ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/279 Replies/10722 Views
    FerociousRhyme9
    18 posts

@drwest644 I had the same issue, but with the latest patch I don't have it and can play finally. I am now worried that the next patch will break it again. Maybe there is a glitch, but I was trying to double click on FC6 icon and play it and had those issues. Now I run uplay as admin and then go to games and press play from there and I have 0 issues now. Worth a try though 🙂

• Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there!

Thank you for continuing to update this thread with your reports regarding the low FPS / lag you have experienced following the release of Title Update 3. We have notified the development team of this issue, and have forwarded all of the reports shared with us within this thread so they can take a closer look at these. We don't yet have any updates to share from the development team at this time, including any ETAs for a resolution. Rest assured that once we have more details available, we will let you know within this thread.

If you haven't already, please can you provide us with as much of the following information as possible? This information is helpful when investigating what could potentially be causing this issue further:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • How long can you play for before experiencing FPS drop? Does anything seem to alleviate this (such navigating the menus or being in certain areas)?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the low FPS / Lag in-game? I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

@THE_KHARON - Would you be able to provide us with the information requested above? We can then include your report in the ongoing investigation.

@altenbach - Thanks for uploading your save file to the Cloud for us, as well as including images of your benchmark! I've now added these to your report to the development team.

@DAVINCHI616 - Thanks for providing a video of the FPS drop you've been experiencing, and for uploading a copy of your save to the Cloud as well. I've now added these to your report to the development team.

@DrWest644 - Thanks for taking the time to share your report with us. Would you be able to provide us with the following information as well:

• Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud? This support article can show you how to do this.
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the low FPS / Lag in-game? I'd recommend uploading this video to a sharing platform, such as YouTube or Google Drive, as this will allow you to post a shareable link within this thread.

We can the forward your report to the development team for a closer look.

@FerociousRhyme9 - Thank you for sharing your experience within this thread, and for letting us know how you were able to alleviate the FPS issues you were encountering. Running Ubisoft Connect with admin rights is a great troubleshooting step, as well as launching the game directly from the launcher.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response
  • Spinitboy
    1 posts

@jack_bauer-air

Same issue which i've had for a while even the latest update didn't fix. Same symptoms, ran fine for like 20-30 mins, then stuttering then flip to menu and get like 3fps. Changing the settings didn't help and I noticed that the amount of VRAM in use didn't change even though the expected VRAM usage in-game said it would lower it.
    PC spec - AMD 5900X, RTX3070Ti, 32GB DDR4 RAM, X570 ROG STRIX.
    This needs a fix @Ubi-Borealis !

• Alex_ShKID
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis
    When is the patch coming out? Impossible to play!

• CinejuMisu
    13 posts

@ferociousrhyme9 Tried this and FPS still drops to 5 - 10 FPS after 30 minutes of gameplay... Although I'm happy to hear that everything works fine for you.

For me it's clearly that it is something wrong within the game and not with my hardware.
    There are players with much faster and stronger GPUs than me and they are experiencing the same problem...

I'm sure this problem can only be fixed by Ubisoft with a patch or update. I'm gonna trust that Ubisoft will fix this issue and that they will release the patch soon.

• CinejuMisu
    13 posts

@ubi-borealis

Also managed to share a video which demonstrates FPS drop in game (I played with the settings as shown in the images I uploaded a couple a days ago. Ultra settings, average FPS 53).
    Managed to play around 15 minutes.

The problem occurs at minute 2:50, after throwing the second grenade. After that FPS drops at 5 - 10 FPS and stays that way until I restart the game. GPU also remains locked at 100% usage after the problem occurs.

• CinejuMisu
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Kolkata_87
    2 posts

Same here.didnt play for a while,so yesterday i wanted to play a bit...so after start the game black sceen,had to verify the files(some were corrupted)and after i had to install a 15gb of patch.
    In short,when i play,after 1 to 5 minutes,the gpu is 100% and work as normal but the cpu start working very low frequency.
    Bottleneck?......i dont thing so because i have many many havy games(MSFS)and none did.
    So?wait fo the solution.

*UPDATE..After remove hd texture everything seems to work perfectly,once again alway played with hd tex and never had problem,I keep you updated

• CostaBunny
    10 posts

@ubi-borealis Happy New Year. Don’t suppose you could at least confirm from the devs that they have replicated the problem and are working on a fix?

As a techie I am quite confident that it’s a patchable issue (some kind of VRAM asset management leak); but I think it would make a lot of the players in this thread a bit happier knowing that it is a game issue and not their rig at fault. Perhaps you could ask the devs to at least make some kind of acknowledgement of the problem please?

Thanks (and praying to the old gods of Yara for a fix before the FHD find us)… 🙂

ta

• mickharnas
    29 posts

@costabunny

Same opinion, the problem is leak of VRAM. Still wait for UBI analyse and fix.

First of all, UBI thanks for banned me for week.

For the record, I have same issue => 5 - 15 minuts of gameplay => next cutscenes, pause to menu or in random moment game suspend my GPU on 100% and FPS drops to 10 -13 FPS, game is unplayable, nothing helps but exit and reload.

My rig;
    i5 10500
    MSI Z490 A-PRO
    GTX 1660 6GB
    16GB DDR4

• Supertraxx25
    7 posts

@costabunny First off, UBI has been given the needed information in order to isolate the problem and go through whatever code they need that was changed under TU3 but are still asking us too repetitively give them the same information over and over, for which in the responses I read, has been done numerous times. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out the crux of the problem upon reading these many, and I mean many, replies all complaining of the same exact problems, the same exact time of occurrence, and the many over spec'd computers that had no issues whatsoever running the game at whatever resolution, graphical settings NOT having any problems until the last TU3 update. The problem is the update UBISoft, not the settings or compute r hardware that the person writing the complaint is using. We do not want to find a message board like this to complain too, write down our specs and everything that is happening concerning your game because we have nothing better to do with our lives and feel a bit lonely. The fact of the matter is is that we spent a lot of money on a product you produced, and at one time was working flawlessly and giving us entertainment value for our money. Then, you updated the product which should have given us more entertainment for the buck but instead robbed us of any value whatsoever from using your product thus making your product effectively, a "lemon" in car terms. There are Lemon laws in some states that state the buyer is due their money back in situation such as this, but we are not asking for that. We are quite simply asking you to un-update the game so that we can continue to play it at an acceptable fps rate and VRam usage rate that not only will allow us to enjoy the game in which from the sounds of what I myself have experienced but others as well, but will not damage our hardware which is what I believe will happen if a person continues to run this game in its current state. It has been about a month since this issue was first reported, and I'll give you the past holiday season in giving some leeway on the time lapse of this said aforementioned issue being addressed, but enough is growing ever so closer to being enough. You have six pages of complaints with data, computer specs, and video to show you exactly what is going on. All we ask is that you either fix the issue, or refund us the purchase price each and every one of us has paid for what is now, clearly a defective product. As stated before, I myself will no longer purchase another game, item, or product that is affiliated with UBISoft until they make this right.

• DrWest644
    15 posts

UBISOFT doesn't care that's evident..I'll never BUY again

• angelnieto07
    3 posts

After a short time of playing (about 10-15 minutes) the game image slows down to about 10-15 fps. making fluid play impossible. I have already read in the forum that it is a problem created from the last update.
    My PC meets the technical requirements for the game and before the update it was playing without any problem.
    I want a solution or I request a refund of the amount paid, since I see in the forum that the problem has existed for a month and Ubisoft does not seem to do anything to solve it, they only waste people's time asking for the technical characteristics of the computers to extend the possible solution over time.,
    I am waiting for a quick answer. If not, I will take legal action to get my money back.

• Insp1Re7
    3 posts
    Have same issues, drops fps after 5-10 of game. It doesn't depend on the graphics settings.

• issi5
    15 posts

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17nOF9eDeH4b68Dkol8kmof1oKxTrdWB7: (https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/17nOF9eDeH4b68Dkol8kmof1oKxTrdWB7)

this is the Link to the video where i show my Fps ingame.
    sadly the update didn't change anything.

• LIQUID-SX
    4 posts

@issi5 Yup still the same issues here, I've found that if you fast travel, it'll go back to normal frame rate for a bit, but it'll still drop to 5-10 frames after a short while. I had over a hundred hours with no problem, but since the patch, this issue has made trying to play very unfun. I've tried all the recommended fixes, but nothing has made a difference. It's fun when it's running @4k >70fps, not fun when it runs at 5-10 fps.

• THE_KHARON
    7 posts

@snuggles1911 just make a Texture Resolution Low it can help my fps and gameplay too. Now can play 27 hours with no problem.

• LIQUID-SX
    4 posts

@the_kharon Id rather they fix it so I can play a $60 game on my high end rig, like it was meant to be played, and actually played before they screwed it with the patch. lol

• DrWest644
    15 posts

Some kind of response would be nice?

• CostaBunny
    10 posts

Hey Ubisoft, would you be kind enough to at least give us some sort of update on this issue? I think you have a ton of data and have had plenty enough time to at least repeat the issue in-house.

It’s not asking much for you to keep us paying customers in the loop.

Suggested Topics