ubisoft discussions

Quick Suggestions

• kimass3317
    Original poster 2 posts

I want male x male. It doesn't matter if the female character is a canon. Are you ignoring people who choose Alexios on Odyssey?

Please allow me to select the gender of the important characters that you can meet on the new island.

• Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

Contrary to popular belief, Lorem Ipsum is not simply random text. It has roots in a piece of classical Latin literature from 45 BC, making it over 2000 years old. Richard McClintock, a Latin professor at Hampden-Sydney College in Virginia, looked up one of the more obscure Latin words, consectetur, from a Lorem Ipsum passage, and going through the cites of the word in classical literature, discovered the undoubtable source. Lorem Ipsum comes from sections 1.10.32 and 1.10.33 of "de Finibus Bonorum et Malorum" (The Extremes of Good and Evil) by Cicero, written in 45 BC. This book is a treatise on the theory of ethics, very popular during the Renaissance. The first line of Lorem Ipsum, "Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet..", comes from a line in section 1.10.32.

• TheNorfolkian
    1191 posts

@kimass3317 This is a valid request, but you forget that Ubisoft would have to work twice as hard.

• AnimusLover
    263 posts

OP, what you need to understand is Kassandra , as far as Valhalla is concerned, is an NPC. She is not playable. We don't select the gender of any other NPCs in the game so it makes sense that you can't with Kassandra. And as Kassandra IS the canon eagle bearer, Ubisoft Quebec made the right choice. You, on the other hand, made the wrong one. That's the fact of the matter.

• melbye82
    7 posts

@animuslover Not a good idea to give your customers a choice then tell them they made the wrong one. It's disrespectful especially when 2/3 of the people playing Odyssey played Alexios

• AnimusLover
    263 posts

@melbye82 The mistake Ubisoft made was giving players the choice in the first place, although that wasn't the devs fault; it was the sexist higher ups who forced Alexios. Most players would have accepted Kassandra as the sole protagonist and you wouldn't get the complaints from some Alexios fans that we have now. Either way, Ubisoft Quebec were honest in letting players know Kassandra was the canon protagonist before the Odyssey was released. So if you chose Alexios anyway you should have been prepared and accepted that you'd never see him as the Eagle Bearer again in future content.

• TheNorfolkian
    1191 posts

@animuslover While that is technically true, Alexios is still featured on the loading splash screen and in the up-to-date ‘Atlantis’ menu screen of the game (at least on XBox... not sure about PS/PC/etc.). I’d say Ubisoft can’t make up its mind. Ubisoft also seems to have this problem with Valhalla. They consistently feature the male Eivor in most promotional material, even though they sometimes throw the female Eivor in other promotional material. That said, having played Odyssey with both Alexios and Kassandra, I actually like the voice acting for Kassandra more. However, I think the voice acting for the male Eivor works better for Valhalla than the female Eivor.

• AnimusLover
    263 posts

@thenorfolkian Yes, Alexios was heavily featured in the marketing because we know now what Ubisoft higher ups think of female lead games and if you need a refresher just pull up the exposé by Jason Schreier on it. Whether Kassandra is the better voice actor is irrelevant (even though, yeah, she is by far). She's the canon protagonist; that's all that matters. Ubisoft let players know she was the canon protagonist and they've now cemented that forever with this DLC. So the complaints from fans who decided to go against canon by choosing Alexios is unreasonable. I personally prefer male Eivor's voice actor too but in future when they inevitably use female Eivor I'm not going to demand a gender option, especially when the game explicitly lets the "animus decide". In fact, I switched to female Eivor for the crossover DLC as I wanted the most authentic lore experience

• tcarlisle2012
    170 posts

I was just going to say that people who feel frustrated that the female character was forced upon you, now you know how some gamers must have felt all these years when the protagonist in games was always male.

• Sir_Rudi
    10 posts

I would rather that ubisoft didn't give us a "choice" only to make one of the choices cannon, they should've just make one character like they did with most of their games. I believe the best approach to introduce both genders was Syndicate, though you do have to play both, it's not a choice. Of course I would rather pick the cannon option had I known before lol, I'm not really familiarized with Kassandra, so the crossover wasn't that much of a hype to me, after playing more than 200 hours with Alexios.

• AngryImp
    6 posts

@tcarlisle2012 not valid at all.... that's a dumb way too look at it.

• CyCzarn
    45 posts

Imo I'm always for choice, but going forwards the canon character should always be male. The male character is always overwhelmingly more popular and we wouldn't have these issues of the lesser picked protagonist being the face of that respective character in the future of franchise.

• princenaldo
    1 posts

@thenorfolkian I feel the same way you do. I love Kassandra and her voice acting and I prefer male Eivor's voice to female Eivor but I am currently playing with female Eivor.

Suggested Topics