ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Original poster 1287 posts

Why can I hear an Azrael coming but NOT SEE it as well? I only know that it is out danger when I don't hear it anymore or when I am using Fury and she alerts me to it.

Forget about the fact that the province is already under my control or the outcast and there shouldn't be any Fly Overs? or am I also getting this wrong that when a Region is Conquered there won't be any more Azrael or Helos patrolling?

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@fcac-no-moe ... To disable Azreals you need to finish Restricted Area 01. That disables Azreals for the whole island. They are not region by region. As for why you can't see them, I'm not sure, but sometimes they can be hard to spot depending on where you are located. At least you can hear them... that's key. There was a bug earlier in the game's life that had people unable to hear it. I can imagine how frustrating that would be.

• Sam.SamFisher
    118 posts

@fcac-no-moe By the time you hear the drone it is on top of you. I put on the minimap just so I could catch the red plane icon right away and hit the dirt. I've been caught out a couple of times in mission and it never went well. Sometimes I get two Azreal and two enemy helicopter fly-overs back to back. That takes the fun out of trekking in the wild to bump up experience points for weapons mastering or gathering coins for optical camo.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    @fcac-no-moe By the time you hear the drone it is on top of you. I put on the minimap just so I could catch the red plane icon right away and hit the dirt. I've been caught out a couple of times in mission and it never went well. Sometimes I get two Azreal and two enemy helicopter fly-overs back to back. That takes the fun out of trekking in the wild to bump up experience points for weapons mastering or gathering coins for optical camo.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

Wait! What?

Are you sure this is on OP MOtherland? I always use the minimap and I do remember seeing the red plane icon in the Vanilla game but I have yet to see it in the OP ML.

You are almost correct, that sometimes I hear " A " helo overhead and all of a sudden I am being caught by the Azrael so now I am more alert to it but again, I don't see it nor see the Red plain Icon on the minimap.

Chris, thank you for the heads up as I thought it was for province or region conquered. Not a big deal is just the annoyance, yet again, that there is no countermeasure to be able to take the Azrael down before I get the bodarks to spawn on my Six w/o fail.

• Virtual-Chris
    807 posts

@fcac-no-moe ... At one point, I could shoot down Azreal's pretty consistently with a 50-cal, but that took some practice to nail the timing and aim-point, I doubt I could do it consistently now. 😞

• AgentMikel
    224 posts

Just for note... Turning invisible is a great way to avoid getting noticed by an Azrael. 🤓

• Sam.SamFisher
    118 posts

@fcac-no-moe I'm playing GRBP OML and I get the red plane icon for the Azreal on my minimap. Enemy choppers, I don't get a map warning for them. Just Fury letting me know they're in the area. I haven't done Restricted Area One, so I deal with the Azreal's. I don't find the enemy choppers to be much of a bother unless, like I said, they come back to back were sometimes I'm engaged and get caught out. Shooting those buggers down can deplete your ammo stocks in a hurry. 😁
    I had to do that 'blow up the bridge to kill the convoy' mission three times because of rebel interference and enemy choppers getting called in just as I was parachuting onto the bridge... TWICE! 🤬🤬

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    @fcac-no-moe ... At one point, I could shoot down Azreal's pretty consistently with a 50-cal, but that took some practice to nail the timing and aim-point, I doubt I could do it consistently now. 😞

I did that in the Vanilla game almost all the times, the rest I would be caught but I still could manage to survive it or if I was doing something else and didn't care to have a firefight I just let them down me and I would go back to the business at hand.

I could be wrong of course but I do believe I was able to bring 1 down in OP ML with my M110 but after that one, I have yet to even be able to attempt it since I can't see them. Granted, most time I have trees covering me, which begs the question how are they seeing me but I am not going to get into the whole crappola excuse that they use infrared vision because some other times if you hide behind a rock or a big tree they won't see you so... yeah, more inconsistencies and we know how consistent they are about that.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Just for note... Turning invisible is a great way to avoid getting noticed by an Azrael. 🤓

Hmmmm, I have not tried that to be honest. Then again, I know I have it and I know I have grabbed all the points but I keep forgetting to use it because, frankly, it seems not to do anything for the enemy but I will give it a try now that you have mentioned it.

Thanks

• FcAc-No-Moe
    @fcac-no-moe I'm playing GRBP OML and I get the red plane icon for the Azreal on my minimap. Enemy choppers, I don't get a map warning for them. Just Fury letting me know they're in the area. I haven't done Restricted Area One, so I deal with the Azreal's. I don't find the enemy choppers to be much of a bother unless, like I said, they come back to back were sometimes I'm engaged and get caught out. Shooting those buggers down can deplete your ammo stocks in a hurry. 😁
    I had to do that 'blow up the bridge to kill the convoy' mission three times because of rebel interference and enemy choppers getting called in just as I was parachuting onto the bridge... TWICE! 🤬🤬

Sam.SamFisher, out.

Hmmmmm, so perhaps this is an option I have Un-Clicked in the settings? or perhaps an option I need to Click.

Oh boy, this is going to be harder than I thought because I normally don't like to touch options because I tend to screw more stuff up than I fix... kinda like the studio with each patch 😝

EDIT: Now, let me ask you this, do you also have pockets of clouds in your mini map where you see the enemies? Not trying to put you down or anything, we each play how we want to and I only use the minimap like a GPS of sorts, even though in this game there is no other way to get from point A to point B (most times) w/o having to look at the Tac Map multiple times. This is why I am asking you, perhaps this is why you also can see the plane icon and I can't.

DOUBLE EDIT: CMs, are we ever going to have the option to make Multiple Quotes in the same Reply? it is kinda off annoying to have to reply in 3 different posts because you want or need to respond to all of the guys that have responded to one's post.

• Sam.SamFisher
    118 posts

@fcac-no-moe It's no put down to me. I probably do. I didn't tweak anything I just put on the minimap because I was irate at having the rebels and Azreal drones and helicopters destroying my run at that mission. By habit I run no HUD so I don't really pay any attention to the minimap unless I see that big red icon. Not that it did much more than warn me when the next Azreal is incoming. They sit in the screen edge for a second before crossing the screen on their way to the other side and off. Helicopters don't show up on the map until they are on top of you. The rebels have blown a couple of other missions for me before I even got engaged. One mission I was about 600 meters out when a red banner told me I'd failed the mission. I did see the bagman with helicopter flying out of the base camp. So the banner wasn't a total surprise. 😁
    My next playthrough I'll go back to my normal ways. When I built a new character for OML drop I didn't do a lot of scrounging and came into the DLC shy of experience points. I didn't do anything more than main missions and it's hurt my overall experience with OML because I'll finish the DLC and still won't have earned 70 experience points. So I'll miss a number of gear drops this playthrough. Live and learn as they say.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• AI.BLUEFOX
    247 posts
    Granted, most time I have trees covering me, which begs the question how are they seeing me but I am not going to get into the whole crappola excuse that they use infrared vision because some other times if you hide behind a rock or a big tree they won't see you so... yeah, more inconsistencies and we know how consistent they are about that.

How is it inconsistent? Infrared doesn't pass through tree trunks and rocks so any thermal vision won't see you. You can hide just as you would from normal vision.

There are usually enough gaps in light foliage and tree canopies for the distinctive contrast between your heat signature and the background heat signature to make you stand out. Kind of the point of thermal vision.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    @fcac-no-moe It's no put down to me. I probably do. I didn't tweak anything I just put on the minimap because I was irate at having the rebels and Azreal drones and helicopters destroying my run at that mission. By habit I run no HUD so I don't really pay any attention to the minimap unless I see that big red icon. Not that it did much more than warn me when the next Azreal is incoming. They sit in the screen edge for a second before crossing the screen on their way to the other side and off. Helicopters don't show up on the map until they are on top of you. The rebels have blown a couple of other missions for me before I even got engaged. One mission I was about 600 meters out when a red banner told me I'd failed the mission. I did see the bagman with helicopter flying out of the base camp. So the banner wasn't a total surprise. 😁
    My next playthrough I'll go back to my normal ways. When I built a new character for OML drop I didn't do a lot of scrounging and came into the DLC shy of experience points. I didn't do anything more than main missions and it's hurt my overall experience with OML because I'll finish the DLC and still won't have earned 70 experience points. So I'll miss a number of gear drops this playthrough. Live and learn as they say.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

Well, if I care about points I guess it would matter but as it is, I don't even know what that Mastery skills is all about and by the looks of it, I am going to finish OP ML and leave as a Virgin so to speak because, the Challenges don't register most of the time and I have given up on them. I mean, I am sure I would love to level up so the Sponginess runs both ways but, meh! it is what it is and as we have been told many a times, we need to praise the studio for the mediocre effort put forth as that is the best they want to do.

• Sam.SamFisher
    118 posts

@fcac-no-moe As far as weapons mastery goes, I do feel a difference in the handling dept.as I increase those scores. 75 seems to me to be the peak influence so far. I need to do more testing. Accuracy and recoil doesn't get much of any bump as far as I can tell. A weapon with hard recoil remains a weapon with hard recoil. I've tested those numerous times because most of my favorite weapons are of the 7.62 variety.
    For experience points I really don't much care beyond what I can get for putting in the effort, like gear drops. As for praising Ubisoft. Well, I give them credit where I think it is due and complain about the fecal matter they think is cutesy, edgy, artsy, or whatever. Like those super dumb rebels they want you to rescue from their gages on bases, who then go off like complete numbskulls yelling about being discovered and shooting up auto-turrets I've killed the power to. Or the local citizen who seems happy to live under the thumb of both Sentinel and the Bodark's and endlessly question your right to be there in their august company, rather than being grateful to be released from that militant tyranny. 🤦♂️🤬
    Having said that, for all there is wrong with GRBP, and the list is honest criticism, I have been enjoying it given the tweaking in the options and AI set up available. Certainly OML has been interesting and a worthy adjunct to the game.

Sam.SamFisher, out.

• AgentMikel
    224 posts

Neither the Azrael can see me when I am using Optic Camo...
    undefined
    ... nor the Azrael using Optic Camo...

• FcAc-No-Moe

Well, I took care of that Province so there shouldn't be any more Azrael roaming around the Island. for my second playthrough with Vahndaar's Mod, I am going to attack this province at the first chance I get and be done with it hoping to have a bit more fun with the whole thing... too many little inconsistencies with it to immerse myself in the game or feel hunted and it makes it more annoying for my taste.

On another subject but still within the Optic Camo one... why do your weapons show? does that NOT make the whole optic camo point moot?.

And while in the subject, I guess the opti camo also deflects your heat signature? is that the logic behind it? I want to say yes and assume so but I still don't believe that the Harry Potter Invisible Sheet exists in real life let alone in this game so I can't wrap my head around it and hence why I barely use it in game.

• AgentMikel
    224 posts
    On another subject but still within the Optic Camo one... why do your weapons show? does that NOT make the whole optic camo point moot?.

Only I (the player) have got this problem. When either the enemy or the A.I. teammate using the camo, their weapons are also invisible.

• FcAc-No-Moe
    Only I (the player) have got this problem. When either the enemy or the A.I. teammate using the camo, their weapons are also invisible.

Ha!

Yes, I forgot to mentioned this little tid-bit but I did see that in one of your images. Kinda curious why they thought this was going to be a nice effect. I have my theories that involve the kiddies and holywood but I hate to speculate 😊

Suggested Topics