ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• Jason8246
    1 posts

@lysvander Dude when it first came out the season pass was said to include everything right before they launched the new dlc trailer they changed it to a list of ones covered thats a scam. you cant state one thing change it than pretend ur not scamming people. why are you defending an obviously horrible company doing horrible business practices? They treat their employees like crap pay them crap and they give us crap and people like you say we should smile.

• SoulReavrr
    16 posts

Then what is the point of me buying season pass, when it wont even last 2 months?

You sold me a season pass, and now you are saying that it doesn't include the expansion which will come within 2 months of me buying it. Is this a joke?

• Violantw
    1 posts

Hey Ubisoft
    Thank you for saving me $120.
    See you when Valhalla Complete Edition is out on sale for $15

• SiKiTtOyA
    49 posts

Wow, I have Valhalla on my backlog and just found about this shady move by Ubisoft. They really are screwing over Ultimate and Season Pass owners with this. Releasing more DLC when season pass is supposed to include all DLC released for base game for past and future content. Thats the whole point of a season pass! Now Ubisoft is saying its not a part of season pass or ultimate edition? Its still DLC and not a new game!

I smell a lawsuit coming for unfair business practices and false advertisement!!!

• CptSniper4team
    11 posts
    The game market is no longer in favor of the player. It is possible to understand this with the items in the microprocessor shops on all platforms. They want us to buy and sell every feature to the store and thus earn more money. Valhalla is extremely inefficient. You do 6 or 7 hour tasks, you can't win any rewards, and most of them are valuable The items are in the store. Now, I think it would be stupid to pre-order the game market that wants us to spend more money with these word games. They want you to pre-order. Tons of advertisements appear and they allow the player to play by reducing the features of the product. Therefore, any game is an unfinished game no matter what platform it is. I will not pre-order or support it.

• tomhstorey
    1 posts

Apologies in advance. Its going to be an unpopular opinion but this is how I'm thinking.

I paid for a month of Ubisoft+ to play Valhalla when it came out, I enjoyed it a lot and put a bunch of hours in but didn't finish it, not even close. Figured I'd pick up the gold edition in a sale... So I picked it up recently in the last sale and will get to it soon.

When I saw the Dawn of Ragnarock wasn't included then I got a bit annoyed, clearly so have a lot of people. Having sat on that thought a while, I've changed my mind. I paid for the gold and have the DLCs I knew I'd get, its a lot of content.

That would be it. They aren't going to continue to make more DLCs for nothing. In the end, the question I asked myself was 'would I prefer no more DLCs or more DLCs I have the option of paying for or buying a year 2 season pass?'

I'd rather the DLCs came out and I have the option to get them if I want, which I probably will.

• longjohn119
    1280 posts

@tomhstorey They should have released a Season Two Pass for $40 with 2 more DLCs. Instead they got greedy and are releasing one DLC for $40 and then are releasing the 2nd DLC as a "stand alone" game mostly likely for $60 so it's going to cost Consumers $100 for what they normally get for $40

Personally I won't buy them until they are discounted and I can get them for $40 .... if I even bother to get them at all. I bought the Season Pass back in November for $13 and still haven't played either DLC because the game is so buggy and crashes a lot.

• azullFR
    2640 posts

@longjohn119

I bought the Season Pass back in November for $13 and still haven't played either DLC because the game is so buggy and crashes a lot.

Nearly same for me :
    I pre-ordered AC Valhalla Ultimate Edition for 120 € ... Result :

• Berserker set still have the reset bug = stopped using it months ago, "gave" it to my Jomsviking = money wasted
    • WoD DLC installed : not started (too much bugs)
    • SoP DLC not-installed (too much bugs and a bloking one)

So, to resume :

I pre-ordered AC Valhalla Ultimate Edition

= Big Fail 😉

( I made a topic about this in the French forum ... let's see if I even get one response from Ubisoft ...
    link (french) : https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/137921/edition-ultimate-frustration-ultime/1?lang=fr )

• garretthorsch
    3 posts

@shadowgarvin in all fairness dawn of ragnorak will be the size of an entire new game. 40+ hour story as well as some other story arcs like valkyrie trials story, exploration, world events, etc this will be at the very least a 100+ hour dlc. so while I understand your sentiment I think the $40 will keep you entertained for a long time

• TheNorfolkian
    1602 posts

I love how this topic has garnered much attention. I really hope Ubisoft thinks hard about how it markets its products in the future...

I join the sentiments of @Lysvander and @Bebo-STh on the problem of labeling. Offering gradations of rank to a game for additional content beyond the base should be rethought by Ubisoft. Many game companies do it right... release the base game, offer a Season Pass on the side, and then following any future expansions/DLCs, sell a ‘Complete’ or ‘GOTY’ edition. And at that point, many players like myself or @Violantw will end up buying that at a discount.

Regarding price for content, I also agree with @Kaldire and @longjohn119 that Dawn of Ragnarök should not have been priced so high. I honestly was expecting Ubisoft to release a Year 2 Pass of some kind along with the DoR expansion, but now we have learned that with the announced release of the ‘Complete Edition’, there will be no future expansions that would justify another Season Pass. So what was the point of aggravating the players who purchased the original Ultimate Edition, which had a pre-order price of $120, or for that matter, the Collector’s Edition with a $200 pre-order tag price? When people are literally willing to drop over a hundred dollars for a game, let alone two, they’re serious. Ubisoft should have simply raised the original price of the Season Pass, and subsequently all editions that included it, to compensate for the prospect of all expansions.

As for content itself, I don’t actually care about how many hours of story or ‘game time’ is advertised... I care about the replay value the game will have. What types of repeatable side activities will I be able to do in DoR? Probably not much since Valhalla already failed to provide the level of repeatable content as Origins and Odyssey.

Lastly, I will admit that I am one of those players who play games for XBox Achievements (or PS Trophies), and I was expecting Dawn of Ragnarök to have at least half the number of new achievements/trophies as the base game. If this expansion really is supposed to be like a new game, it should not have been treated like the last two expansions with a handful of achievements/trophies. The base game had 50 achievements (30 known + 20 secret). Wrath of Druids added 9 (5 known + 4 secret). Siege of Paris added 9 more (8 known + 1 secret). The Mastery Challenge and Tombs of the Fallen content each added 2 (4 new achievements/trophies at no extra cost to the player). So, for Dawn of Ragnarök to add another 9 (6 known + 3 secret), I have to say that I do not feel much incentive to pay the full price for this expansion.

• mikez19999
    30 posts

@thenorfolkian I agree. This is why I don't buy games from Ubisoft anymore. They are greedy as evidenced by game breaking Denuvo DRM issues, they don't fix ongoing problems (Item duplication is still an issue--I have 8 bone syckles right now), and they release new games with the same problems the old games had which was never resolved. I have downloaded this game with a "third-party patch" and it runs much better but is not kept updated. At most, I will occasionally do the ubisoft + connect for a month to see if anything has been fixed and only to find the same or more bugs and question why I would expect Ubisoft to employee consumer orientated product improvement.

Charging for this add-on is another slap in the face to the consumer and pushes us further away from wanting to spend our money to support a company which demonstrates a consumate degree of corporate greed. Ubisoft better keep using Denuvo because at this point I don't see anyone wanting to spend money to actually support the company. After being a loyal customer my last purchase was for FarCry New Dawn I have no intentin to buy another product from Ubisoft but I can assure you my collection of Ubisoft games will continue to grow and run better and that is not because the "third-parties" are putting out patches for the games.

• longjohn119
    1280 posts
    @shadowgarvin in all fairness dawn of ragnorak will be the size of an entire new game. 40+ hour story as well as some other story arcs like valkyrie trials story, exploration, world events, etc this will be at the very least a 100+ hour dlc. so while I understand your sentiment I think the $40 will keep you entertained for a long time

40 hours = 1/3 of the main game for 2/3 the price .... I'll probably finish God of War ($43) and then get Elden Ring after a couple of patches fix some of the PC port bugs .... Witcher 3 Complete Edition should also drop in the next month or two and while I can get it as a free upgrade I'll probably buy the game again IF they allow me to keep the old GOTY Edition intact which I only paid $15 for in early 2019.

• FobicZy
    3 posts

Oh how fun - and here I was expecting Ragnarok would make up for the other content that wasn´t the most interesting thing.
    I could just as well have given my money to a stranger in town to make me enjoy 1hour and then bore me for the rest of the day!

Thanks....ubisoft... both far cry and assassins creed are getting worse now, used to be my favorite games. I´m just gonna go back to origins and maybe some odessey when I´m done with fc4.
    Last time I preorder.

• azullFR
    2640 posts

@fobiczy

Thanks....ubisoft... both far cry and assassins creed are getting worse now, used to be my favorite games.

Same for me, sadly.
    Last time they recieve royalties from me.

• mikez19999
    30 posts

@azullfr That is really sad to hear.

• AlisAmber6Ff6
    4 posts
    Banned
    This post is deleted!
  • longjohn119
    1280 posts
    Valhalla's monetization already felt too much. Even compared with Odyssey (which was iirc criticized for its microtransactions), Valhalla's feels worse. Odyssey gave the player the opportunity to earn a fair amount of Orichalcum every week to unlock items from the store - Valhalla has reduced the weekly amount of opals (while increasing the number of daily challenges to unlock the same amount of Orichalcum/opals, and reduced the quest variety), and increased the maximum price of the items. So more work, less currency, more expensive items

Regards
    AlisAmber

Exactly .... For example I won every piece in the store except 10 individual pieces which I was able to pick up on sale for $9.98 .... Every horse, every ship, every crew, every LT, and every figurehead I won and all the armor pieces and weapons except 10 just by playing the game and doing the weekly quests. When they added 5 new pieces to the store in December I won 3 of them by the time I finished the new DLC and did the weekly quests 3 weeks in a row to win the other two .... So basically I have every single store item you can get for $9.98 ..... Valhalla on the other hand I played through 3 main threads put in close to 140 hours doing so and won one armor piece from the store and then realized the chance of completing even one set of armor was about 0% so I quit even trying about 70 hours in since it was all work and no reward since the XP or cash you get from doing them is minimal .... There are already enough time wasters in the game to chase the pipe dream of actually winning an armor set I could use whereas in Odyssey the first armor set I won (Odysseus with a +50% adrenaline bar for Hunter Abilities) is still to this day my favorite all around armor set for Hunter builds because it basically gives you 2 Devastating Shots for 1 adrenaline bar and build back adrenaline in seconds allowing me to do things like this .... Take down a Merc 22 levels above me where if he so much as bumps into me I'm instantly dead. Because of the Odysseus set I was able to hit him with 15 Devastating Shots in a row and I've yet to see anyone else take down a Merc 22 levels above them with any other kind of build

• SiKiTtOyA
    49 posts

The problem is this. Ragnarok still needs Valhalla base game installed in order to be played. Its also marked as DLC on both Ubisoft's and EG stores. So it is not an expansion. If it was a stand alone game that would be completely different but it is not.

They have also gone on and removed gold editions from both stores which is really bad as well.

• GhostAgent14
    198 posts

I have been enjoying reading everyone's responses in this thread, and there are many good points in here. I have decided not to purchase Dawn of Ragnarok for two reasons.

1. I undoubtedly feel that $39.99 is way too much to ask for a DLC of this size. If this was the price for a Year 2 pass with some other confirmed content (not speculated content) I might think about it further. The best thing I can do as a gamer is to not spend my money on a game that I don't think is a good value.
    2. The second reason is more my personal preference, but I don't really love the theme of this DLC. I have greatly enjoyed all of the Valhalla content related to Eivor and the Raven Clan as just good ol' hard working Vikings, but I haven't enjoyed nearly as much the content related to Eivor as the reincarnation of Odin and the whole Asgardian storyline. In addition to that, I haven't loved the fantastical/mythical elements as much either (like the Ireland DLC, for example). The theme of Siege of Paris is more my jam, I do believe. I certainly understand that the Odin/Asgardian theme is part of the whole story. but...but...I just wish there was more related to Eivor and the Raven Clan.

Anyway, that's just my two cents worth. 😁

• TheNorfolkian
    1602 posts

@ghostagent14 That sounds very reasonable. After all, on the Ubisoft Store right now, the Valhalla Season Pass for PC is the same price as Dawn of Ragnarök for PC.

Suggested Topics