ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Scythael
    Original poster 2 posts

I recently built a new rig and decided to buy the latest AC games to enjoy. Odyssey runs really great @4k cranked, and Valhalla runs pretty good and I expect it to run even better after the patch. However, the older title, Origins, runs with very low FPS unless I run it @2k. My build is as follow:

CPU: 5900x
    GPU 6900XT
    Mobo: Asus Crosshair VIII Dark Hero
    RAM: TridentZ 3600MHz c14
    HD: Firecuda 530
    Soundcard: Sound Blaster AE-9

Both the CPU and GPU are cooled with AIOs. I even tried using a Vulkan wrapper as some have suggested, and it does nothing to change the FPS. As I stated, the newer AC games run as I expect them to. Other games from other companies are running great @4k cranked (RDR2, Metro Exodus, etc.) I am watching YouTube videos where people with similar rigs are not having these issues. Is there anything I can try?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3606 posts

Hi @scythael and welcome to the forum.

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing low fps in Assassin's Creed Origins.

Can you please check our support article for performance issues in Assassin's Creed Origins here.

If you still experience issues after going through the troubleshooting please let us know.

Official Response
  • Scythael
    Original poster 2 posts

@ubi-keo, thank you for your reply. Going through the steps, the game runs much better in 2k resolution. However, I cannot accept that as a viable solution. Rather, it is a sacrifice, as I built this rig to not only enjoy newer titles, but also older titles @4k, cranked, and with high and fluid FPS. The game came out in 2017, and I am running it with a 69009xt and a 5900x with 32gb of 3600Mhz RAM. The game's sequels are running spectacularly. I am also watching youtube videos of people with similar rigs getting 60-80+ FPS @4k in Origins, with everything cranked all of the way up. Some of them are using lesser Radeons and CPUs. I cannot accept that a 2017 game can bring this rig to it's knees.

Perhaps it is a driver issue? Is there a known Radeon driver that this game likes? When I tested Black Flag, FPS was in the 40's and 50's @4k, cranked. However, Syndicate, Odyssey, and Valhalla don't have these issues (I haven't tested Unity, 1, 2, 3, or the other AC games I bought, recently.) My goal is to locate and isolate the issue and enjoy the series with the best possible graphics fidelity and FPS.

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 3606 posts

@scythael I'm sorry to hear that you are still receiving low fps in 4K. We always recommend to update all of your drivers to the latest version.

I have created a support case for you so that our Customer Support team can investigate this further. You will receive an email explaining how to access your support case and what additional information we require from you.

Official Response

Suggested Topics