ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• virtuesof
    Original poster 2 posts

Hey, when i tried to redeem the game Anno 1404 (https://store.ubi.com/sea/anno-1404-history-edition/5e29c6565cdf9a03ec037ae7.html?lang=en_ID&free-offer=true) when the ubisoft store open the links that lead to ubisoft connect, the application just stuck on the "Initialization" screen.

there's this tidbit on the log : Couldn't find id launch protocol: uplay://launch/16232.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Viral
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2366 posts

@virtuesof Hey! Sorry to hear that you are encountering this issue with the Ubisoft Store. Are you doing this through the Ubisoft Connect application or directly on the website?

Official Response
  • virtuesof
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-viral Hi, im doing this via the website

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@virtuesof Can you see if you can attempt to claim Anno 1404 through the Ubisoft Connect launcher?

Official Response
  • SurrealSaDiabol
    1 posts

@ubi-spacecats same problem, launcher stuck at initialization, launcher log ends in

Couldn't find id launch protocol: uplay...

no trace of the claim-attempt visible in the account whatsoever 😞

• Mateking42
    1 posts

@surrealsadiabol

I have the same issue. I have tried reinstalling ubisoft connect, I have reset my network, I have also ticked run as administrator. Would be great if this was fixed before 3o'clock since the Anno deal is running out...

• Ubi-SpaceCats
    Community Representative 939 posts

@surrealsadiabol Sorry to hear that. Could you please uninstall and reinstall the launcher to see if this resolves the issue? If you need help, we have a guide here.

Official Response
  • Villeverneri
    1 posts

I have an issue that i have to write my password every time i launch farcry 5. I suppose that they give me free farcry 3 for excuse, cause they say that old games are the issue. I have played FC3 through so many times in my old computer that i am not going to even install it. Fix this it is not fun and playing should be fun.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2951 posts

Hello @villeverneri thanks for posting in our forum, but your issue seems to be another separate issue, that we are already aware of.

For some of our older titles, players will need to re-enter their passwords when launching your game. This is a security measure following an update to the client, in order to play some of our legacy games within the client.

Official Response

Suggested Topics