ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/279 Replies/11829 Views
    Alex_ShKID
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU) AMD FX-8300/RX 580 4gb
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? No
    • How long can you play for before experiencing FPS drop? 15 minutes - 1 hour Does anything seem to alleviate this (such navigating the menus or being in certain areas)? No. Watch a video
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this. Save uploaded to the cloud
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings? https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f_DYtjkfjHb8DaNI7r_hT7pKwbmUKzW0?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1f_DYtjkfjHb8DaNI7r_hT7pKwbmUKzW0?usp=sharing)
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the low FPS / Lag in-game? I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.
      8:15 Bug

• altenbach
    71 posts

@ubi-borealis

• FC6 Version 6.1.3.1
    • Ryzen1700x, 16GB, Radeon RX570, 4GB (3.78 out of 3.98 used, all drivers fully updated).
    • No HD textures (obviously!)
    • Time to slowdown is 5 to 15 minutes. Typically enough time to do a checkpoint and base. Special ops seem to slow down halfway through and are nearly impossible to finish at 5fps (doable, but no fun!). Before the update I was able to play for hours without slowdown. Even slow in the menus! Almost impossible to e.g. even mouse to the "quit to desktop" button without overshooting because cursor jumps by inches with pronounced pauses even if mouse is moved smoothly.
    • Save files are pointless because once I restart and reload, the good speed is back (40-50fps).
    • Resolution is1920x1080, quality=high. Simple! No exceptions. (once the slowdown happens, even lowering quality or resolution does not really help!)
    • No video. I have stored benchmarks before (40-50fps, 2591 frames rendered) and after slowdown (5-7fps, 336 frames rendered). Before the update, speed was slightly higher with 2744 frames rendered)
    • (For comparison: No slowdown ever in FC5 (63fps) or FC4(93fps) with similar settings)

• CinejuMisu
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?

Lenovo Legion 5
    CPU: AMD RYZEN 7 4800H
    GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Ti 4GB GDDR6
    RAM: 16GB
    Storage: SSD
    All drivers up to date.
    Windows 10 Pro (everything up to date)

• Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?

HD Texture Pack NOT installed.

• How long can you play for before experiencing FPS drop?

Mostly around 30 - 40 minutes, max 1 hour. There were times when FPS dropped even after 20 minutes.

• Does anything seem to alleviate this (such navigating the menus or being in certain areas)?

I haven't noticed anything specific that is causing this problem, FPS drop mostly after 40 minutes - 1 hour of gameplay regardless of what I am doing in the game.
    BUT there is one thing that I've noticed! There were A LOT OF TIMES when FPS dropped after one of the following situations:

• at the beginning of cutscenes (caused by starting a mission, or after capturing a roadblock and so on...)
    • after cutscenes, when starting a mission or any side quest or activity
    • when in a mission, after a cutscene or after a loading screen
    • when entering menus like map, arsenal, ride, collections or after exiting those menus (sometimes)
    • after fast travel (sometimes)
    • when entering the menu where you choose a helicopter you want to fly or a car you want to drive (sometimes)
    • accessing the benchmark (sometimes)
    • other alike situations when I guess the game has to load something.

This does not happen always. There were times when the game worked perfectly in any of the above situations and the problem occured random after 40 minute or 1 hour of gameplay.

The save file is uploaded to the cloud.

• Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?

Resolution: 1920x1080
    Graphics quality: ULTRA
    FidelityFX CAS: OFF
    Adaptive Resolution: OFF
    FidelityFX Super Resolution: OFF
    DXR Reflections: OFF
    DXR Shadows: OFF
    The game runs on ultra settings at an average of 50 - 53 FPS 1080p (GPU max temperature 60°C in full load, mostly 59°C). After the problem occurs the FPS drops at max 10 - 15 and the GPU locks at 100% usage until I restart the game. Restarting the game always fixes the problem for another 30 minutes of gameplay or sometimes even for less time. For me exiting to main menu does not fix the problem, I have to restart the game always.
    The problem occurs regardless of what graphics quality settings I choose to play with. Messed with all settings possible. The problem occurs sometimes even in menus. Even with the lowest graphic quality settings possible the problem still occurs so I'm sure it's not the hardware that is causing this problem.

• DAVINCHI616
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis

• CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 3200g
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4GB GDDR6
    • RAM: 16GB
    • Storage: HDD
    • All drivers are up to date.
    • Windows 10 Pro (everything up to date)
    • HD Texture Pack not installed.
    • When I started playing for the first time it set all my settings to low and suggest playing at 720p resolution because of my hardware and that doesn't make sense because I've seen so many videos were, they play at ultra-settings settings with the same rig as I have.  Also, the usage of VRAM is extremely high for having everything set to low. In those conditions, the game is unplayable for everyone and can’t enjoy the experience of such a great game.
    • Comparison october vs now

October
    spoiler
    Now (December 28 2021)
    spoiler
    Google drive video of settings
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/17y6g9P-DGMf66jE7A5T0LcITogVk0fZU/view?usp=sharing: (https://drive.google.com/file/d/17y6g9P-DGMf66jE7A5T0LcITogVk0fZU/view?usp=sharing)

• EduOrdonio
    18 posts

@mickharnas

Just do it!!

• DAVINCHI616
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • DAVINCHI616
    6 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding the low FPS / lag you have been experiencing after a few minutes of gameplay following the release of TU3. The development team have been notified about this issue, and we have forwarded the reports that have been provided so far within this thread so they can take a closer look at this. Thanks to @Alex_ShKID, @altenbach, @CinejuMisu & @DAVINCHI616 for providing these!

If you haven't already, please can you provide us with as much of the following information as possible? This information is helpful when investigating what could potentially be causing this issue further:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • How long can you play for before experiencing FPS drop? Does anything seem to alleviate this (such navigating the menus or being in certain areas)?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the low FPS / Lag in-game? I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

@altenbach - Thanks for providing us with more information. Would you be able to upload a copy of your save file to the Cloud for us? These can be helpful when investigating a variety of issues, including technical issues such as lag and freezing in-game.

@CinejuMisu - It looks like your save wasn't correctly uploaded to the Cloud. Would you be able to try uploading it again for us? We can then include this in your report to the development team.

@DAVINCHI616 - Would you be able to upload a copy of your save file to the Cloud as well for us? You can use the support article linked above if you need help in doing this. We can then add your save to your report to the development team for further investigation.

Additionally, it looks like your Google video link is set to private. Would you be able to set this to public so we can take a look at the video you've captured?

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • CinejuMisu
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis

Save uploaded to the Cloud again. 👍

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for uploading your save to the Cloud again for us, @CinejuMisu! I've now added this to your report to the development team. If we require any additional information from you, we'll reach out within this thread 🙂

Official Response
  • CinejuMisu
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis

Ok, thank you. Also added some pictures with the graphics quality setting.

• Ubi-Borealis

Thanks for those additional images as well, @CinejuMisu! I've now passed these along to the development team as well so they can take a closer look at them as part of your report 😊

Official Response
  • THE_KHARON
    8 posts

@Ubi-Borealis We are waiting to new patch come on guys ubisoft can do it we have a faith you guys will fix this issiues my best regards.

• altenbach
    71 posts

@ubi-borealis Current save file has been uploaded to the cloud ...

• altenbach
    71 posts

@ubi-borealis Benchmark before (left) and after (right) slowdown. (No change in settings: 1920x1080, high)

• DAVINCHI616
    6 posts

@ubi-borealis

• The copy of the file is already in the cloud and with the changes i made to the settings
    • Video link of the low FPS:

the drop of the fps starts in the minute 8:22.

• Here a video of some dude that have a very similar rig as me and run far cry 6 at october with the settings i use on the video:
  • DAVINCHI616
    6 posts
    • CPU: AMD RYZEN 3 3200g
    • GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1650 Super 4GB GDDR6
    • RAM: 16GB
    • Storage: HDD
    • All drivers are up to date.
    • Windows 10 Pro (everything up to date)
    • HD Texture Pack not installed.
    • When I started playing for the first time it set all my settings to low and suggest playing at 720p resolution because of my hardware and that doesn't make sense because I've seen so many videos were, they play at ultra-settings settings with the same rig as I have.  Also, the usage of VRAM is extremely high for having everything set to low. In those conditions, the game is unplayable for everyone and can’t enjoy the experience of such a great game.
    • The copy of the file is already in the cloud and with the changes i made to the settings
    • Video link of the low FPS:

the fps drop starts at minute 8:22.

• Here a video of some dude that have a very similar rig as me and run far cry 6 at october with the settings i use on the video:
    • Please fix it many people is having the same trouble and it's absolutely unplayable running the game at 10 or fewer fps, when before de patch made on december 8 game was running marvelous in ultra settings with a rig similar or better than i have. 

• Ubi-Gizmo
    2297 posts

Hey there @davinchi616, thanks for providing these videos. Could you please first go through this technical troubleshooting article for me ensuring you have completed all of the steps? These steps can help rule out many of the common causes for performance-related issues. 

It's also important to note that the recommended GPU to run the game on higher settings is an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080 (8 GB). As you're GPU doesn't meet these requirements, then it's not guaranteed that you will be able to run a 60 FPS constant framerate on the ULTRA settings.

Let me know if you have any questions!

• DAVINCHI616
    6 posts

@ubi-gizmo
    hello, i understand that my rig does not meet the required gpu and cpu but the issue im reporting is that after 8 muinutes of game there is a huge drop of fps every time i try to play (between 4-15 fps) as i show in the video attached in the previous comment, although I'm not the only one experimenting with this technical issues there are some posts in this same formuns abput the drpo of fps after some minutes.Also, I wanted to show that even if i put all the settings in low at 1080p the VRAM usage still too high more than 4GB of VRAM and that wasn't that way a month ago in the second video attached to the previous comment where the usage of VRAM is not higher than 4 GB even when all the setting are set to ultra with a rig that has the same GPU as mine. 
    Thanks

• DrWest644
    15 posts

Rx-570
    FX-8350
    16 GB DDR3
    Plays fine Ultra settings... then, Fast Travel...Cutscene...Settings menu...Map...All these can cause framerate to drop from 50/60 to 10/15...
    No logic or pattern to it...It can happen any time...Total game destroyer!

Suggested Topics