ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• damdor1
    Original poster 1 posts

sorry but putting so much raid content in the game has made this game not worth playing, i haven't got the time to do raids and with so much raid only equipment i am giving up Ubisoft for good , its the same with all there games ... make some part unavailable to the general players , just unbelievable they can do this to players, i can no longer support a game( or software house ) that restricts content for the game to a certain area and makes this the best equipment to get virtually unobtainable for players who can not do this area

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• SuspiciousPixel
    198 posts

@damdor1 I personally HATE how they lock normal raid matchmaking. It's near impossible to find people to raid when the moderators on the Division discord have a bad day and ban you leaving you locked out from doing raids.

• N3mB0t
    847 posts

i have the slight suspicion nothing is going to change with next "BiG" update , no raid locked stuff for us PVE peasants ,no classy missions upscale , no kenly rework , no new legendary missions,no nothing i only see new "play the same over and over " grinds.

its sad to scroll the connect feed and see every frigging game getting news , updates , events , vlogs and all that stuff all the time and not only a single word for the division 2 players for more than a year ,
    feels like Division 2 is UBI´s [censored] child.

• Oatiecrumble
    482 posts
    i have the slight suspicion nothing is going to change with next "BiG" update , no raid locked stuff for us PVE peasants ,no classy missions upscale , no kenly rework , no new legendary missions,no nothing i only see new "play the same over and over " grinds.

its sad to scroll the connect feed and see every frigging game getting news , updates , events , vlogs and all that stuff all the time and not only a single word for the division 2 players for more than a year ,
    feels like Division 2 is UBI´s [censored] child.

@N3mB0t I feel the same, nothing new coming just the same old grind (i hope i'm wrong).
    It's why i am playing Halo Campaign (quite boring though)....Forza Horizon 5 (Love this game)...and getting back into Elder Scrolls Online (Jesus, nothing worse than trying to get back into a game i ain't played for 7+ years)

• XMdead
    144 posts

I fear that I have to agree with the general sentiment.

It is fine to make raids some thing that only people with excellent characters and well organized teams can do. But locking ALL of the best gear - which you most likely need to do solo heroics and team legendaries - is not cool. And this is compounded by the utter failure to provide the necessary tools that would allow all of the various special interest clans to be formed and flourish.

It is sad, because D2 has gameplay that feels so much better than D1's, but it is so hard to transition from good enough to consistently do heroic missions in a 2-4 person team to being able to do the more challengimg content like legendaries and raids.

A large part of the problem might be the lackluster and unsophisticated matchmaking and shepherding systems. That might be the first major flaw to fix, even before attempting to fix clans.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    with so much raid only equipment

LOL - there are 3 exotic weapons and two pieces of gear are locked behind the raid. For context, there are 250 weapons in the game.

Of the 3 raid exotics, only one (Regulus) might be regarded as best in slot.

But locking ALL of the best gear - which you most likely need to do solo heroics and team legendaries - is not cool.

This is not even close to being true.

• the_Kettle
    218 posts
    so much raid content in the game

Literally only two raids. Both are usually done in less than an hour if most of the team is experienced. As a proportion of total content in the game, they're far and away the smallest part (except maybe conflict maps?)

with so much raid only equipment

As mentioned, 3 exotics and four gear set pieces, plus a few blueprints. While the regulus is genuinely fun and powerful, it's by no means necessary - and the others are very so-so compared to other gear available. The only reason they're seen as so desirable is because they're more difficult to get - but when you run matchmade heroic or legendary missions, how often do you see other players using those raid-locked items? Very rarely, in my experience. Also, it's been suggested that the four gear set pieces will be moved to the general loot pool in the next update (remember, they did that with the gear sets originally locked in Dark Hours).

That said, I'd personally prefer that only cosmetic items are locked behind specific content, and all usable equipment be accessible in all content types.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    As mentioned, 3 exotics and four gear set pieces, plus a few blueprints.

I thought only the two FI gear set pieces are still locked? ND chest and backpack were added to general loot pool in TU9.

• the_Kettle
    218 posts

@dagrommit Future Initiative and Foundry Bulwark chests & backpacks are exclusive to Iron Horse (the other ones were Dark Hours exclusives originally, now moved to general loot).

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@the_kettle rats, I always forget about the Foundry Set - good catch.

• blueray789
    14 posts

There are only two raids.

The only really very good raid exclusive is the Future Initiative chest. No one uses the Future Initiative backpack except if they are the 2nd healer in last boss Iron Horse.

Eagle Bearer = trash
    Ravenous = only use in the last boss of the Dark Hours raid
    Regulus = only use in the Iron Horse raid

There are better general purpose weapons and exotics. I do not use any of the the raid exclusive weapons in open world or legendaries.

Foundary Bulwark is the poor man's tank build which beginners can use to create a tank build quickly. However there are superior tank builds that do not use Foundary Bulwark.

So because you don't have it, you think they are great, but the raid exclusives aren't as great as you think they are.

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    (...) no nothing i only see new "play the same over and over " grinds.

What about the new game mode? And there will be revamped Seasons – about which we will learn more pretty soon. Additionally, I also still expect some kind of increase in difficulty somewhere to balance the increase in power we will be looking at in February.

• Noxious81
    828 posts
    sorry but putting so much raid content in the game (...)

There are two raids.

And there are more than 20 different main missions. Having another 25 variants of said missions thanks to invaded missions and manhunts. Five strongholds, some of them having variants as well. Two large open worlds in DC and NY. 100 floors inside the Summit. You could even roam the DZ for more PvE content. Yes, and there's even Kenly College.

And most importantly:
    If it was all about the content – the raid content can be played by everyone in discovery mode via MM.

(...) and with so much raid only equipment (...)
    makes this the best equipment (...)

So it obviously isn't about the content – it's about the loot. Well ok, there are 249 weapons in the game – 246 of them are not locked behind a raid. There are 266 items in the game – 262 not being locked behind a raid. So I guess there's no reason to complain about "so much" equipment being locked behind raids.

Especially as those items are anything but generally BiS, as already pointed out by other agents.

• vm4M9Tz4pB
    121 posts

@suspiciouspixel may u look for group on discord, it is available for PC and console as well. it is really active daily. however i also favor they should add matchmakin for normal raid like GRB raid

• N3mB0t
    847 posts

@noxious81

at this point im so disapointed i cant expect nothing else other then a new game mode on the same old location(s) , and if that is the case its a new as any manhunt season.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@n3mb0t

Agreed, seasons were just the same CPs, bounties, missions with a yellow marker. The only diff was the altered mission for the final target. That for manhunt... the other stuff, leagues, GEs, same stuff...
    Adding more stats to grind is hardly compelling. I don't have everything "the best" in the game (I have most of stuff I want), and I don't have it in me to grind more. The only thing that gets me back to the game is to play with a few people that make the game fun (and in equal measure they make it frustrating to play with others - you know who you are 😁 ).
    They plan another season or more? I don't care one bit. Marginally curious about this new "game-mode" thing, but my expectations are very low. Probably what they mean is another "grind-mode".

It's clear that most of Massive is working on other projects, and D2 is a some sort of extra weight to be dealt from the side of the desk, very far from a priority. Can't fault them much, they are a production house - and nice things they produced, but someone else makes the decisions on what to produce and how they spend their time... that comes from the head, and the head is clearly much more into making money now, and very little about the long term and the future of Ubi as a whole. I guess YG and the friends and family club want to squeeze everything out before disappearing into the sunset.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

The raids are me and my clans favorite part of the game. I hate that so many people don't enjoy these 2 missions, but they are fantastic.

I also support raid exclusive gear, but that's another topic. To say the EB, Ravi/Reg are the "best" guns in the game shows a very low understanding of the equipment in the game, as dagrommit mentioned.

• N3mB0t
    847 posts

@txdieselkid

on PC? i wouldnt mind a carry to get the gear and finish both a couple of times ,im pretty sure adrian would be in too if we could set it up , just one more guy and we would probably be able to do it with 4 guys only as we are all experienced and already have the needed gear to do it.

• Adrian-11
    881 posts

@n3mb0t

I would be in.
    Done the DH and got the EB. This one would probably work in 4, not easy tho.
    IH... that's probably 8 players only, much longer and more coordination required. In all my five attempts with experienced raiders, we ran in game-breaking bugs and we had to abandon.

• TxDieselKid
    289 posts

@n3mb0t no, xb. I would for sure help out otherwise.

Suggested Topics