ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ShowBaggs111
    Original poster 4 posts

I'm not a game developer, nor do I pretend to be one. I am however, a fan of the Far Cry series since the OG from Crytek. I've enjoyed all the numbered entries up until FC6. So Ubi, if you want some feedback on how to improve your game, take a few mins and read on. I won't be including bugs as I'm sure there is an abundance of those posts.

1. Add harder difficulties. I want to feel like I'm in a dangerous jungle and taking over outposts/general navigation requires tactics and planning.
    2. Remove the ability to swap weapons when away from bases. Limited weapons makes for tougher choices. Maybe let us pick up the enemy weapons?
    3. Bring back skinning and frisking animations - dumb design choice that kills immersion.
    4. Supremo has either got to go or be very limited in use.
    5. The levelling system needs to go back to how it was on FC3. XP adds skills. That XP can be used to purchase said skills.
    6. Cosmetic items - Nobody cares.
    7. Vehicle upgrades - Nobody cares.
    8. Guerilla camp upgrades - Nobody cares.
    9. Companions are pointless because the game is too easy as it is.
    10. Remove the ability to see enemies on the mini-map, while still leaving the map active. At present it's map on or off.

There's probably a lot more and I'm positive that my fellow gamers will point out many that I have missed, but I personally feel that if the majority of these are implemented you would have a much much better game.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• rickidoo2010
    145 posts

@showbaggs111 (ALMOST) totally agree with your list. There is a Guerilla camp that provides you more advanced weapons which is useful, but I think the rest of them don't add much to the game.

I finished FC 6 and was going to play it again. Decided to replay New Dawn instead. I have to say, it backs up your thesis quite a bit. Picking up enemy weapons and not having one's entire arsenal with them at all times is fun and adds to the game. As soon as I started playing New Dawn again I realized just how much fun that added.

The "Perk" system, whether it is like that of FC 3 where they were forced in a certain order, or in later versions like FC 5 or new dawn where you can pick and choose as long as you have the perks... is also a lot of fun. It adds a strategy and more closely aligns itself with real life where things you learn stay with you and not just attached to the weapon you are holding or clothes you are wearing. The old system of perks was fun. The new system, ah... missing.

And the combat in New Dawn... particularly as one starts leveling up is challenging and fun. You almost start heavy breathing! In FC 6, combat is its weakest link. Not a great idea in a FPS.

I have come to the conclusion that the team steering FC 6 was charged with changing things up. They wanted FC 6 to be fresh and new. I believe that their heart was in the right place, but there's no way some of these faults got past every beta tester. I think this must be the case of idea ownership that deflected criticism.

There's still hope for FC 6 - it has a LOT going for it. Too much to list in one post. But one has to get the combat right in an FPS. And they haven't, yet. Historically, UBI does a few patches then abandons their games. As I see it, it's a race against the next patch max 2 - if things aren't turned around by then, it will never be fixed. And we will all lose because of it. Most of all the UBI stockholders. And the FC fans, such as you and I.

• rizz768
    181 posts

@ShowBaggs111 Agree with most of the list, but I think the introduction of cosmetics with perks is good for the game. At first I hated not having skill trees, but then I thought, around 60 hours into the game, what if I had these skill trees, and were all maxed out now, what then? it would just be a menu screen I don't look at anymore, either way you're running around Yara with the power of an army.

At least with these cosmetics, they give you some lasting interaction with the game, and some added appeal to boot. Maybe what is lacking here is just the ability to upgrade gear in some way, infuse them with additional perks, add the ability to save custom gear sets that you can equip with a single click, these additions would be good for the game too.

• Ampee1
    166 posts

@showbaggs111

1. Well, action mode can be quite hard sometimes. Of course if you snipe everyone down from a distance, that's easy.
    2. Simply don't use that feature.
    3. Funny how everyone hated this one around Kyrat (4) episode, now it looks like everyone wants it back

I do care about cosmetics, its not a deal breaker, but a nice to have thing. At least I can color my AK47 differently, so I dont have to look at the same boring colors.

Then again, this is just my opinion 🙂

• ShowBaggs111
    Original poster 4 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • ShowBaggs111
    Original poster 4 posts

@rickidoo2010 this will be my last FC game if they can't improve the gameplay. Very disappointed.

• ShowBaggs111
    Original poster 4 posts

@ampee1 I should have been more specific, I love the gun cosmetics....
    Outfits - Don't care.

• Ampee1
    166 posts

@showbaggs111 Yeah, thats somewhat +1 from me.
    I love the "hand" cosmetics, since that can be clearly seen while in first person, but yeah, other ones: I don't really care about.

• jmagnum50
    136 posts

One thing I want back is New Game Plus. It should be like 5 where you go through the beginning as usual, then when you're at the moment your adventure truly begins, you get everything from the previous playthrough back. It's one of the reasons why 5 is one of my favorite Far Cry games. Also, the devs need to bring back weapons like the 6P9 and the Vector since I missed out on those.

• GameGuru2018
    275 posts

Cosmetics - is about 3d person.

3d person.........

Developers, think about it......

• RDU-Neil
    6 posts

Story: Having played every FarCry since 1, I've always enjoyed the story aspect that you really change things throughout the course of the game. Your actions change the environment. FC3, 4 and 5 did this so well. I've played FC5 close to a dozen times, and I enjoy the point when I can drive all over Hope County and THERE IS NOTHING TO DO! I've defeated the cult, they aren't roaming the roads any longer... they are gone. FC3 and 4 has some roaming patrols occasionally, but also gave you the sense that you'd really completed the game.

FC6... I've defeated the Castillos, I've stopped all the insurgencies... but there are still soldiers everywhere, driving trucks and convoys, and doing everything they did before. The oceans are still full of patrol boats, etc. Feels like I've accomplished nothing.

Also, the insurgencies are a good idea, but maybe have them respawn with a different layout/harder, etc. Going back to the sites, they are all exactly like they were the first time, FND base, checkpoint, whatever.

I want to reach the point where I can get in my car, crank the radio, and drive all over Yara and not have to run into constant convoys of military soldiers.

Dani is one of the best characters from any of the FC games, which have had many good ones. It is unfortunate that the companions were no longer people, like Grace or Jessie, etc., because I would have loved to have that camaraderie of a couple of badass companions running around and making jokes and such, like in FC5. FC5 and New Dawn were genius, and the lack of such a solid supporting cast that could interact with Dani is sorely missed in FC6.

Mechanics:
    The clothing/abilities is clever in some ways... but it seems odd that you can't increase your personal abilities like the old skill trees. In old games, I'd have all the abilities eventually. Now I have all the abilities, I just have to change my clothes constantly to use the ability I currently want. Seems weird. I would have like a mix of character skills amd certain clothes can enhance some abilities. You should have to choose your clothes carefully before every mission.

The ability to have every weapon available at any time removes all the tactical aspects of the game. Having to select the right weapons for the mission, and hope to scrounge something when you don't have it was always a great part of past FC. Easily cycling through whatever Supremo/rocket launcher/sniper rifle I need for the moment just makes things too easy.

I'm surprised how unnecessary vehicles are. There are some really fun motorcycles and cars... driving a tank can be a hoot... but none of them are necessary for the game. There is only one mission that forces you to drive a tank, where having a vehicle is important. It would have been nice, with such great driving mechanics, to establish a necessary skill/tactic for succeeding in missions. The fact that you can essentially ignore such great vehicles like Angelita is a bummer.

I would have liked to see the Guerilla Camp upgrades expanded. It was so easy to quickly build them all to max... but only a few of them gave you necessary/important abilities. Hideouts were great... but fishing and hunting... eh, not so much. I have so many building supplies and nothing to do with them very early on in the game. It will never happen, but if I could see somthing like Fall Out 4 settlement development, alongside the much better FC fps combat, I'd be in heaven.

I really miss the Perks aspect of FC5 as well. It really pushed you to explore, and finding caches and such to gain some perk points was always satisfying. Would have loved to see the clothing ability options layered on top of hte skills.

• GameGuru2018
    275 posts

Yes, there should be less useless, unnecessary, things in the game.
    (but some useless things should be.....like in real life)

In comparison with some other games Far Cry is well thought out.
    But it could have been thought out even better.

Outfits, vehicle upgrades, cosmetics......I think it's time to start thinking about Far Cry as 3d person game.
    If not Far Cry 7, may be Far Cry 8 or 9.
    For developers themselves will be interesting to look at the game from a different angle.

That's what the game lacks.

Cinematic properties.
    3d person view.

Like a good movie.

• Sleezure
    140 posts

"Bring back skinning and frisking animations - dumb design choice that kills immersion."

If we presume that Far Cry 6 began life as a multiplayer Destiny clone, then it follows that things like this, how NPCs deliver missions, etc., needed to be changed.

• Hexagon12
    34 posts

@gameguru2018 No, no, no to the third person nonsense. Its a first person shooter for a reason. Plenty of other third person games out there. Play them rather than destroy the far Cry franchise by making it TPS rather than FPS.

• Kormac67
    1091 posts

@showbaggs111 Don't care about harder difficulties, the others are a hard no.

@GameGuru2018 Yes, it could be so much better in 3rd person.

• GameGuru2018
    275 posts

One thing is 1st person customization - and another thing is 3d person customization.

In terms of money as well.
    3d person will be customized more enthusiastically.

And even more enthusiastically if people's attitude towards us will also depend on it.

It would be better to customize not only us but our squad as well.

NFT................💪 🤑

Suggested Topics