ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• azullFR
    2266 posts

@katzenkrimis71

can you realize that not everybody can afford 5,000$ just for hobbying gaming ? (nor even 1,000$)
    I'm not saying consoles are great, just that some people can afford only these and on second hand market.... and won't have access to plenty of interesting PC exclusive games, that's a choice (balancing budget/needs/hobby) 🙂

• S7igma957
    201 posts

Everyone should play! That's why consoles exists.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@longjohn119

I didn't know there would be a season 2 pass and I didn't see it/can't see now on their store front page https://store.ubi.com/uk/assassin-s-creed-valhalla-gold-edition/5e849e115cdf9a21c0b4e735.html . There was no way I could have known, without scouring every piece of news about the game lol.

Shame, I would have held off buying it if I'd have known.

Hopefully they won't touch NFT's with what happened with their embarrassing youtube advert, but it's the Suits in charge and I doubt they even now about that, and even if they do, they're so out of touch they'll still push ahead with it.

• longjohn119
    Original poster 1117 posts

@simplethumb Just keep expressing your displeasure with NFTs ..... But try to be diplomatic about it and don't go off on the Moderators or Devs that don't really have anything to do with it. Clearly this is an Upper Management problem and any criticism should be aimed at them and only them

This is not aimed at you personally but at everyone here ..... Just some advice based on experience with such things

• ArrakiSS
    5 posts

when will the update appear for download?

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@arrakiss I suppose in an hour.

• cap.cla
    97 posts

Hey,I've begun to download the new update without cancelling first my game.Will I have to do this thing after the download or will I be able to play soon after the update without problems?

• Nephr0n
    3 posts

Has anyone received the update on PS5 so far?

• azullFR
    2266 posts

@cap-cla
    you should make a manual save, then close your game, then make a safe copy of the manual save, then apply the update 🙂

• bielik01
    1746 posts

@azullfr my saves were unaffected 😄

• azullFR
    2266 posts

@bielik01

I just saw this on a your video 👍
    That's the first thing I looked at 😂
    Then....
    I saw the looadiiing tiiimeees ...... they added another snail in the update ? 😭

• cap.cla
    97 posts

Thanks for the answer.👍

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@longjohn119
    Agreed.

And no offence taken, I concur, that is why I mentioned 'Suits'. Probably, to a lot of the devs this game (and others) are a labour of love, and if they had their way they'd release it when it was ready, and had tons of extra touches (extra animations, secrets, etc (like how the Eagle Bearer would warm their hands when left idle at a camp fire for about 30 seconds)). I know higher ups are needed to 'rush' things along, (otherwise devs wouldn't want to release their 'child' (lol) until it was perfect lol) but we know these Suits only think about the profit. These NFT's are just the latest fad that they want to show the shareholders they're able to make profit from (without really knowing how to, as I think you might have mentioned).

• Kaldire
    44 posts

And our reward is to buy season pass 2"

sadly no
    I asked ubi about this

they plan so far, on 3 more dlcs AFTER this one
    none are included in any season pass or ultimate.
    also watch OUT

the new dlc is being done by the same lamer team that did ROGUE
    also there is no clue on how big the content is..
    note: oh wow i got dlc for AC Valhalla its called beowulf! cool
    no wait it was 5 min long and had no reward.. [censored]

etc

as for berserker gear idk what thats about ..works fine here.

• Kaldire
    44 posts

@longjohn119
    sad this

40$ for a dlc.. and 3 more to come?
    could be as short as 2 hrs or long as 100+
    for the price it better be 100+ hrs
    but we have no clue..
    DONT preorder this.. at all

by march hope the price drops due to content being disclosed as short as hell
    2-5 hrs of extra play ooo
    20 hrs to get all goodies..= 5$ dlc or free with ultimate.. but nooo

just wait for when xcloud takes all in and we dont have any passes.. just subscriptions
    ahh the days of no hardware "post hardware gaming" with "streaming data" no data on hds minus a few temp and meta/telemetry files
    weeee

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@kaldire

I'll be concerned if this DLC is £30 to £40 and not a (year 2) season pass. Because there's no way I'm paying that for one DLC if they also have more paid DLC's coming out later in the year.

For all we know they could have 3 DLC's like this one at the same price which could add up to £120/$120 and I don't trust Ubisoft saying they're 30 hours long when they could be filled with 'fluff', filler content.

• Kaldire
    44 posts

@simplethumb
    Get ready for no more season passes but subscriptions
    and yeah.. its bad to do this dlc after all this.
    Borderlands 3 did this also and dropped by half the players due to this..
    also destiny online did this too, and lost over half its players also

ubi doesnt seem to care

shrug.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@kaldire

I played Borderlands 2 and enjoyed it, when I saw how many DLC's/season passes BL3 had that put me right off it. I understand games need new content to keep people interested but that is not helping the loyalty with customers.

Same with Destiny 2, I bought Forsaken but just didn't wanna pay that high amount to keep up with the tiny amount of game content.

• TheNorfolkian
    1291 posts

@kaldire @Simplethumb If that is truly the case, then perhaps Ubisoft is testing the waters with this latest release as a means of seeing what players are willing to pay to keep a story going. Perhaps their upcoming AC Infinity is really about infinite profit, as they could start selling overpriced small ‘games’ that never end.

• Simplethumb
    139 posts

@thenorfolkian

That is a very good point, and I think you're right.

The thought I had ages ago about 'Games as a Service' (in connection to when it was announced for Dragon Age) was how that would not appeal to me (but I can't speak for everyone). To me at least, solo games are a lot different than MMO's. With MMo's I'll go back to it to play the new content usually because there's enough to keep me entertained with the game in the meantime (or in addition to that content). But for me single player games are ones where I want to play from start to finish, I wouldn't want to go back to it for content drops or new events. If I'm not in the mood to play it (because I'd hammered it with 100's of hours) then that content is something I'm gonna miss out on because I'm not gonna play a single player game for the whole year, I'm not gonna wanna go back to it every 2 months for small events etc for example. If said game does have missable events, then I feel that is something I'm not gonna wanna start playing because it's something I know I'll never see all the content for. It's not FOMO, it's more like, 'why put myself in that position'.

I'm not saying most will agree with my statement, but if enough do feel the same as I do, then maybe, hopefully it won't be profitable and games can just go back to being games again.

Suggested Topics