

@ubi-thrupney Troubleshooting steps completed, the problem is not resolved. What's worse, we the customers have deduced a logical root cause, being the content bundles you continue to sell. How can you be three weeks into an issue with the only solution you've provided is to play offline... for a game advertised to be able to play with friends.

• Smooth-M
    10 posts

@ubi-thrupney when i unistall the game and install it back i can play it 1 time, if i close the game en start it aigan it doesnt load the game after i press continue game. i tried all the workarrounds en verified files, nothing works.i can start a new game, do the benchmark en go in options. but when i want to continue my current save it blackscreens my back to my desktop. i think it has problems with loading specific things in the game. strop asking me for more info, i think the problem is clear just fix it now.

• lolffgiu
    2 posts

For me, updating the nvidia graphics driver, reinstalling, and changing windows keyboard layout to US 'fixed' the launch problem. I also have overlay disabled. Game loads in and I can play, but far cry store does not work. How did you manage to make the game even buggier and more unstable after an update that is supposed to fix the issues ubisoft...... Such a shame.

• SpreadThemLips
    6 posts

My game will not launch past the initial splash screen, ever since November.

Tried every fix on here and nothing seems to work. Paid £50 for a game I can't even play.

I9-11900K OC
    RTX 3080Ti
    64GB RAM

• RaylonnGaming
    7 posts

at this point the game is almost as long broken as it worked so i think it would be fair for them to take it off the market till it works properly and refund the poeple who cant even play it

• SpreadThemLips
    6 posts

Game won't load past inital splash screen, tried everything..

My post got merged into the megathread, had not answer or fix.

• br.73
    3 posts

The thing that did it for me: disabling the in-game overlay in Ubisoft Connect settings. After disabling this setting the game starts again. Tried it several times.
    And just to be sure: after enabling the in-game overlay, starting the game failed again.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2657 posts

Hey everyone. Since we've had our latest December 7th update, which included a fix for some of the crash issues players had reported, I've gone ahead and moved posts to a new thread where we can better understand the ongoing issues you are having. Sorry for any confusion caused, and let me know if there's any questions. I'll respond to each of the posts I've moved out into this new thread, below.

For reference, we've got another thread open for players who are experiencing crashes only since yesterday's update, which is here: [Dec 7, 21] Crash on launch following TU3

@raylonngaming Hey, thanks for responding - I really appreciate it! I understand you are facing a black screen after launch, which is a different issue to the splash screen issue faced by most players which we'd looked to solve with our update yesterday (but no less important for us to help with, of course). I see you've already been in touch with our support team and described your troubleshooting steps, which is great.

I've opened a new support ticket on your account, which you'll find by logging in here. Please see this support article, which describes how to generate a couple of system files that will be very useful for getting this looked at. Please use it to generate the two needed files (which contain crash and system information), upload them to the support ticket, and let me know once that's done. Let me know if you've any questions about this request at all, and thanks for your help.

@cms1320 Thanks very much for reaching out, and welcome to the forums. I really appreciate your post, and I'm sorry to hear you've ran into an issue. Can you confirm for me exactly what happens when you try to start up the game? What happens when it crashes? Can you tell me when this started happening? I'll then have a better idea of how best to help. Let me know if I can clarify those questions.

@roberto020304 Hey there, thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you are facing these issues. As I've asked cms1320 there, can you be specific about what is happening? How does the crash look, and when did that start happening?

Just to clarify, when we investigate a crash, we often find that the crash is only happening on specific systems, with particular configurations of hardware and software. This doesn't meant that we are blaming the crash on the system, by any means - rather, we're just ascertaining which situations the crash happens in, so that we can fix it in those situations. Let me know if I can clarify this point further.

@Schother12 Hey, thanks for reaching out. I really appreciate you being thorough with your description of the issue! I wasn't completely sure from your post - had you personally been having this issue since November 16th?

@friendlyfascist Thanks for your post - I understand you've faced crash issues, and I'm sorry to hear about this! From what you've said, it sounds like the crash you are having is the one we've discussed here in this thread, where loading screens in-game cause a crash - is that correct? I'll then be able to move your post to the appropriate thread and discuss it further.

Hey @Smooth-M , thanks for reaching out, and my apologies for this black screen issue you've noted. Can you tell me when this started happening?

@Outrageous_Noob Thanks very much for your post - I understand you've continued to have this issue with not being able to launch the game at all, since it gets stuck at the splash screen. Sorry about this! I'd really like to help. Can you make sure you've updated the game with yesterday's TU3 update? The easiest way to make sure is to verify the game files. If the splash screen issue persists after that step, please let me know, as I'd like to let our team know that this issue persists in that case. Let me know if I can clarify this request at all.

@br-73 and @lolffgiu - Thanks so much for reaching out with this workaround of switching off the overlay! I really appreciate it. Can you tell me what happens when starting the game fails to start? Is there an error message? And when did this issue start happening?

For everyone else, just to reiterate, this thread is for players who have had their game crashing or not starting up since November 16th. Please let me know if you are still having this issue even after the December 7th TU3 update, and please be specific about exactly what is happening:

• When does the game crash?
    • Is there an error message?
    • Have you followed the steps in our troubleshooting guide, particularly verifying the game files and checking for updates to your GPU drivers and Windows install?

If you are crashing, or the game isn't starting up, only since the December 7th TU3 update (and it was working fine before this), please post in this thread instead.

Let me know if there's any questions about the above request regarding threads at all!

Official Response
  • Schother12
    72 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Thanks for getting back..regarding your question, yes I did have the issue since the previous patch already.
    However after that patch the game didn't even start, meaning the little Window when starting the game was appearing and loading and then it just stopped at some point (the game didn't even start).

Now, I get past this little Window and i get the black screen with the loading icon only to crash after a few seconds.

Btw. I also sent some crash reports by uplay after this happened..not sure if they go anywhere but if yes you may collect these too.

Suggested Topics