ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Avengers3012
    Original poster 3 posts

I have the game Assassin's Creed Valhalla Gold Edition. Dawn of Ragnarok is included in the Season Pass or will I have to purchase separately? Thank you.
    I just need to clear up about the recent DLC Dawn of Ragnarok.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• bielik01
    1804 posts

@avengers3012 yeah... @Ubi-Keo, can you clarify this one for us? We're all curious about it.

• nerex33
    15 posts

@avengers3012 I have the ultimate edition and had to purchase Dawn of Ragnarok pre-order separately, so no, it is not included.

• SHADOWGARVIN
    14 posts

I would like to know this as well. I bought the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla’s Collector’s Edition in the Ubisoft Store and therefore I also own the season pass.

• Lysvander
    146 posts

the season pass covers beowulf mission, siege of paris & wrath of the druids

dawn of ragnarok says explicitly: Dawn of Ragnarök will launch on March 10, 2022, and will be available as a separate purchase for owners of Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

gold & ultimate have the season pass, if we want to play dawn of ragnarok, we buy it. or not, but it's not included in those earlier editions.

• SHADOWGARVIN
    14 posts

It is an absolute disgrace! I wasn't expecting Ubisoft to be this greedy. It's disgusting.

• GeneralXIV
    14 posts

I own the Ultimate Edition of AC Valhalla, and I'm very disappointed (but not surprised) Dawn of Ragnarok needs to be a separate purchase 😕 I really think it should be included in the existing season pass.

For me, Valhalla's monetization already felt too much. Even compared with Odyssey (which was iirc criticized for its microtransactions), Valhalla's feels worse. Odyssey gave the player the opportunity to earn a fair amount of Orichalcum every week to unlock items from the store - Valhalla has reduced the weekly amount of opals (while increasing the number of daily challenges to unlock the same amount of Orichalcum/opals, and reduced the quest variety), and increased the maximum price of the items. So more work, less currency, more expensive items. I had a good chance of unlocking weapons and armor from the Orichalcum store in AC Odyssey, because things felt more fair/actually random and I could always buy the randomized pack for 20 Orichalcum if there were no items I wanted or I had already unlocked them all - Valhalla removed that, and imo the store is purposefully manipulated so there are always settlement/ship decorations, tattoos and repeated items every day/week, and very few armor and weapons. It also helps Odyssey had a good selection of different weapons and armors in the base game, while Valhalla... doesn't, and iirc the store items outnumber the items in the vanilla game where they were at least similar in Odyssey.

But also, the live service elements of AC Valhalla haven't been comparable to Odyssey imo. Everything has been so gameplay focused and content like the fun new quests added with The Lost Tales of Greece haven't really existed so far. All the seasonal events have been basically copy/pasted with only cosmetic differences. I'm excited for the crossover quests though, it seems the best thing that has been added since launch.

I haven't played the existing DLCs yet (or finished the story of Valhalla), but for me one game should never have a season pass, and microtransactions, and additional paid DLCs (or a second season pass). Nope.

• Kaldire
    44 posts

@generalxiv

This isnt just that its not covered in the ULTIMATE edition... but the PRICE??
    40$ usd for a dlc which we have no clue of the content?

Anyone remember the wonderfully long tale of beowulf and grendel? yeah me either.. takes all of 5 minutes to do, and you get nothing.

Now please KNOW THIS..
    the team that made ROGUE is making this dlc.
    That being said, wahh the hell.
    Anyone remember liberations outsourced team debacle ? becuase that game needs removed off the planet with unity and rogue. (keep unity but take anything requiring multiplayer out.

This is sad.. so much money for the ultimate. even on sale, and more for "unknown" content.
    Sad..
    and sick..
    I feel sick

omg
    /me runs to toilet and vomits due to ubisofts gouging

ps.
    ac valhalla needs renamed just call it "valhalla"
    there is NOTHING assassin about this title aaatt all..
    oh shh sneak in the bushes
    with these two big two handed battle axes and plate armor? yes! shh assassinate!
    LOL
    To this I say there are only challenges for stealth
    the rest of the entire game and dlcs, dont require it ever..
    insert Judas priest "all guns blazing"
    rain fire and plague down upon foe and scream swinging sythe and spear

• Ubi-Keo
    Ubisoft Support Staff 4733 posts

Hi @Avengers3012 @bielik01 I can confirm that the Dawn of Ragnarok expansion will not be included in the Season Pass and must be purchased separately.

Official Response
  • Sam_Boo26
    175 posts

It's really disappointing that we have to pay another 40$ even if we have the season pass. I don't know if I'll play it; I think it's really disrespectful from Ubisoft.

• Nephr0n
    3 posts
    @generalxiv

This isnt just that its not covered in the ULTIMATE edition... but the PRICE??
    40$ usd for a dlc which we have no clue of the content?

Wait for the relase and the reviews. You will know about the content then.

• SHADOWGARVIN
    14 posts

@ubi-keo It should have said as much in the information on the Ubistore. Nowhere in the Ubistore or any of the emails I received after bying the AC Valhalla collector's edition did it state that there would be future dlc which wasn't covered by the season pass. I was led to believe that all future dlc was covered by the season pass. This clearly isn't the case and therefore the information at the time of release was misleading and if this was done deliberately it would also be illegal.

• Kaldire
    44 posts

@nephr0n
    this is what EVERYONE should do

again if the content is = to a full game sure
    this is highly unlikely so
    40$ ? hahah no

and again wait for the 3 more dlcs they announced on the roadmap
    its insane..
    if all 3=40$
    wow

• Avengers3012
    Original poster 3 posts

@ubi-keo Thanks for the answer. 👍

• Psyc0tik
    1 posts

Let's see, the DLC should be included in the Gold and Ultimate version, I just bought it, I haven't played it yet, the Ultimate version had to include everything it has in the games. It's ridiculous to charge $ 50 for a DLC. It's a scam, class action in anticipation.

• Lysvander
    146 posts

@psyc0tik There is no evidence to support the claim that DoR should have been included in any edition and / of the season pass, other then personal opinions.

Concerns about pricing has validity, but in this case i would wait for reviews.

• thegardener25
    193 posts

I've got the Gold Edition. So future dlc from this point on are not included, unless I pay more money for them. That's ok, I simply won't be playing them, & now I question whether I'll buy infinity (or whatever it's to be called), or any future ac game.

But for players that bought the 'Ultimate Edition'. What does ultimate even mean? Without even looking at the list of contents & what's included in the various versions of a game, other than those tacky ornaments, I always assumed that Ultimate would include all content. Ultimate isn't very ultimate, is it?

• Lysvander
    146 posts

So now they can just slap ultimate on any title, and add a few skins, a dlc and people assume it will cover everything ever added to the game.

How can you look at a mere title of a game release and be like "yeah, that's what i want cause i'll never have to pay for any content ever again. it says ultimate so it must be."?

Look at R6 Extraction. Pre-order the "Deluxe" Edition. You get skins. That's it. Skins. Very "Deluxe".

What happened to just look at what you are about to purchase and decide if it's worth it?
    I don't get this entitlement of purchasing a certain edition and thinking it covers more then it says it does.

I'm a sucker for all the statues, so i bought said edition. I looked at the description of the season pass ... and that's it.
    If i want to play DoR i'll have to pay. Full price or wait for a sale.
    But i don't see what questioning this payed release would matter. Nor do i understand all the posts asking for the dlc to be free.

• longjohn119
    1283 posts

I have to say I was a bit disappointed to see this too. However I was expecting we'd have to pay for a new Season Pass but it would include more than just one DLC but now it looks like we are going to have to pay $40 each for the next 2 or 3 DLCs they have planned

From what I understand Ragnarok is 1/3 the size of the main game but it is costing us 2/3 the price ..... Doesn't seem like a good deal to me

Suggested Topics