ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• bielik01
    Original poster 1822 posts

How do you feel about it? Are you willing to pay extra for the new DLC, or should it be included in current Season Pass?
    For me it's just too expensive, given the number of bugs I had to deal with...

https://www.epicgames.com/store/en-US/p/assassins-creed-valhalla--dawn-of-ragnarok
    https://store.playstation.com/en-gb/product/EP0001-PPSA01490_00-BUNDLEDAY1EXP300
    https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/assassins-creed-valhalla-dawn-of-ragnarok/9PN8VXNKGD96/0010

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• OrcBeard92
    181 posts

@bielik01 Depending on the size and amount of content in there, 33.99 or whatever the equivalent may be in your currency feels a bit steep for me, especially given the overall quality of Valhalla after launch.

The post launch has been a bit of a disasterino, especially when compared to Odyssey. While the game gets a lot of hate, they certainly were far better at bug fixing and overall quality in their release schedule.

So at present, I'm not really hyped, or on board about Dawn of Ragnarok. I'm really going to have to wait until they reveal a bit more, and even then, may wait for a sale or discount.

The cinematic trailer leads me to believe that there may be more of an effort put into this one, than Paris or Ireland, but we'll see.

• thegardener25
    198 posts

@bielik01 At £32.99, ABSOLUTELY NO CHANCE! It should be included in the Season Pass! Particularly as you mentioned the bugs. I bought the Gold Edition, & was looking forward to Ireland, but on or around the 27th April, just a couple of days before WotD was due to drop (although it was then delayed for a fortnight). I got the 'Failed to Save' notification bug! It wasn't so much the problem with saves failing, as the notification on screen, anytime I looted anything, crossed a border, completed a quest, or added anything of note to my inventory. That bug persisted for months, until a patch was dropped after I completed the SoP dlc. This presentation video looks very slick, if it was free content or included with season pass, I'd play it. But I'm giving this the body swerve. But I am looking forward to the Odyssey content. I just wish we had some prior notice so I could have set up a NG+ with Kassandra. But I'm glad there is new Odyssey content from tomorrow, as well as ACV.

• azullFR
    3090 posts

@bielik01

for me it's a no way due to :

the still bugged 2 (paid) DLC (SoP = you have to take care, really care, of your saves to avoid DLC blocking bugs + WoD is still systematically bugged if you reload an earlier save, or do a second playthrough)
    +
    still game breaking bugs for some people not resolved after one year
    +
    I stop here... way, way too long 😉

[EDIT] : also due to this : (posted Mar 27, 2021, 9:18 AM)

97 days ......
    97 days NO SINGLE RESPONSE from UBI !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    No communication = NO MORE SINGLE MONEY !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IS THAT CLEAR ?????

😉

• ArrakiSS
    8 posts
    Took from here, took from there .... it becomes a big pot of grapes, but still let's see what will happen in the end ....: D

• bielik01

@azullfr I don't know what I'm hoping for with tomorrow's update, but maybe they magically will exterminate every bug I know, or at least half of them.
    Hopefully, they will not add anymore bugs to the game...

• AORUS2017
    400 posts

@bielik01

How do you feel about it?
    I like myths that's why I like Odyssey, Origins, Valhalla, from what I have read about Dawn of Ragnarok DLC looks good for 2022 Ubisoft have made some great games over the years and I will continual buy them.
    Are you willing to pay for the new DLC.
    Yes, I don't care about the price it's just game expansion to enjoy.
    Should it be included in current Season Pass?
    No, Ubisoft is a business if everything was free they wouldn't make any money for future games.

• bielik01

@aorus2017 the price of the new expansion might be a slap in the gamers' face, who bought the Ultimate Edition of the game. And really... if the quality of the game itself, how the bugs were fixed, were at much higher level, I'd be willing to pay whatever they ask. But with what they've done, I'm just confused...

• SHADOWGARVIN
    14 posts

The DLC should definitely be included in the season pass! It would be adsurd for Ubisoft to expect season pass holders to pay extra for this. The DLC is almost the same price as the entire game!

• azullFR
    3090 posts

@bielik01

at the moment I just hope it won't break the saves (I will do 3 separates saves on USB sticks 😂)
    and that they will fix the bugs efficiently and quicker once the update is deployed (wich would be a good step ahead)

The good thing is that I still have the 2 DLC (WoD, SoP) to play..., maybe in 2022 😂

Another good thing : maybe I will have the time to finish the Atlantis DLC in Odyssey (I keep it safe just to be sure to fully and enjoy exclusively this lovely DLC)

• AORUS2017
    400 posts

@bielik01
    It isn't a slap in anyone face , I paid for the Collector's Edition £179.00 + Statue of male Eivor £ 50.00 and more money on Helix credits, you don 't hear me complaining or asking Ubisoft to give this DLC to me for free!

@shadowgarvin
    Dream on.

• azullFR
    3090 posts

@aorus2017
    do you know the price (as you are saying : 'it isn't') ?
    I would like to know it 😉

• bielik01

@azullfr $40 / €40 / £33, at least at PSN store.

• AORUS2017
    400 posts

@azullfr
    What are you on about! I reply to @bielik01 read next time😉

• TheNorfolkian
    2068 posts

@bielik01 Ubisoft’s claims that this is the biggest expansion in the history of the franchise seems to imply that it would have to be bigger and more innovative than expansions like ‘The Tyranny of King Washington’, ‘Freedom Cry’, ‘Dead Kings’, and ‘The Fate of Atlantis’. That’s a pretty big claim.

Since the release date is three months away, I’ll wait and see what kind of developments Ubisoft will announce. At the moment, I am kind of curious why the British XBox Games Store shows the expansion, but here in the United States, it hasn’t shown up yet (as of this post).

There is a really old thread that debated the question of expansions in Year 2. Considering that Ubisoft has not yet announced any kind of Year 2 Pass along with the news of this new expansion, it may still be possible that it could be included in the existing Season Pass for Gold, Ultimate, and Collector’s Edition owners. Of course, it’s still too early to know for sure, and as I said in that thread, “Ubisoft has a history of treating franchise updates and expansions differently”.

• TheNorfolkian
    2068 posts

@bielik01 The phrasing in that last paragraph isn’t specific enough... it only said the base game, it never mentioned the upgraded versions. The same thing can be said for the last two expansions... if you buy the base game, expansions are not included. Sure, we can assume at this point that we’re gonna have to pay for it, but if that’s really the case, then it would be fair to also assume that there will be a Year 2 Pass at some point.

• mentraton
    60 posts

I don‘t get it why anyone is expecting a Season 2 content should be includes in the Season 1 pass?
    That is absurd! Everyone should work for free right?

Stop whiny about this topic each time a second season is announced to a game. It’s everywhere the same bs.

Saying that, Ubi has to fix the game! Each patch introduced new bugs that‘s unacceptable!
    Most of my complains are fixed by now but waiting month and month to play the game as it should is really bad!

I still have not finished it. Right now I’m waiting to the PS5 controller feedback to be fixed. They killed it completely with 1.3.2, and with 1.4 it was back but only for like 30-40 minutes after starting the game and randomly vanishes after a while until restarting the game rinse and repeat.

• AORUS2017
    400 posts

@mentraton

I agree, this happens every time on Ubisoft Forums.

• Maledicus
    69 posts

Is Valhalla bugged? Yes there are alot of bugs ppl do experience, myself can't speak to Toga in france anymore and i experience sound issues & crashes in Raventhorpe on XSX. I'm really not Ok with Ubisofts patch policy, it tooks too long before they fix serious bugs.

But i pre-ordered DoR, why? Because i know that no one at Ubisoft releases bugs because he/she likes to, this happens, and with games that huge we allways have to reckon to run into bugs here and there. Even system software of Airplanes & Spaceships had bugs and we all know what that means and know about the costs this projects and it happened.

I won't forgo to play these great games, because of some bugs i will for sure experience, knowing they will fix them at some point.

Best regards.

Suggested Topics