ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• fishbone76
    3 posts

yup, same here for Steam version. Only voices, no background music or sound effects.

• vini51th2
    6 posts

@chuckkatse You're correct but sometimes (DLC) you need to upgrade. I used to disable the auto update but I changed my mind. I should go back to a disable mode.

• SamCheney
    1 posts

Exactly the same issue for me. Looks like there are a load more players with the same issue on the Steam forums too.

• vini51th2
    6 posts

@samcheney Yes. And it raises up the question of game testing & quality of delivery at Ubisoft.

• Artyom1290
    1 posts

Same issue. Only the main character's voice is on. Any other voices has gone after the update even menu music.

• davidhines1
    22 posts

i also have no sound other than voices only the ship captain voice works. all the sounds of the sea, and other sound effects, the music is all silent.

i wonder if it is trying to use the nvidia sound because i have no audio on my monitor, and use the realtek sound via a 3.5mm jack to speakers. i notice my driver updates for the gpu always include nvidia sound thing. unfortunately, that 'sound card' isnt connected to anything.

but thats just a wild guess. the only thing i am sure of, is barnabas is the only one made any sound since the cross wired update

• davidhines1
    22 posts
    this new update ended the game sound , when are you going to fix this error ?

for me only barnabas makes any noise all other sound is gone. game is unplayable now

• Freestepper
    Original poster 161 posts

@davidhines1 Nvidia sound driver is probably not an issue in this case, but i hate Nvidia sound driver, because it was causing me problems in the past with my actual sound card i'm using. Since then i'm keeping Nvidia driver turned off and every time i'm updating my graphics driver, i'm skipping the sound driver from the update.

• vini51th2
    6 posts

@davidhines1 I have tried to use both internal Realtek sound card and additional Soundblaster with the same result. The issue is from the game, for sure.

• Velldanas
    21 posts

@freestepper @davidhines1 @vini51th2 The fix is - "WAIT". Because all the sound files that show removed on steamdb: (https://steamdb.info/patchnotes/7750147/), like the entire sounddata\PC\ folder was removed. Also many vid files are removed. We can't fix it by ourself. Need to wait until they drop the new update, with necessery files which they are forgot to add in this build. Stop using software and experiment with cables or drivers.

• vini51th2
    6 posts

removed on steamdb I did not know this website. Interesting link. Thank you for sharing.

• Enkidu98
    47 posts

Same Here, came looking for a fix, and per post above, looks like they didn't load all the files to Steam. 104GB redownload because I finished this game and all of its official stuff years ago, downloaded it just for this crossover quest, and bleah.

• siwy887
    7 posts

I play today Odyssey and is ok after update 1.5.6 i have no sound too i have Steam version plz ubi make fast patch to fix this bug 😞

• hans_der_fiese
    1 posts

Same here. No ingame ambient music oder sound samples from the main menu onwards. Only voice sound from Kassandra. Verifying game files via steam didn't fix it.

• Juacquesch
    1 posts

Same here. Just downloaded the update like an hour ago. Tried different save files and walked a bit in game (PC - Steam version).

No sound, no sound at all.
    Only thing I heard was that when loading the save file where I finished the game (I have one save file from me in a New Game+ mid story, a save file from my girlfriend mid story and a save file which has my original run after the game ended) was Kassandra's voice saying "This is all bearing too much on me...Ohhh I would love to get a break..." or something. Other than that, in-game nor in the menu, when starting the game or in the loading screens it's all just gone.

How did they manage to even roll out this update to live? They must have known this, you check what you update...something big like this couldn't be missed...

• Ubi-Orion
    Ubisoft Support Staff 1222 posts

Hey there folks.

Just to let you know that the team are aware of this issue regarding missing sound and it's under active investigation at the moment. I have merged a few threads into this one thread to keep things organised as this issue is clearly affecting a large number of players.

We do apologise for any inconvenience caused as a result of this issue and we're working on getting this resolved as soon as we possibly can.

Thanks.

Official Response
  • WHMofDeath
    1 posts

@freestepper glad to know I'm not the only one. I legit updated and tested all my laptop drivers to figure this out before coming here to figure out what the heck happened to my game.

• ImNotASWFanboy
    1 posts

@ubi-orion Thanks for the update, look forward to a fix hopefully soon.

• pagstathis
    1 posts

@velldanas indeed, for example, preview of the abilities at abilities menu are missing as well. Let's wait for the fix, don't want to start the new story in silence though

• Arhimman7
    1 posts

not only sound seems epilepsy warnings and disclaimer have been removed too. well rip 🤣

Suggested Topics