ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/279 Replies/12677 Views
    slimbase
    4 posts

@mickharnas after my manipulations, my FPS does not drop even after the menu

• altenbach
    79 posts
    after my manipulations, my FPS does not drop even after the menu

It is not a solution to lower the quality so it only uses a tiny fraction of your vram. It just means that it will take (much) longer for the problem to appear.

• slimbase
    4 posts
    after my manipulations, my FPS does not drop even after the menu

It is not a solution to lower the quality so it only uses a tiny fraction of your vram. It just means that it will take (much) longer for the problem to appear.

4 h, no problem

• altenbach
    79 posts

@slimbase The "problem" is that you don't have the graphic quality you deserved based on your hardware.
    (... and you don't even have to wait a second for that to show. 😄 )

• Emerald267
    2 posts

Same problem, FPS drop from stable 60 to 20-15 in just a random time of playing. Interesting that sometimes I can play without problems for hours, and sometimes fps can just drop in 1 minite after starting. And even last update didn't fixed it. Ubisoft, I really want to play in game I paid money for. Please solve it already, it's unreal to play.
    My config is GTX 1650 + Ryzen 5 1600 + 16 GB RAM. Medium graphics settings and 1080p resolution.

• slimbase
    4 posts
    @slimbase The "problem" is that you don't have the graphic quality you deserved based on your hardware.
    (... and you don't even have to wait a second for that to show. 😄 )

I understand what you mean. But if someone is impatient to play without FPS drawdowns, despite the worst quality, my method may help.

• Ubi-Milky
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3936 posts

Hello everyone, thanks for bearing with us whilst we have been investigating these FPS drops after a few minutes of gameplay.

After receiving system files from some of the players affected by this, we found the main causes of the lag (after a few minutes of gameplay), to be caused by interference such as background applications, incorrect memory use, corrupted game files, or running graphical settings too high for your system.

If you have been able to check all of the above causes and also troubleshoot the issue with our performance guide > https://www.ubisoft.com/help?article=000061047

Our QA team would like you to provide us with a video, which shows the game's latest update version in the menu and the FPS drops after a few minutes. You should be able to enable the FPS counter, within the Ubisoft Connect overlay settings if playing on PC.

If you are using a Windows 10/11 PC, you should be able to record a clip using the free Xbox Gamebar overlay, using the Windows and G key, then selecting the capture/record option. You can then upload this to a website such as Youtube/Imgur/Twitter and post the URL link to view.

Xbox and PlayStation consoles should give you an option to record a clip using the share button on your controller, then your console will ask if you would like to upload this to YouTube or Twitter, where you can then share the URL link with us, for us to be able to view in this forum.

Official Response
  • altenbach
    79 posts

@ubi-milky OK, so we start again with the victim blaming by sending us to a link with private videos ("Disable Your Background Applications" video is not accessible!) and asking for the same things all over.

Given the long, vague list of reasons tells me that you are still in the dark. There is exactly one core reason and it started with that particular update long ago. Maybe it is time to roll back the code. Some rookie programmer introduced a glaring memory leak and you have not found it after months. Are you really telling me that nobody at Ubisoft can reproduce this in house???

Note: My current video settings are fine in every single other game and are also fine for the first 10-30 minutes of FC6 play. And before the game update long ago, even playing FC6 for hours was great and stable.

Using your fps counter, my game starts out at around 60 and remains there (40-60) for a long time. I can fast travel, call up the map and everything is fine. The last couple of times, the slowdown started when going to the map or menu for the n'th time. Suddenly everything is at 5fps. It goes up a little bit to about 18fps when roaming around again, but is really not playable anymore until a game restart. It never recovers.

I am not sure why you still need videos or screenshots. They are completely boring except for the little integer in the upper left that I can read off and type right here in the post (and did above!).

• Dave3d07
    76 posts
    I don't know if ubisoft will solve the problem. I hope so but don't expect anything.
    Definitely the last game I bought from this company.
    based on the current situation i have to say: goodbye ubisoft and welcome dying light 2

Well, get ready for DL2 to be worse than FC6.
    Hidden keybindings (sound familiar Ubisoft? ), harcoded keys (again, sound familiar?), broken/hardcoded mouse bindings, and denuvo thrown in days before release.
    Oh, and it also has stuttering issues.
    😞

• Emerald267
    2 posts

@ubi-milky here's the video

Before I could play at least half hour or 1 hour with normal FPS, but after last update it even became worse, as you can see now it drops after just 5 minutes from starting.
    I have all settings on medium with 1080p, without HD textures
    Config is GTX 1650, Ryzen 5 1600, 16 gb RAM
    The guide you sent also didn't helped, it happens on any quality settings, even if I set it on the lowest. I also starting the game with all else programs closed.

• CostaBunny
    10 posts

I see there was an update for my game client yesterday (may have been earlier, just haven’t turned PC on lately) - anyone here see any change to this issue in It?

• Eddyleon21
    4 posts

@altenbach I think the exact same thing, they are blaming us for a problem that clearly is their fault, they keep asking the same thing over and over, this is really frustrating.

• mickharnas
    29 posts

@ubi-milky

Hey Ubi

Latest patch, i5 10500, GTX 1660 GB, 16 GB RAM DDR4
    This happening when go to photography mode, exit to menu to options or after cutscenes.

• TheLastElite
    29 posts

I usually get this issue when going into menus or the map but it's random along with it doing it in-game.

3080 10Gb
    5800x
    Max settings @ 4K with HD textures on

• shawn_dougherty
    5 posts

Dear Ubisoft,
    The frame drops persist since the early December patch. The first step to correcting a problem, is admitting that you have a problem. Just saying...

• TheLastElite
    29 posts

I have found that if you pause and unpause the game a bunch of times it will fix the issue instead of having to restart the game.

• DrWest644
    15 posts
  • Mipala.
    13 posts

I'm getting impatient now. when can i enjoy this game, that i paid but can't play because of this FPS drop thing. Would you please make this a priority? I have to restart the game over and over just to complete weekly insurgencies! Joseph's DLC is around the corner and how am i supposed to play if this problem still persists? I know im not the only one severely frustrated this is a real issue please do something already.

• TheLastElite
    29 posts

@drwest644 Worked for me a few times.

• CinejuMisu
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!

Suggested Topics