ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• AnimusLover
    Original poster 327 posts

Ubisoft won't learn unless we vote with our wallets.

On principle I don't have an issue with Ubisoft charging extra for this expansion as the rules of the season pass were made clear what it would be covering.
    However, because Valhalla has been a buggy mess with one problem after another with each update, many of which Ubisoft have failed to fix - including the Majesty in the Dark quest in Siege of Paris - the least they could do is make the Ragnarok expansion free for season pass holders and those who bought gold and ultimate editions as an apology. It is not acceptable to keep introducing new game breaking bugs with every update with the promise to fix them while promoting your online store in-game and demanding more money for additional content. Valhalla has been the most broken AC game ever produced BY FAR. Not even Unity or Assassin's Creed III actively halted my progression in their campaigns.

I bought the gold edition at launch and you fooled me once which is the only reason why I've played the DLCs. Never again. At least, not with the Montreal team.
    I implore other players to do the same if you want to see change.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• AORUS2017
    276 posts

@animuslover

Stop whiny 😢 😢 this thread is boring, and don't tell me how to spend my money.

• RobinRobin24099
    9 posts

@animuslover
    Ive noticed a lot of people complained about bugs and glitches with AC Valhalla, guess I must have been very lucky as the only issue I ever encountered was 1 achievement not unlocking. Personally I cannot wait to purchase the new expansion, looking forward to it!

• SHADOWGARVIN
    14 posts

@aorus2017 How old are you? You sound like a little child. I haven't seen any normal comments from you.

• AnimusLover

@robinrobin24099 The curious thing about bugs is that somebody will play and encounter a myriad of issues, others not so much, but collectively Valhalla is by far and away the most I've seen with reported issues since Unity across the Internet, be it reddit or elsewhere. And it's not just immersion breaking bugs, these are game-breaking, mission stopping issues that should not be in a full priced, so-called AAA game. It also depends on when you play it as well because a lot of the time bugs get introduced with updates so if you play it before an update or after a patch grants a fix you'll get lucky. Also, as a trophy hunter an achievement not lucky would drive me insane. I had to replay nearly 20 hours on the PS5 version because the first raid trophy and various other trophies would not auto pop despite Ubisoft claiming this game supports auto popping (it doesn't).

• AnimusLover

@shadowgarvin That's why I haven't responded . I just assumed he was a teenager.

• S7igma957
    234 posts

@animuslover I will buy but i want fix for CTD!!!!!!

• Kaldire
    44 posts

@animuslover
    Hell no

As I said in another thread

this dlc is

1. unknown on content, length and filler.
    2. made by the same team that failed "Rogue" anyone? yeaah
    3. costs about as much at the entire game and all dlcs were on sale!!!

waah
    unknown content.. and a team that has a baaaaad rep.. also valhalla is still a mess, cya tomorrow when epic and ubi servers are down from a ddos from to many dls of the new game base
    *ubi has yet to even address simple fixes for the game
    arrow hand anyone ;o this is still a thing? falling through walls and floors? thats soooo ac liberation of you!

hugs but ughs
    the price is 40$ and its unknown what the hell other than the notes it gives no clue how long it is

is it as long as beowulfs quest? pointless garb
    if the dlc isnt 100+ hrs long or more, how can 40$ be justified after ultimate ed owners have a season pass

and folks MORE dlc is also planned

so yeah wah the hell is this.. season pass 2 3 4
    they need to change season pass.. to First pass, then second pass
    season pass would be 4 months of content. ish *aka a season.

Stay away..
    and hugs

I do like this game but its not an assassins creed game.
    where is stealth needed other than a few challenges

sigh

• victorrazvan777
    1 posts

Valhalla is the reason I have Ubisoft+ subscription. when is something playable I simply renew it, without fueling a situation of CP 2077 and mw 2042. so I simply settle in march +40hr of gameplay.

• AnimusLover

@s7igma957 There's no incentive for Montreal to fix CTD if you and other PC players buy this DLC because they will assume that they will make money regardless of whether they fix it or not. If you want them to fix it make a stand and say "no" until they address the issue.

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

Here is my point of view about upcoming massive expansion, which will be biggest expansion in AC franchise. I already pre-ordered it because this is the best game I ever played, I love norse mythology. And it is also about showing gratitude for so many updates and free content from developers to developers. Yeah, sure it would be more fair when owners of season pass has some sale for this DLC because content of first season pass is weak. Stories are too short and there is also only small amount of mysteries and artifacts. But it is still solid.

• WildAfricaCZ
    9 posts

@animuslover I'm not buying it. If the DLC has the same content as the video, I'm not interested because I want to play an AC game not some God of War game.

• WildAfricaCZ
    9 posts

@smrtiak-svk Smrtaku, ty DLC jsou predrazeny jako svine. Zacali si z lidi delat dojnou kravu, jako EA a to neni dobry, ani kdyz te hra bavi.

• AORUS2017
    276 posts

@shadowgarvin
    I'm not a whining I'm a fan.

• AORUS2017
    276 posts

@wildafricacz
    If you don't want to buy the DLC no one is making you buy it

• AORUS2017
    276 posts

@animuslover
    The only change I want is to see your thread locked, I spent £300.00 on Valhalla you don't see me here complaining because it's pointless. Do you think! Ubisoft business Executives & Mangers listens to people like you whining and to ask gamers not purchase the game on the forums! No one is going to see it only the forum moderators & fans of the AC game if you don't like how Ubisoft runs it's business or you think again because you buy the cheap gold edition then build you own business & games in future oh wait you can't that's why you're here whining hoping to get your small pack of followers to agree with you.

• AnimusLover

@smrtiak-svk To be clear, my OP is not complaining that the expansion should be free or discounted for season pass holders or those who bought gold and ultimate editions. Ubisoft has the right to charge what they want for any additional content and we have the right to judge whether it's worth it then move on. Bungie does the same thing with Destiny 2 where they make you pay for each expansion (although Destiny 2 is free to play now) and no one complains. It's a perfectly valid business model.

My issue is that the development cycle of Valhalla as a live service lite has not been good due to the way the devs keep breaking an already broken game with every title update. They seem to be rushing out updates without taking the time to stress-test them properly while ignoring reported issues that have been in the game since day 1. They've only now, allegedly, (haven't tested it myself) addressed the broken detection system presumably to incentivise those who have stopped playing because of the bad stealth to buy the expansion.

And yes, a lot of Ubisoft games have been a little buggy lately undoubtedly due to the pandemic and the implementation of the awful, awful Ubisoft Connect (RIP Uplay) but most of those bugs have been fixed, infrequent or easily worked around by simply reloading the game. I feel "safe" playing Far Cry 6 and Immortals Fenyx Rising, for instance, knowing that I'm not likely to run into a game breaking bug. Valhalla is the only Ubisoft game I have bought of late with multiple instances that stop quest progression altogether with the only solution being to literally wait for the developer to fix it in a future update. I can't play a game like that comfortably. And the worst part is the game is so broken that there are probably thousands of bugs just waiting to be discovered. It's not a question of if or what but when.

Thus, the least they can do, as an apology, is give this expansion away for free the way they made the Dead Kings DLC free when Unity launched horribly.

• AnimusLover

@aorus2017 Wow, £300 lol. Seems pocket money has really gone up since I was a teenager!

• EyesOfFate
    189 posts

@wildafricacz hej, lebo u Valhally sa začali viac sústrediť na free content, čo ako keby zvýšilo torzo cenu rozšírení. Ale vezmi si Division q, ktoré dostalo cca rovnaké rozšírenie v druhom roku podpory, Warlords of New York tiež za 40€ a bolo to len jedno DLC a nikto sa nejako extra nesťažoval, teraz spravili to isté s AC. Toľko free contentu čo má Valhalla som nezažil u žiadnej hry, tak podporím vývojárov a vydavateľov v pohode. Navyše severská mytológia je mi veľmi blízka.

• AORUS2017
    276 posts

@animuslover
    I worked for a living.

Suggested Topics