ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• longjohn119
    Original poster 1103 posts

And it will roughly decrease the size of the base game by about 1/3 .... I can't remember ever seeing that before in a game. To decrease the size of the game by 33% there sure must have been a lot of code slop in there. No wonder bug fixing was so hard.

Hopefully it will be worth it, theoretically it should make the game more stable and efficient although as an EE I know there is often a large difference between Theory and Reality. I'll cross my fingers and hope for the best but I'll wait a couple of days after release for the server traffic to abate and I would HIGHLY RECOMMEND going to the C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\<User account code>\13504 folder and backing it up so you don't lose your game saves

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@longjohn119

for console users, those who can, I would also HIGHLY RECOMMEND saving your games datas on an USB stick before downloading 😉

(in my case, PS4, it will be a 23h00 download, no game and no internet for anybody else than this Ubi download, hope it worths it...)

• TheNorfolkian
    1290 posts

@azullfr It still blows my mind that Microsoft made a game console that could be a PC were it not for some software limitations. We XBox gamers still can’t save or extract game files. I’ll just have to cross my fingers that nothing bad happens if I uninstall and reload.

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@thenorfolkian
    Not even a kind of "cloud save" for Xbox users (to transfer games saves from one Xbox to another, a new one) ?

• TheNorfolkian
    1290 posts

@azullfr Oh, there are cloud saves, but only Ubisoft people can access them. That said, if one were to completely delete everything of Valhalla from the XBox hard drive, even the saves, then yes... a cloud save from the Ubisoft servers would provide a backup once the player logged back in with their account.

• S7igma957
    201 posts

See NP here

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@thenorfolkian
    thanks for this info 🙂

well, I wouldn't feel the Ubi cloud save as a 100% reliable one (seeing the "corrupted saves problems"),
    but it is stilll better than nothing, though it's impressive that a Windows based operating system doesn't allow this basics "game data saves"

in fact, the only way to save would be to make a bit/bit disc clone... not a friendly way to manage saves 😞

• longjohn119

@azullfr If you want ease of use and good cost to performance you go with a console

If you want flexibility, ability to Mod and the best ultimate performance you go with a PC

Both are valid choices as long as you understand the tradeoffs

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@longjohn119
    100 % agree 👍 🙂

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@longjohn119

I don;t think I could go back to consoles now, because I love the flexibility of mods and how they can change games into more of what I like.

• longjohn119
    @longjohn119

I don;t think I could go back to consoles now, because I love the flexibility of mods and how they can change games into more of what I like.

I'm with you there as anyone who has ever seen my YouTube channel knows. The last console I bought said N64 on it and in my opinion was the last game console that could exceed the PC (for a year or so). My biggest gripe about consoles is their ridiculous 7 year development cycle which holds back games on all platforms. The PS4 and Xbox One are still holding back games because nearly all new games are still developed for those obsolete old hardware and that affects both the new Gen consoles and PC as games like Cyberpunk 2077 and Valhalla prove. To make a game compatible with old obsolete hardware you have to make compromises especially to things like AI that can't be easily scaled like graphics

• azullFR
    2248 posts

a thing that scares me :
    seen in the French Ubi Support Forum by an Ubi member (translated) :

Game saves normally shouldn't not be impacted by the data restructuation.

... normally shouldn't not be impacted ... 😨 😨 😨

• SteveZ_Pun
    355 posts

@azullfr
    Hahaha, thought the same. I backup my saves since Ubisoft deleted one.
    I have no hope they fix many issues, maybe they add more.. and we can test again the game and report here.
    And our reward is to buy season pass 2

Still [censored] they need more then 6 month to make the Berzerker Items usable..no excuse or some refund
    Valhalla isnt better as cyberpunk

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@stevez_pun

and we can test again the game and report here.
    And our reward is to buy season pass 2

So true ! 😂

• corwyn7
    3 posts

@longjohn119 For me, just being able to use a mouse, even for AC games, is a big advantage.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@longjohn119

True, I think I remember something like that on the XB original, I think it was Hitman and it was made for ps2, when compared to something like Halo, people agreed that PS2 was 'holding back' the graphics. (I'm not a xb fanboy btw lol). So yeah, companies now are unlikely to make 2 different games because of 'budget' so they'll make it for the weakest and beef it up for the strongest (sort of).

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@stevez_pun

"And our reward is to buy season pass 2"

Has anything come out about the price of the March DLC or will there be a 2nd season pass?

I would have held off buying the game if I'd known about another DLC paid or not, because of the bugs it could add into the game (to pile on the other bugs already in the game).

Oh how I miss Odyssey lol, I have hundreds of hours on that game and I prbably only had 2 or 3 bugs that were not game breaking.

• longjohn119

@simplethumb I think it's going to cost the same as the first Season Pass or $39.99

I just hope they don't do something stupid like add NFTs to it .....

• azullFR
    2248 posts

@longjohn119

I already paid the game pass for a one-time-use DLC (WoD : see here, there and there) ... no way I pay more 😂
    + I won't have to document their new DLCs bugs... 😉

But I understand people who want more content 🙂

• katzenkrimis71
    230 posts

I don't think I could go back to consoles now, because I love the flexibility of mods and how they can change games into more of what I like.

===

You never will.

Last time I bought a console was in the late 1980's. I've been purchasing desktop PC's ever since. They are the cat's a$$ of gaming.

Little did I know at the time that gaming laptops and mobiles would eventually come into the picture, but even to this day I'd never purchase a gaming laptop for myself, or buy a tablet for mobile gaming.

If I want to try a mobile game I use Bluestacks. I recently bought a 5,000-dollar gaming laptop for my Pops, but I'd never buy one for myself. Laptops are much more powerful these days but still nowhere near as powerful as my desktop. And consoles are absolute garbage. They aren't even worth talking about. They belong in a landfill site. Or better yet, melted down.

I can't believe developers these days are even making console exclusive games.

MLB The Show, Horizon: Forbidden West, God of War: Ragnarök, NHL 22, etc...

Not that I'd ever buy those games, but it's pretty stupid catering to those machines. They singlehandedly ruined PC gaming. Something that mobile developers are now doing, too.

Suggested Topics