ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• SHADOWGARVIN
    14 posts

@psyc0tik It's a scam indeed. Ubisoft is such a greedy company. The misleading of consumers is disgusting and illegal. They should be brought to justice.

• JCar4327
    704 posts

@lysvander I don't get it either. The contents of each edition of the game are pretty clearly spelled out if one takes the time to see what they are purchasing. Nowhere in the Ultimate Edition did it say it included all future content released for the game; it was clearly shown that you got a set of runes, a ship pack, a gear pack, a settlement pack, the season pass, and the main game. The season pass clearly states that it includes the Legend of Beowulf quest, access to Wrath of the Druids, and access to the Siege of Paris. Nowhere does it say the season pass includes any other content beyond those three items. And I'm pretty sure the Wulfhilda (?) mission was part of a pre-order package but don't quote me on that one. I can honestly say that I think Ubisoft went above and beyond with all the free content we got during the first year. I mean they added festivals, river raids, mastery challenges, the cross-over story, the Tombs of the Fallen, and more that we were not promised through any edition, but that is, of course, my opinion. I will say that I am with @longjohn119 with the need for a year two season pass, but if they choose not to go that way so be it.

• Kaldire
    44 posts

@lysvander
    who on earth is liking this guys comments

there is no evidence to say x y or z really thats the argument?
    you lose

got insider info here that the new dlc is only 10hrs long
    so eat THAT for 40 usd.. hell no

again 3 MORE dlcs are coming,
    cant wait for them to get such negative reviews that ubi hopefully stops this insane babble

• MePlayingGTA
    39 posts

As many games get more and more buggy updates these days, first Far Cry 6 whose updates are buggy every time breaking the game and now Odyssey's recent "update" which almost completely muted the game, the Ragnarok DLC could even be a bit cheaper if it had to be set to cost something.

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@kaldire DOWN or Ragnarok only 10 hours of gemaplay is a lie.. And three more DLCs or expansions? Crossovers of Valhalla and Odyssey are also a DLCs, but free... You even do not know what means DLC, it is shortcut of Downloadable Content, lol..

• bielik01
    1795 posts

@kaldire yeah, like extra content which you must download separately.
    Kassandra crossover isn't really a DLC, because it's in the base game. It's not gonna vanish, you just had to download another update to the base game.

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@bielik01 it is a DLC because it is new content you have to download to your PC, so technically it is a DLC.
    It was not part of the base game it was added to the base game, which is not the same thing.

• bielik01
    1795 posts

@smrtiak-svk you can't get rid of it in the base game. It's not like with WotD/SoP that you can uninstall it and still play the game.

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@bielik01 lol that is why these are not just DLCs, but expansions of the game... DLC and expansion is not the same thing also 🤦♂

• azullFR
    2628 posts

@smrtiak-svk
    just a question about the meaning of "DLC" :

(*) in (from) your point of view :

1 - considering DLC is Downloadable Content, should Opals be considered as a DLC (no internet = no Opal) ?
    and
    2 - considering DLC is Downloadable Content, as we all had to re-download the entire base game : should the AC-Valhalla base game be considered as a DLC ?

(*) : approximative English, sorry, if someone can tell me the appropriate sentence (in or from) I will appreaciate it 🙂

• bielik01
    1795 posts

@smrtiak-svk what is a DLC is perfectly shown for example in Ubisoft Connect PC client.
    You can't download Mastery Challenges or River Raids 😂

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@azullfr no, you do not need download opals like update or upgrade, it is part of the live service of the game. Like festivals are also not DLCs, but Island of Skye is DLC, or Mastery Challenges was DLC...

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@bielik01 Mater Challenges or River Raids was DLC, because it was part of the update you had to download, lol...

• azullFR
    2628 posts

@smrtiak-svk

But I had to Download the Content of the update to have (theoricaly, at this time) access to the festival,
    I really have problems to understand these differences :

I have the snow (content) but no access (service) to the festival quests (content : scripts where added with the update)
    am I right ? wrong ?

• bielik01
    1795 posts

@smrtiak-svk I don't see them here...

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@azullfr no you are not, you have access to the Yule festival even when it is bugged, you have acces through the new game or older save when you had not completed Yule festival from 2020.

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@bielik01 because they are not supposed to be there, it is place only for content you buyed...

• bielik01
    1795 posts

@smrtiak-svk that's what the DLC is 🤣
    It's extra content, not in the base game (whether it's paid or free).
    But Isle of Skye, Mastery Challenges, Rover Raids, Tombs of the Fallen ARE in the base game, hence they're not DLCs.
    On the other hand, would you consider bug fixes also DLCs? Because you have to download them...

• azullFR
    2628 posts

@smrtiak-svk

To resume :
    yes I have access (= Service, even if it's a failing service at this time) to the Downloaded Content : Yule festival (= DLC )
    that's how I understand the definition of DLC you gave.

I can't say if it's wrong or not, just seems Ubi and other companies doesn't always use "DLC" the same way, so, as a consumer, I am a little lost sometimes.

[EDIT] :
    to make things simple : AC Valhalla is an Ubi product + we are here in an Ubi forum
    So, I will stick with what Ubi calls "DLC" =

• Season Pass
    • WoD
    • SoP
    • DoR
    • Premium Starter Pack

all found here :
    https://store.ubi.com/us/dlc/games/assassins-creed-valhalla/

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@bielik01 but it was not in the base game since game was released, so it had to be downloaded in update. Expansions was also downloaded in same updates, now they are too part of the base game who ever owns them have them accessible without new downloading in same way how every has accessible everything what has been downloaded in the updates. So only difference is expansions are bigger and not free DLCs and River Raids or Mastery Challenges or Island Skye are free DLCs.

Suggested Topics