ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• 12 Likes/279 Replies/11684 Views
    As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@thelastelite technically, if you have 50+ fps during some time and then it drops to 5-20 after an hour or so - your pc is not the problem. The resource management of the game engine is the problem

• altenbach
    63 posts

@thelastelite If you have almost sufficient VRAM for HD textures, running without them will most likely take much longer to cause the slowdown. I (and many others!) have the problem without HD textures (4GB card).

• TheLastElite
    29 posts

@altenbach Ok, I have played the game for over a month now with HD textures off and have not had the problem.

• altenbach
    63 posts

@ubi-thrupney I have uploaded the two requested files to the ticket.

• altenbach
    63 posts

@thelastelite I doubt you played "continuously" for over a month. What was your longest session?

Obviously, the problem is more complicated because Ubisoft apparently cannot reproduce it. Maybe your system is fine. (Running HD textures if you know that your system is underpowered is not a valid test).

• TheLastElite
    29 posts

@altenbach Obviously I don't mean I played it straight for a month. Is anyone having the issue with more than the recommended VRAM?

• altenbach
    63 posts
    @altenbach Obviously I don't mean I played it straight for a month. Is anyone having the issue with more than the recommended VRAM?

Yes, plenty of examples here if you read the entire thread. 😞

• DrWest644
    15 posts

Things have greatly improved for me...Now the Framerate crash seems to take a lot longer...I can navigate the menu's a lot more,,,When the framerate does drop (Below 20) I can return to main menu and load last autosave...I have done this at least 10 times...takes approx 30 seconds to get back in the game...A lot better but still a pain...Can other users confirm this? as I have also changed some GPU settings (AMD)...Thanks

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@drwest644 what spec are you on? Coz, well, if you are running something like 6600+ - it could be the reason))

• DrWest644
    15 posts

@as1r0nimo FX 8350
    RX 570 4GB
    16 GB DDR3
    Runs constantly at 50/60 FPS...ULTRA 1080P

• As1r0nimo
    392 posts

@drwest644
    So, how long till the shtshow starts?
    I mean, using menu, map, etc.
    I have similair spec, but 1600 Ryzen.

• ajegame
    1 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Hi,

I recently went from 2560x1600 to 4k because of a new screen, and with it I got these random extreme FPS slowdowns (drops to 2-4 fps) during anything from 10-45 seconds. Then recovers to about 40 fps, but never recovers fully. I need to restart the game for it to recover fully to 70+ fps.

I'm on a 3080 Ti TUF with 12GB VRAM, lots of RAM and 16 cores @ 4GHz, so spec wise I should be okay.

When playing and observing the allocated VRAM it usually hovers around 10 out of 12 GB used. But as soon as it goes above 10, like 10.1 or 10.4, or whatever, the fps drop kicks in. Is there a strict correlation between how much VRAM that is being used and the fps? Since I have 12GB at my disposal I was expecting me to be safe?

Has anyone else had the same experience with VRAM? To be this sounds like something related to hardware, not software.

BR,
    Andreas

• SeaGoatPro
    1 posts

Same problem as the above user, RTX 3070 at 2560z1440 with a Ryzen 5800 X 8 core CPU, 32GB 3733 memory.

Not even playable on high settings with the HD texture pack which benchmarks show is playable on the 3070, BS.

• NumberRn86
    2 posts

So I've got this issue. Bought this game at launch, but parked it due to the issues. Got myself a shiny new monitor and wanted to give FC a chance. I cannot believe this game is still broken, and I'm getting the FPS slowdown everyone is talking about, basically 6 months in, and this game is still broken? JFC, I'm pirating the next one if it ever comes out.

• NumberRn86
    2 posts

So I am a victim of this same problem now, after leaving FC6 at launch due to the issues then. JFC, almost 6 months later and it's still broken. I'm going to pirate the next one of these games, after buying the whole series up to now.

Specs are 4k@120hz
    RTX3080
    Ryzen 5600x
    16GB Ram

• Ubi-Thrupney
    Ubisoft Support Staff 2822 posts

Hey everyone, thanks very much for reaching out with these latest reports.

We're keen to continue to help with this, and the best way for us to do this is with system files. With that in mind, please make sure you've started by completing the steps in our troubleshooting guide. In particular from that guide, please make sure you've updated your graphics drivers and operating system, you've verified the game files, and you don't have any unnecessary background programs interfering with the game (such as any mods, or system/graphics optimisers). 

Please also make sure your system meets our system requirements. Note that the HD texture pack requires 12GB of VRAM - this differs from ordinary system RAM, so please make sure your GPU specifically has at least 12GB of VRAM.

If the issue persists, please see our system files support article, which describes how to create a couple of files we can use to investigate further. Once you've got those files gathered, let me know - I'll be able to create a support article you can use to send them across so we can have a closer look.

Let me know if I can clarify any of these steps!

Official Response
  • mickharnas
    29 posts

@ubi-thrupney

Sad but true, after changing my GPU from GTX 1660 6GB to RTX 3060 12GB the problem doesn't exist. However, that doesn't change the fact this requirments are exagerrated and that play from UBI is reprehensible. I am massive dissapointed about this and UBI.

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1259 posts

@mickharnas

Hey there

We do apologise for any inconvenience or upset caused as a result of these issues. I am glad to hear however your experience has been better following this upgrade

Official Response
  • Ubi-Borealis
    Ubisoft Support Staff 6078 posts

Hello there,

As there have been no reports shared in this thread for some time, we will now be marking this thread as "Resolved." Additionally, as there has been a couple of Title Updates since TU3, we will now be locking this thread.

If you are still encountering issues with low FPS / lag following a few minutes of gameplay, we would recommend that you first check if your system meets the minimum system requirements to run Far Cry 6. Please note that if you are trying to play the game on a higher resolution, you will need to ensure that your system meets these requirements as well. Additionally, if you have the HD Texture pack installed without meeting the requirements for this pack, you are more likely to experience performance issues in-game (such as low FPS).

If you meet the system requirements and are running the game on a suitable resolution for your system specs, please don't hesitate to create a new thread so the team can look into this further. When creating a new thread, please can you let us know the following information:

• What are your system specs (CPU/GPU)?
    • Are you using the HD texture pack? If so, have you tried disabling this to see if the stuttering improves?
    • How long can you play for before experiencing FPS drop? Does anything seem to alleviate this (such navigating the menus or being in certain areas)?
    • Can you please upload your affected save file to the cloud?
    • Please can you provide us with an image of your video settings?
    • Can you please share a video which demonstrates the low FPS / Lag in-game?

This information will be helpful for further investigation.

Thanks! 😊

Official Response

Suggested Topics