ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• JHemp12
    Original poster 6 posts

With Massive busy making the Avatar game and a new studio taking over developement and the game being basically abandoned for the past year, anyone think theres a chance we will get The Division 3? The best part of The Division games in my opinion is the city. After playing Watch Dogs Legion, I realized how well London would have worked for a The Division city, but making another London based game so soon after making one that recreated a futuristic version of London so well, probably isn't in the cards. I would love to see a The Division game based in New Orleans. I think they could do some pretty interesting things there with flooding, swamp land and beautiful city based heavily on french architecture.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

Minor correction - a few folks from Massive are still in charge of design for the new content and systems.

I do not expect a new Division game for a few years at the earliest. They have their hands full with Avatar and Star Wars.

• Noxious81
    908 posts

As we are currently waiting for announced new content in February and alleged further content later in 2022, I doubt that – with all the other games being created at Massive – we will see a Division 3 in 2022 or even 2023.

• xcel30
    798 posts

Not so soon, specially if they decide to have massive make it

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts

Personally I do not expect Div 3 until late 2023, or 2024.

When you think about it, we are getting content for Div 2 that should take us though 2022. Then there would/should typically be an announcement 12+ months ahead of launch, which due to push backs and delays will more likely be 18+ months (name 5 games that haven't been delayed the last 12 months). That puts us in to 2024, and could easily believe 2025 at this point.

• dagrommit
    894 posts
    I doubt that – with all the other games being created at Massive – we will see a Division 3 in 2022 or even 2023.

Hence "for a few years at the earliest" - especially if their deal includes expansions/sequels to support the future Avatar movies scheduled through 2026.

• Adrian-11
    896 posts

Late 2024 if optimistic, but my money is on 2025 really.
    For reasons that were already mentioned.

• N3mB0t
    934 posts

if they are speaking the truth , which i highly doubt until proven wrong, i can read in between the lines that D2 is being prepared to have a long time live service support , that says to me there will no D3 so soon if ever.

besides , who wants to see the same BS going down for a 3rd time in a row? better to keep mopping the previous 2 messes.

• Hawkeye_1234
    1 posts

@jhemp12 I would love to get division 3 however I cant play division 2 anymore because every 3 to 5 minutes my game crashes for unknown reasons. It freezes up and the game fully crashes. So until there is a solution after trying about 3 things I don't know that I could play another one.

• BattleMaster23
    28 posts

@hawkeye_1234 I second that. I haven't been able to play for months and stopped trying around November as I got tired of the constant freezes/crashes. I have since decided to stop buying Ubisoft games until they keep Live games like The Division 2 in a playable state. It isn't the only game of Ubisoft that has problems either; I am not sure what happened to the the after release support for PC games with this company, it is unacceptable considering how much money and time we put into these games. I hope the future is brighter for The Division franchise on PC 😞

• Noxious81
    908 posts
    (...) Hence "for a few years at the earliest" - especially if their deal includes expansions/sequels to support the future Avatar movies scheduled through 2026.

Whoops, sorry. My post wasn't meant as a reply to your post, but for the OP. So we're basically of the same opinion. I'd even be surprised if there was an announcement concerning future installments in 2023. So let's hope that TD2 will get some decent updates in 2022.

• A Former User
    0 posts

Division 3 would be good idea Multiples Go
    Take places mutiples fly biggest missions
    (Walking driving Vehicles bikes Tanks)
    Get allies friend NPC rainbow six & Ghost recon.
    Biggest mission help rescue
    Help working international cuz Rebels working i

international groups
    🇫🇷 Frances Paris
    🇺🇲 USA Miami Beach
    🇬🇧 U.K London
    🇨🇦 Canada Toronto
    🇭🇲 Australia Melbourne
    🇧🇷 Brazil Rio janerio
    🇪🇦 Spain Barcelona

Same appearance customize Division 2
    More clothing tattos
    More Options Hairstyle
    Body types
    More weapons

• Aced_100
    179 posts

How about making Div 3 about prior to Div 1 where the virus first starts and you have to try and stop the virus from spreading and the various factions from taking over.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    297 posts

@jhemp12 fairly certain Ubisoft has already stated that they have no plans for Division 3.

• AgentMikel
    195 posts

The Division 3 - Available in PC and non-PC! With the same [censored] always crashing and lagging BUG in PC, of course! 🙄

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    297 posts

@aced_100 Why this idea makes absolutely no sense:

• Dr. Gordon Amherst's purpose of The Dollar Flu was to infect millions before people displayed any symptoms. Before patient zero showed signs, 10 of millions were already infected.
      • [Can't be prevented when no-body is even aware it existed in the first place]
      • [It was engineered to spread as quickly and discreetly as possible between hosts]
    • The Division wouldn't even be present on trying to prevent a catastrophic event, The Division is only activated after a catastrophic event takes place
    • This scenario you mentioned would render both Division 1 and 2 pointless.

• RaciaIAdhesive-
    297 posts

@n3mb0t Ubisoft has stated they have no plans for a Division 3. I think expanding on the foundation of Division 2 is a great idea.

D.C is a great city to expand on, the home of The Division. Releasing other cities for agents to travel to as future DLC with their own unique stories could lead to a long life for Division 2.

• hralex1951
    166 posts

After Avatar, Massive is developing a new Star Wars game. Div 3 = Heartland.

• Noxious81
    908 posts
    (...) Div 3 = Heartland.

Although Heartland is a The Division game, it is clearly not The Division 3. Heartland is a F2P game and has way less mechanics, depths, modes etc. pp. and generally is a smaller and completely different game and concept.

• TxDieselKid
    322 posts
    When you think about it, we are getting content for Div 2 that should take us though 2022. Then there would/should typically be an announcement 12+ months ahead of launch, which due to push backs and delays will more likely be 18+ months (name 5 games that haven't been delayed the last 12 months). That puts us in to 2024, and could easily believe 2025 at this point.

I stand by this statement still. Given what we learned about the whole Battlefield 2042 production timeline, it makes sense that we will not see for years.

What I really wish would happen is that people stop saying "Div 3 = Heartlands". That's like saying R6: Extraction = Siege 2. Or Tiny Tina's Wonderlands = Borderlands 4.
    No.
    Stop.
    It's COMPLETLY different.

Don't put that misinformation out there because SOME idiot is going to believe that, and start saying that, and then pass that off as being the case. Next thing you know some click bait youtuber is going to make a video about it, and then we'll get a story from IGN or some other industry rag about it.

I can't roll my eyes any harder than I currently am over this.

Suggested Topics