ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/279 Replies/10483 Views
    Mipala.
    13 posts

@as1r0nimo https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/122484/pc-consistent-stuttering-low-fps-whilst-navigating-the-in-game-menus-post-here/31?lang=en-US it's the same as this one regarding on opening the menu a few times, I even posted a video about it.

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@mipala Yep, this one.
    Couldn't find that topic, so i posted video.

• Mancmatt
    1 posts

Looking online I do not seem to be alone with this problem! I have played FC 6 for over 80 hours with no FPS issues at all. Now however (presumably after an update), I can play for around 10-15 minutes after which the frame rate crashes and the game becomes unplayable. It seems that opening the map / menu speeds up the framerate crash. Drivers are up to date. It makes no difference which graphics settings I use - 4K or 1080 = same problem!

This is infuriating and has rendered the game useless. Are Ubisoft aware of this common issue and when can we expect a fix?

• JudgeHazzard
    2 posts

I cannot believe that after 4 freaking months of this being an issue the developers STILL can't be bothered to fix this issue, but can be bothered to finish and release DLC and fix problems with the Game Streaming versions of the game. Absolutely abysmal support. I already refunded the game and have been checking the forums month after month to see if it's been fixed (So I can buy it again) and it still hasn't. I actually had to buy a copy on console just to play, and I made damn sure none of the money from my purchase went to Ubisoft. I will give another cent to Ubisoft on the PC platform until they learn that PC players are not second rate fans and deserve to have the games they pay for to be OPTIMIZED, and COMPLETELY FUNCTIONAL, just like console.

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@mancmatt
    There are 2 threads about that already.
    The cache is overflowing, and sweeping menus makes this faster. So, the least you use menu, the longer you play.

• As1r0nimo
    354 posts

Just to add here, maybe it will help to identify the problem faster.
    This [censored] problem is tied to menu/map. Because if i DON"T open map or any other menu, including inventory, there is no problem at all. I played for 1 hour straight easily.
    But, if I open menu/map multiple times, than 5 FPS [censored] comes in in like 10 minutes of gameplay.

• UbiSushiVamp
    Community Representative 1138 posts

Hello everyone! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing the low FPS after a few minutes of game play. If you are able too, please create a support ticket with your Msinfo and DxDiag along with a video of your settings. Thank you!

Official Response
  • As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@ubisushivamp there are tons of them already.
    The problem comes from using in-game menu, map, inventory.

Idk how much more info you need to identify the bugged code. The engine creates layers of menus, which results in crippling performance once it's reach the critical amount. How and why - we don't know. But the problem is there, that's for sure

• DrWest644
    15 posts

@ubisushivamp 3 Month's on and your still asking the same questions... how's about some Free content to compensate us?..

• Ubi-TheBerry
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3329 posts

Hello guys,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please understand that with FPS issues, as there's no guarantee the team will encounter the same performance problems, it is key to collate as much information regarding the setups of impacted players as possible.

This includes collecting system files, which allow the team to help establish trends and find what may be causing these performance dips across player's systems.

We are continuing to forward reports made here, but system files would be incredible beneficial in helping us actively investigate this further.

Thank you for your understanding.

Official Response
  • TheLastElite
    29 posts
    Hello guys,

Thank you for getting back to us.

Please understand that with FPS issues, as there's no guarantee the team will encounter the same performance problems, it is key to collate as much information regarding the setups of impacted players as possible.

This includes collecting system files, which allow the team to help establish trends and find what may be causing these performance dips across player's systems.

We are continuing to forward reports made here, but system files would be incredible beneficial in helping us actively investigate this further.

Thank you for your understanding.

What system files would you like?

• Ubi-Froggard
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2679 posts

Hey @thelastelite

The files we would like to look into are your DX Diag and MSInfo. You can find insturctions on how to get these files in those links if needed.

To send us the files, please reach out via support ticket / live chat or social media private message on the links below when you have them.

Live Chat (when available)

Twitter Direct Message

Facebook Private Message

Please include a brief message on the issue and any troubleshooting you have already tried when submitting them, just so when someone picks up your case, they know what has been done already and don't suggest anything to you again.

Official Response
  • altenbach
    60 posts

Just FYI, this problem has not been fixed in todays large update (Mar 22, 2022) and is still not even mentioned in the known issues. Sad state of affairs!

Was able to do the primary insurgency and maceo, then airdropped near the final base. When things are loading (gold star spinning in the lower right) it dropped again to ~3-5fps and took forever to load. After finally landing, it went to ~10fps. Not playable. Restart required to continue.

• Mipala.
    13 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • As1r0nimo
    354 posts

@altenbach Thanks for confirming that. You saved me time for downloading that patch.
    Although, just to make sure, can someone confirm that issue is on a completely full install?

I'm just afraid, that this issue can be tied to the blurry texture fix.

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2657 posts

Hey there @altenbach and @As1r0nimo - thanks for your recent posts about this. Particular thanks to @altenbach for confirming that this issue persists in the most recent patch.

Our teams are continuing to look into this issue, but no common cause has been found, so we've been unable to pursue a fix. As you might imagine, we need to be able to reproduce an issue, or at least identify which situations cause it, before we're able to take steps to solve the issue.

That said, I've had a look, and it seems that we've not gathered system files from either of you yet - I'd like to do that now, to help with our further investigation. Please see this support article, which describes how to create MsInfo.txt and DxDiag.txt files. Once you've done that, please go to this link, and log in - you should see a support ticket where you'll be able to upload your two files. Please prompt me here in the forum thread once that's done, so I'll know to go grab copies.

In addition, can you answer the questions below for me?

• How long does it take before these frame drops occur?
    • You've mentioned that using the menu causes further frame drops - is this worse in specific sections of the menu, such as the map or arsenal? Or is the whole menu similarly slow?
    • Did yesterday's patch seem to have any effect at all?
    • Have you been sure to follow the steps in our troubleshooting guide - particularly verifying game files, a clean boot, and checking for operating system and GPU driver updates?

I'm very eager to help get this resolved as best we can, so I'll be keeping an eye out for your responses. Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps.

Official Response
  • Rastyx27x_CZE
    3 posts

@ubi-gizmo

Hello there,

i have similar problem with configuration Ryzen 7 5700g, 32gb ram, 3060 ti 8 GB Vram.

When i restart computer, everything is running on maximum details with 70 FPS (VRAM consuption in Graphic settings is around 5 GB's). After 10-15 minutes of playing this VRAM consuption is improved to 9,33333 GB consuption of VRAM and FPS are frozen somewhere between 2-10FPS (Last time it started during cutscene).

Please optimize your game...Or let us know how to fix. 🤙

Thanks in advance

Rastyx

• Rastyx27x_CZE
    3 posts

@ubi-gizmo

Hello again,

one more point, if i take all settings to lowest possible option in graphic setting, also doesnt help (dont have downloaded HD textures -not used).

Thanks for help

• altenbach
    60 posts

@ubi-thrupney I am currently on the laptop, will submit the files later.

• The slowdown can happen at any random time in the game (e.g. during a battle or explosion or just driving around).
    • The slowdown happens faster if browser windows are left open when starting the a game. Normal gameplay up to ~30 minutes is possible if I close all browser windows before starting.
    • Most often it happens when/after going to then menu or map for the N-th time (N>>1).
    • Often, the slowdown is first noticeable when the gold circle (with the star) is spinning in the lower right, i.e. when it is loading something. Saving (pages flipping in the upper right) is fast, then the gold circle starts spinning for a few seconds. Occasionally, that spinning slows to a crawl, fps drop to <<10% of normal (~3-5pfs) and takes much longer. After that, all gameplay is sluggish.
    • So what happens during spinning of the gold circle? Loading of new textures? I can imagine contention issues to to priority inversions and unintentional race conditions. Maybe parallel tasks try to unload old textures and load new textures at the same time, stepping on each others toes?
    • Since none of this was a problem until the update late last year, can't you do a code compare? Hopefully the code is sufficiently modular to surgically replace a small section. I would be happy to test any such version.

I have (rarely!) seen similar slowdowns in other games, but not during continuous play as in FC6. It can happen if the program is minimized to do some other work, then it is sluggish after restoring it. Not sure if that's the same root cause.

• TheLastElite
    29 posts

For me it's 100% the HD textures that cause this, I have less than the recommended amount of VRAM for HD textures could that be the cause?

Suggested Topics