ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• sibourney
    Original poster 1 posts

The game is completely unplayable due to textures, shadows and bright lights non stop glitching across the display. I have updated my drivers several times over, uninstalled and reinstalled the game, verified it but nothing helps. In the Nvidia control panel I've turned off sharpening, which I read had caused flickering shadows for some other players. Also turned off/on vsync and depth of field. My pc is new and have no issues running any other games on high specs. I've tried a new monitor as well. Haven't managed to get help from customer support yet. So has anyone else had this happen and have you found any way around it?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• S7igma957
    173 posts

@sibourney Game runs normal. Problem in your software or hardware.

• geminixnet
    10 posts

I can confirm this is a bug in the game. The shadows are broken in the PC and PS5 versions. I've tested both the PS5 and PC builds. I noticed that after update 1.4.0 the shadows appeared very aliased. I have a post about it here as well. On my PC I'm running a Ryzen 5800x with a RTX 3080 ti.

• geminixnet
    10 posts

@s7igma957 I can confirm that this is not a problem with his hardware or software. Yes the game still plays normally it's not a game breaking bug. However since the latest update shadows are broken. They appear very aliased. However if you go into photo mode the shadows appear normal. I've confirmed that this happens also on the PlayStation 5. At first I thought it was my drivers as well and I rolled back my India drivers but after trying five different driver builds I finally booted up the game on my PS5 and confirmed it's broken there as well. It seems like every patch they end up breaking something.

• Reinersdt
    5 posts

I thought I'm the only one who notice this. The game's lighting and textures is flickering through out, it's annoying and it's also giving me a headache while playing. Have you notice anything with the fog textures as well? when look from a far, there are like horizontal lines?

• S7igma957
    173 posts

@geminixnet Not for me. I never encounter any heavy graphical bug.

• geminixnet
    10 posts

@reinersdt what's interesting is if you go into photo mode, the textures appear normal.

Suggested Topics