ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• solidspider
    Original poster 1 posts

Hi, I was wondering, Can you PLEASE make a Port of FARCRY 2 to Android? I Really liked that Game, and Seeing how I can Play Games like METAL GEAR SOLID 2 - SUBSTANCE on my Galaxy S21 Ultra Device to Perfection thanks to Emulators, I was pondering the possibilities. Thank You. Have a Nice Day/Evening.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• KmarkoPL
    480 posts
    Banned

@solidspider Not likely Ubisoft will waste resources on that.

• Tuquero65980
    6 posts

Depends on what you’re looking for, the game is brutal in difficulty, you’ll die of malaria, your favorite gun will break beyond salvage, it’s infuriating, but it grounds the game in a harsh, appreciable realism. It does not play like an arcade esc. shooter like the games that come after, it’s slow, and it is precise.

• EdwardSMaTeresa
    4 posts

Everything is out to murder you in Far Cry 2. The game is crushing in every way possible and the most grounded in reality game in the series. It’s the only one to really go all out in the idea that you’re struggling to survive. Each enemy encounter is legitimately lethal. If you run, they will absolutely hunt you down. Your weapons can jam in the middle of combat and cost you your life. I adore the use of diamonds as currency, it gives real incentive to explore the dangerous world. If you wanna look at the map, your character literally has to pull it out. Driving then becomes a literal challenge if you wanna read the map and drive. It’s unlike anything I’ve seen in another game. The environment just oozes misery and death. The bleak colors, the use of sound, its terrifying when you explore not knowing if someone’s gonna open fire on you when you turn the corner. Why aren’t more games like this?

• Tuquero65980
    6 posts

@edwardsmateresa Far Cry 2 is the only game in the series I would consider a (almost) masterpiece. It’s combat system is one I wish more games would utilize today, with guns that jam and occasionally break. The use of a tangible map adds to immersion. Cars are easy to break down and slow to fix, and the constant fear of malaria means you’ll always need to keep pills at your side throughout the game. The only weak spot is the story, but IMO aside from 3 (and maybe blood dragon) I really don’t enjoy far cry stories.

• Tuquero65980
    6 posts

I'm a huge advocate for Far Cry 2, it's just amazing in my opinion, BUT, it's not a game for everyone.
    Far Cry 2 is part tech demo, part masochistic gameplay experiment (it's designed to ruin your fun at points) and part art game, all rolled into one and sold under the guise of a AAA shooter. It's a very rough game, that provides some of the most intense and immersive gaming yet created, but at the cost of some glaringly obvious design flaws. If that doesn't sound appealing to you, then move on.
    If you're used to fast paced games and want something like Call of Duty, Halo, or even Far Cry 3, then don't play Far Cry 2. It's slow paced and meant to be played with a more methodical approach. Essentially it's designed to be somewhat of a "thinking man's" shooter. I don't want you to play it and expect one thing, end up with what the game actually is and then start hating on it like everyone else who hates on without understanding its purpose.

Suggested Topics