ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FRANTICWRATH
    Original poster 3 posts

I do not know if this has already been brought to UBISOFTS attention or been talked about before.Is there a way to contact DEVELOPER and ask them to fix the game save system.Not only in this game but ALL games.Its crazy that if you choose something and then fail that you CANNOT restart from a previous save.Its 2021 and I cannot believe they havnt thought of this.For example Im doing a mission where I have to save refugees and you need to save 5 but I only saved 2 cause the others were killed off.This is seriously GAME BREAKING to not be able to restart the mission! Thanks

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• azullFR
    2054 posts

@franticwrath
    100% agree
    it's a pain that to make a save you have to quit the game ! (and you don't know where you will spawn, if the quest will be broken, etc.)

I already token about the save system in the french forum before the last update :
    they told that they will communicate what I said to the team... (I have some doubts...)

meanwhile :

1. they gave me false infos about what you keep and what you loose when loading older saves
    2. they still haven't corrected the french translation for : "upload a save to the cloud" = in french it is still, after the update, told : "upload a save from the cloud" !!!

.... Incredible, a word to change is too tricky !!!! ... the team was supposed to have openned an investigation (... an investigation ?... just open the french dictionnary ! ... and it's the tab where we are supposed to manage the saves !)

I'm not optimistic about a valuable update about their save system from another age...
    (approximative english, sorry)

• SizroSpunkmire
    10 posts

The save system was designed this way on purpose and is intentionally designed to keep you playing more. It's so they can pad 'engagement metrics' which is a fancy way of saying 'look at how many hours people are spending playing our game'. This is an important metric because the longer you spend time playing a game, the greater the chance you'll eventually spend money in the store. It also decreases the time you'll spend playing competitors' games.

They have no incentive to change the save systems because engagement metrics is the primary thing they care about and this is just one of the ways they keep you playing.

• azullFR
    2054 posts

@sizrospunkmire
    well, if they did it this way only for players engagement, I'm not sure that adding frustration over frustration is the best way to get it.

Looking at the "Machete kill from above" weekly challenge, seems that they also missed something somewhere... 😂

Suggested Topics