ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• ko102crew
    10 posts

Probably delayed because Ubisoft wants them to add that NFT crap in like they did with GR Breakpoint.

• ATF-Xeno
    60 posts

So, I now want to know what they have done in more than a year? The bug that the game freezes and crashes continues to this day, and they seem to be indifferent to this. We may not even have an online event for a long time after today. It seems that they don’t even want to do a season replacement...

• Oatiecrumble
    451 posts

I do think we need to remember we are living in a different world now with COVID......most if not all people around the world have to abide by different restrictions to keep not just themselves safe at work but those around them.

This is going to have a huge knock on effect when doing any type of job, if the virus changes (like it has) so will timelines.......so any delay is to be expected.

I for one don't mind waiting longer if the outcome is better than it being rushed, it's human nature >>> We moan when it's late >>> We moan even more when it's rushed and full of bugs.

• KraziAgent
    35 posts

@dagrommit dont see why covidis f8ke its all just a bunch uf b*uly $.h!t so why a maintenance when prjects RESET [censored] IS THE POINT to RESET THE WEEKLY PROJECTS on the day of a maintenance SO FREEKING STUPIS UBISOFT I WANNA PLAY NOW and cant because of maintenance NO REASON GAME/SERVERS cant be maintained while GAME & Server maintenance is in progress, I do it on a ton of diferenc servers my self servers on 24 7 all the time, and we can have cross play on ps5/series s & x and PC JUST DO IT and seemles co-op as u promisd in e3 2013 ... DISIPOINTED in downgrades

• jamesbondlq
    1 posts

i'd assume if it was only going to be another month or 2 they woulda waited till closer to the "release date" of the update not say something 2 months in advance. I would think it's probly going to be 4-6 months more. what I don't understand is delaying the apparel It's not like they are adding new content for it. as one person i was talking too said i'm sure they had a few free artist and model people aviable threw out their stuidos to be able to pull this off

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

@oatiecrumble A pretty bad excuse.
    1) It's not the first year of pandemic. You should get used to it.
    2) It's a game development. There are a lot of ways to communicate from home. Yes, it's a bit more problematic, but it's nothing catastrophic.
    3) It's not a new game. It's an update to the existing game with working dev tools.

So 2 things could happen in reality:
    1) Bosses wanted to get more money from Div 2. So they wanted another expansion. But devs didn't. So they've actually started to code something only in ~September
    2) Things got scrapped after internal testing, so they started all over again.
    Pandemic has nothing to do with it, obviously.

• ATF-Xeno
    60 posts
    2) It's a game development. There are a lot of ways to communicate from home. Yes, it's a bit more problematic, but it's nothing catastrophic.
    3) It's not a new game. It's an update to the existing game with working dev tools.

1) Bosses wanted to get more money from Div 2. So they wanted another expansion. But devs didn't. So they've actually started to code something only in ~September

I agree with you,

Ubisoft Paris’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint also completed the update of the Motherland Operation chapter a month ago, and the quality is not bad. It can be seen that Pandemic did not have a very big impact on Ubisoft's studios. And before the postponement announcement, they had announced that they would release the TU14 update today, but they withdrew it after a few hours, and issued a delayed notice. I personally think that the update should have been done, but I don’t know why it was delayed again. ...

• SevenNVD
    87 posts
    I do think we need to remember we are living in a different world now with COVID......most if not all people around the world have to abide by different restrictions to keep not just themselves safe at work but those around them.

This is going to have a huge knock on effect when doing any type of job, if the virus changes (like it has) so will timelines.......so any delay is to be expected.

I for one don't mind waiting longer if the outcome is better than it being rushed, it's human nature >>> We moan when it's late >>> We moan even more when it's rushed and full of bugs.

Fully agree and with this full post, especially the last sentence. I said the same thing, replying to the Tweet.
    It's in our DNA to complain, it's what we're supposed to do as gamers.

That said, it's okay to be disappointed. We're a full year since last major update, and communication between UBI and the playerbase has been lackluster. For me personally it's also a bit sour we're awaiting content for a (then) 3 year old game, and by that time we're already nearly 2 years in a next generation hardware. I'd much rather see Division content that isn't held back by dated hardware.

Still, I know some very talented people are still working hard on the new stuff, and I'm looking forward of seeing and hearing more about it!

• MenShengFaDaCa1
    1 posts
    This post is deleted!
  • Oatiecrumble
    451 posts

It's not a excuse it's reality, it's the world we are living in right now.

Have you seen how badly for most if not all games that have come out recently, rushed, buggy, unplayable.

I myself and neither can you (i presume you aint a developer) can comment on how things work in the industry.

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

@Oatiecrumble keep lying to yourself

• xcel30
    667 posts
    (Gear set rework) The "Striker's Battlegear" will no longer lose stacks for missed shots. Stack loss per second has been increased to 2.

If the devs could actually have done balancing patches and bug fixes this entire time why have done that over time when instead of trying to save for an big update that appears to keep getting delayed, the people would not lose faith. You want to show that you are still at work and actually want to improve the game? do more frequent bug and small balance tweaks so the game feels healthier and better to play, people will see your hard work and feel that the game is not dead and work on it is being done for later.

Now it has been so long that this feels more like an emergency button attempt to appease people instead after the many months of pure silence and horrible game crashes

• echolecter
    226 posts
    It's not a excuse it's reality, it's the world we are living in right now. Have you seen how badly for most if not all games that have come out recently, rushed, buggy, unplayable. I myself and neither can you (i presume you ain't a developer) can comment on how things work in the industry.

Problem nowadays is that all products are rushed out, time-to-market has to be as short as possible. If that means that final products contain major flaws, so be it. You can see that everywhere, and next year you get a 'new' version with updated designs. At home I have a toaster and tube radio that were made in 1950s, they still work without any issues. I can assure you can't buy product like that anymore.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

How I often feel when reading this forum

dont see why covidis f8ke its all just a bunch uf b*uly $.h!t

Tell that to all the people who've died, are living with long Covid or the healthcare workers who've been working long hours to keep people alive. Even people who haven't had it are having to deal with the impact of the pandemic. I know plenty of parents who've been worried because their kids hadn't been vaccinated. People at studios like Massive relocated from overseas and haven't been able to see their families for two years.

It's not the first year of pandemic. You should get used to it.

This is lazy gamer thinking. Even without the pandemic, deadlines slipped. CDPR delayed Cyberpunk three times before the pandemic hit, and have delayed their DLC and upgrade plans at least once since.

keep lying to yourself

You need to face reality - Oatiecrumble is correct
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-game-delayed-in-2021-so-far/1100-6489425/

And before the postponement announcement, they had announced that they would release the TU14 update today, but they withdrew it after a few hours

Timing is everything:
    https://discussions.ubisoft.com/topic/124683/psa-tu14-patch-notes-are-out/1?lang=en-US

• Oatiecrumble
    451 posts
    @Oatiecrumble keep lying to yourself

No need for me to lie, the proof is out there.

• Oatiecrumble
    451 posts
    https://www.gamespot.com/articles/every-game-delayed-in-2021-so-far/1100-6489425/

And that list is not including the delay with games already out right now......

+1 to your post 👍

• As1r0nimo
    345 posts

Not really.
    As you have already metioned, the delayes were way BEFORE the pandemic. Which means, it's a VERY BAD EXCUSE.

• dagrommit
    894 posts

@as1r0nimo Nope, that list of delays was from this year. The pandemic started in early 2020.

• Adrian-11
    878 posts

@dagrommit

So sorry I don't follow everything and everywhere you write.

As for not agreeing with this "NFT" scheme... how do I put this nicely... no sane-in-their-head person would agree with that, unless they are getting a serious financial advantage out of it.

• Oatiecrumble
    451 posts

Not really.
    As you have already metioned, the delayes were way BEFORE the pandemic. Which means, it's a VERY BAD EXCUSE.

Wrong "Again"........I did not say "way BEFORE the pandemic"........i would of thought it was quite obvious what i meant......i.e lots of games got delayed because of the pandemic, some a year, some 6-10 months.....some more than a year.

And some just got released in a state.

Suggested Topics