ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/279 Replies/9014 Views
    Alex_ShKID
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis
    I ask you for an answer. I wish to fully enjoy the purchased product!

• ElBurroAlfa
    7 posts

There is a lot of people having this problem and so far all Ubisoft support seems to be doing in this thread is just asking questions about questions. I shouldn't have to go through this much for something that is supposed to be a final product and I am expecting to be able to install and play with no issues. There was an update today but I guess it had more to do with the new DLC rather than bug fixing because after installing the update the issue persists.

• Alex_ShKID
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Today showed an update of 3 Gb. It got worse with him. FPS drops in less than a minute after starting the game!
    This is very bad of you! 👎 😠

• mickharnas
    29 posts

Game is still BROKEN, game is still UNPLAYABLE. Please tell me UBISOFT - what we are waiting for? Just tell us the truth.

Some programist who made or help to made Far Cry 6 leaving our company and what next? How many times we must wait for fix? Game after some minuts or cutscenes is unplayable... VRAM is leaking and the situaition is really frustrating. Maybe the better idea is return money? Do you want my account?

• adelintru
    2 posts

I am experiencing the same issue after about 15 to 30 minutes of play. It seems to happen totally random. My specs: i7-4770, 16GB DDR3, RX 580 4GB.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2605 posts

Hello everyone, thank you for contacting us recently about the FPS issues you are still experiencing in the game after Title Update 3.

I have looked into our investigation and our Far Cry QA team would like you to answer as much of the following questions as possible, to aid us in finding a possible solution, or posible cause. Please let us know the following if you can, in the same bullet point format to help us report your experience more efficiently >

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • How long can you play for before experiencing FPS drop? Does anything seem to alleviate this (such as navigating the menus or being in certain areas)?
    • Can you please confirm you have uploaded your affected save file to the cloud?
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Are you able to share a video that demonstrates the low FPS / Lag in-game, with the FPS count enabled in Ubisoft Connect?

Official Response
  • mickharnas
    29 posts

@ubi-milky

My specs;
    i5 10500
    16GB RAM DDR4
    GTX 1660 6GB

=> Yes, HD Texture Pack is enabled and imo texture pack causing the problem. In Far Cry 5 and New Dawn the texture pack working well, game looks pretty so why in Far Cry 6 must be different? I want play with HD Texture pack. If HD Texture pack needs 12 GB VRAM or more for 1080p please UBISOFT stop embarrass youself. This is comic.
    => From 1 minut to 5 minut, just go to photography mode or exit to graphic menu and FPS drop to 13-15. GPU is suspended at 100%. Nothing can help only reload. In graphic menu, game show various VRAM values. Sometimes, when enable HD Texture Pack show 5,74GB after 5 minut 5,45 GB, when disable HD Texture Pack once times show 4,45 GB other times 4,93 GB? [censored]?
    => Saves are not problem. The problem is VRAM leaking. HD Texture pack causing this issue. How many times we must explain that?

• adelintru
    2 posts

I can confirm the issue is caused by VRAM management. I did the following experiment: I left my 2nd screen turned on with a few Chrome Tabs with videos running open so that the VRAM usage was higher than normal (>1GB). As soon as I loaded the game, it took less then 1 minute for it start lagging (tried multiple times). I disconnected the monitor and closed the Chrome Tabs and I was able to play for c. 40-50 minutes. The game seems to be using VRAM and shared RAM and at some point something seems to get offloaded (that shouldn't) to the shared RAM.

It feels a little like the 970 issue a few years back caused by the last 0.5GB RAM being slower.

A few tips that helped: in Task Manager in the Tab Details, if you right click on columns, you can select "Dedicated GPU Memory" and see what uses your VRAM. Closing EPIC saves c. 80MB, same with Steam, Chrome uses c. 1-200. If you launch Far Cry by right clicking on Ubisoft Connect instead of from the window, is also saves c. 70MB. All in all it seams you can then play for c. 1hr instead of 20 minutes. Lets hope for a more permanent solution soon.

• ElBurroAlfa
    7 posts

@Ubi-Milky Again, questions about questions, I understand that you need some info to go by looking for reasonable troubleshooting paths but It seems like plenty of feedback is out there already, someone somewhere in Ubisoft needs to escalate this as a little more than an Isolated issue.

I've tried deleting my saves and starting the game over three times already, clean nvidia drivers install, clean windows install (yeah that's how bad I want to be able to enjoy this game) My specs are gtx 1660, i5 10400f, 16 gb ram 3200mhz, 600 watt psu and an NVME WD Black 750, so not the most overkill pc in the world but I should be able to run this game decently I've even encountered the issue while playing AT 720P with low settings and framerate capped at 60 NO HD TEXTURE PACK like there is no ''Oh you're system is too slow, close some chrome tabs'' solution to this. Something is causing your game to overrun vram usage after a while no matter your specs.

• gegeth_79
    1 posts

Dear Ubisoft,

I have same issue. I played 45 hours without any problem. Please, let me that to revert the updates to the "november state".
    Thanks for your help.

Ryzen 7 4800H, 1660Ti with 6GB, 24GB Ram, SSD
    HD pack installed.

Bye,
    Zoltan

• Dave3d07
    76 posts

Well, its back with the Pagan update.

19-10900kf
    32gb memory
    3090 24gb video card
    3x M.2 cards, no mechanical drives.
    HD pack installed.
    900mb to 55gb pagefile dedicated.

It seems as soon as you hit Escape, or I for Inventory, or M for Map, that this starts acting up.

Its a menu ui memory leak. Or like a poster above said, something getting loaded to memory or vcard that isnt supposed to.

• DrWest644
    15 posts

@dave3d07 I dont know what's going on my CPU drops to 20% usage...I paid 0nly £22 for basic game...Never again...This shouldn't be happening 👎

• Dave3d07
    76 posts

@DrWest644
    I agree.
    There is nothing but repeats of questions going on since the game came out, and way too many users are having the same issues.
    Its very frustrating.
    And I bought the (Gold?) edition pre-order, so its worse for me, especially since my rig is well over the recommended specs.
    I am going to start playing RE:Village or In Sound Mind instead.
    Better than playing this 'Tennis' game with support.
    Sigh.
    Severely frustrated.

• Dave3d07
    76 posts
    Well, its back with the Pagan update.

19-10900kf
    32gb memory
    3090 24gb video card
    3x M.2 cards, no mechanical drives.
    HD pack installed.
    900mb to 55gb pagefile dedicated.

It seems as soon as you hit Escape, or I for Inventory, or M for Map, that this starts acting up.

Its a menu ui memory leak. Or like a poster above said, something getting loaded to memory or vcard that isnt supposed to.

Well, I just played the regular game, and no hitching, but there are some very low dips to the 50's (and my max/average frames dropped from 90's to 70's).
    But, the good news is that it seems to be limited to the Pagan dlc (for me anyway) now.

• GodsmackerXXX
    3 posts

i have same problem,i play on rtx 3070,please fix this

• ElBurroAlfa
    7 posts

Oh so they ask for specs and everything only to not replying after the info has been provided. Nice. Classic Ubisoft.

• CostaBunny
    10 posts

Just an update. After the latest update I decided to give it a go last night. I played for about 20mins (all the time the VRAM was hovering around the 7950MB used, (out of 8192MB on my 3070). After building up my hopes that this issue was fixed; the game crushed my hopes like a bug on a windshield! Wallop down to 3fps Grrrrrr.

Please UBISOFT can you tell us that your devs had identified or at least replicated this damned issue. At least that would give us some hope that you guys are working on a fix.

I am very displeased that it has taken this amount of time and still we have no firm confirmation from you, that you are even looking at the problem! This is unacceptable. I am starting to think that the many people talking about refunds maybe correct. Or maybe there is some avenue towards financial recompense for a product that is not functioning as advertised.

Please could you share your results and investigation progress.

• DrWest644
    15 posts

@costabunny
    I have more hopes of a Modder fixing this 🙊

• Alex_ShKID
    14 posts

@ubi-borealis
    Are you planning on fixing the problem at all?
    If not, how can I get my money back?

• DrWest644
    15 posts

Eight days with zero responce...Shocking!

Suggested Topics